Before we delve into the details of CSV Editor, let us understand what exactly CSV is. CSV stands for Comma-Separated Values. Many CSV file applications also use a semi-colon, etc., as decimal separators due to which a CSV file, because of its wider application, is also termed as a Character-Separated Values file. In short, a CSV file is a data list or text file that stores tabular data in form of text and/or numbers using various separators. In this article, we have listed best CSV editor for Windows. You can download any one of the given CSV Editors.
- 30 Best CSV Editors for Windows
- 1. CSVed
- 2. CSV Buddy
- 3. CSV Pad
- 4. CSVStar
- 5. CSVForm
- 6. reCsvEditor
- 7. Apache OpenOffice Calc
- 8. LibreOffice Calc
- 9. Ron’s CSV Editor Lite
- 10. iMatrixitor
- 11. CSVFileView Editor
- 12. Windows Notepad
- 13. PlusOffice Free Calc
- 14. Corel Quattro
- 15. File Viewer Plus
- 16. Quicken Deluxe
- 17. Microsoft Excel
- 18. Google Sheets
- 19. XML Editor
- 20. Gnumeric
- 21. DMcsvEditor
- 22. PlanMaker
- 23. IBM Lotus Symphony
- 24. OxygenOffice Professional Calc
- 25. OOo4Kids Calc
- 26. Calligra Sheets
- 27. RecordEditor
- 28. Java csveditor
- 29. uniCSVed
- 30. EasyTables
30 Best CSV Editors for Windows
Coming back to CSV Editor, it is a powerful file editor or viewer application that analyzes data, it also checks files that are to be uploaded on databases, makes any modifications in configuration files, maintains a list of customer details, etc., etc. This editing application/software is available for use on not only Windows but can also be made use for Mac and Linux operating systems.
There are many different types of software available for free and in this discussion, we will limit our discussion to the Best Free CSV Editor for Windows only, as per details below:
CSVed is a free CSV editor that you can download which helps in the editing of CSV Files quickly and easily due to its following capabilities:
- It enables the handling of any type of CSV file.
- Its field and line separators enable you to perform a variety of operations.
- It lets you re-arrange columns.
- It also allows adding or removing columns.
- It enables you to modify the values.
- It allows you to delete duplicate data.
- It has a font manager.
- Its offers a navigation sidebar.
- It has a four-in-one toolbar.
- It also has a portable version.
2. CSV Buddy
CSV Buddy is considered in the list of the best free CSV Editors for Windows that you can download due to the following reasons:
- It enables you to open the fields in the CSV files.
- It enables modifications of CSV files.
- It enables the use of multi-line and single-line CSV file formats.
- It enables the import or export of CSV files using a wide range of file formats.
- It loads all sorts of files having various insertions.
- It is not required to install CSV Buddy software and can be freely shared online.
- It enables the creation of desktop shortcuts.
Also Read: 20 Best Cell Phone Tracking App
3. CSV Pad
CSV Pad handy free CSV editor is also considered in the list of the best Free CSV Editor for Windows that you can download on the following grounds:
- It supports Unicode.
- It is a portable application.
- It by default supports all types of formats.
- It auto-corrects file structure.
- It also enables updating of files.
- It enables you to save a table in JPG format.
- It enables online search for any required file or webpage.
- It enables you to save, import, or export CSV files.
- It is a small and lightweight tool.
- It is suitable for all Windows applications.
CSVStar software was developed by a company of a similar name and is the recommended software in this list of the Best Free CSV Editors for Windows due to the following aspects:
- It is a 5.75 MB lightweight CSV editor file.
- It is available for use in the English language.
- It is also compatible with the Windows operating system.
- The interface with the help of different Wizards enables alterations in its header and footer.
- It enables you to edit various fields in your CSV file.
- It enables using certain functions to manage templates.
CSVForm is on the list of the best CSV editors for Windows that you can download because of the below-mentioned attributes:
- It is a lightweight free to use CSV editor tool for Windows
- It can be used out-of-the-box without the need for its installation on your device
- It is a very handy portable tool available on offer for the daily traveler
- It enables you to insert and delete data as per need
- It also enables you to edit values and perform a lot more functions as per one’s requirement.
reCsvEditor is an easy-to-use CSV file editing software for Windows. It can be configured in the list of Best Free CSV Editors for Windows due to its following attributes:
- It allows you to fix both CSV as well as fixed-width files.
- It makes use of the XML and PO files to fix multi-record and fixed-width files.
- It supports multiple functions and provides various options.
- It also supports mammoth SQL files as huge as 1GB.
- it automatically reveals CSV files with single records.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
7. Apache OpenOffice Calc
Apache OpenOffice Calc is an easy-to-use spreadsheet program rated as one of the best Free CSV Editor for Windows due to the following reasons:
- It is an easy-to-learn software.
- It uses natural language formulas.
- It can easily extract data from big business houses and corporate databases.
- It can determine what can go wrong in a specific situation and identify the outcome and resulting developments.
- Its enables you to try different cell formatting options.
- It lets you obtain the most desirable, ideal value of a spreadsheet.
- It enables the use of its multiple user support functions.
- It enables you to access and save your spreadsheets in OpenDocument format.
- It can send results to those users who do not have a spreadsheet program installed on their device.
8. LibreOffice Calc
LibreOffice Calc is another free CSV Editor recommended as one of the best free CSV Editors for Windows due to the following reasons:
- This free spreadsheet program is an intelligent and easy to learn the software.
- It can be used both by amateurs as well as professionals.
- It enables downloading of templates from its LibreOffice template library.
- It enables you to use off-the-shelf pre-made spreadsheets.
- It enables the convenient use of direct cell formatting.
- It enables content rotation.
- It enables different styling options.
Also Read: 18 Best Tools for Hacking
9. Ron’s CSV Editor Lite
Ron’s CSV Editor Lite is another dynamic tool recommended in the list of the Best Free CSV Editors for Windows due to the following attributes:
- It has a neat and clean interface.
- It enables you to open any kind of file.
- It enables its use as a plain grid.
- It enables cell fill tools.
- It also enables you to blend and convert to a spreadsheet-style format.
- The filter system allows you to scroll and search in-depth for any minuscule information.
- It gives you complete control over the content of your CSV file.
iMatrixitor, an editor published by Farrio, is considered in the list of the Best Free CSV Editors for Windows because of the following traits:
- This editor is a small, light-duty 3.4 MB CSV editor file for Windows.
- It enables the editing of files in various ways.
- It supports both Unix as well as Windows/PC format of text and binary files.
- It enables you to open as well as save files that are available on a PC’s hard disk or the File Transfer Protocol (FTP) server.
- It displays and automatically refreshes all fields and headers of the opened files.
Also Read: Top 15 Best Free IPTV Players
11. CSVFileView Editor
The CVSFileView editor is considered in the list of the best free CSV editor for Windows that you can download because of the following quality attributes:
- It enables you to open and view CSV files
- It enables you to sort and re-arrange the lines and columns.
- It enables you to save your data in the form of an HTML report.
- It also enables you to save your data in XML format or a command-line delimit file.
- It enables the use of a command-line interface to automate file conversions.
- It enables you to auto-identify quote characters.
- It enables total in-depth control to scroll and search for any small detail.
12. Windows Notepad
Windows Notepad is another powerful and leading tool considered to be on the list of the best free editors for windows because of the following attributes on display:
- It is a free-to-use lightweight tool.
- It can read and write plain texts that are encoded in ASCII, UTF-8, and UTF-16.
- It supports both left-to-right and right-to-left aligned languages.
- It enables you to edit and change the script and text.
- It enables keyboard shortcuts.
- It allows a user to search for the selected text.
- This is compatible with other different file formats.
- It enables customizing the use of headers, footers, and margins by placing date, file name, and any other information.
13. PlusOffice Free Calc
PlusOffice Free Calc, part of the PlusOffice free suite developed by OpenOffice Software LLC, is another CSV editor rated to be on the list of the Best Free CSV Editors for Windows because of the following features:
- It enables you to re-arrange columns.
- It enables the addition of new rows.
- It enables the deletion of any duplication in a row or column.
- It enables a Draw and Maths feature using charts and graphs.
- It enables you to scroll and search for any minutest of information.
- It enables the use of 17 international languages dictionaries.
- It enables downloading of 21 templates from the PlusOffice Free Calc template library.
14. Corel Quattro
Corel Quattro Pro is a spreadsheet tool for managing your accounts and finances, developed by Corel.
- It can read and write CSV files, and users can inspect and change formatting choices.
- The UI of Corel Quattro is simple and elegant.
- It has a lot of features that are similar to MS Excel.
- It’s a spreadsheet program designed specifically for professionals that work with spreadsheets on a regular basis.
- Some of its capabilities, like the Perfect Expert Wizard and Quick-Fit, are ideal for creating spreadsheets on the move.
- This software is an excellent choice for both office workers and home users.
Also Read: Top 10 Best Kodi Linux Distro
15. File Viewer Plus
File Viewer Plus, which differs from Corel Quattro Pro in some ways, is a simple program for viewing CSV files.
- It can read and write files in over 100 different formats.
- You can also utilize other file formats.
- It’s a fantastic and useful piece of software for your computer.
- File Viewer Plus also comes with a batch converter that allows you to convert multiple files at once.
- It costs $58.94 for a one-time payment, and support is provided via FAQs and an online inquiry form.
16. Quicken Deluxe
Quicken Deluxe is a personal spreadsheet program that helps you keep track of and manage your finances that you can download.
- It gives you the ability to plan your expenses.
- It lets you examine, edit, and format CSV files.
- It provides customers with a reporting tool that enables them to produce customized financial reports.
- It allows you to keep track of your spending and avoid going into debt.
- You may quickly import data from other financial management applications and customize the settings to your liking.
- CSV format is also supported.
Also Read: 13 Best Mininova Alternatives
17. Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel, the industry-standard spreadsheet tool for organizing and manipulating data, is another excellent option to download.
- It can handle a wide range of file kinds and has a big number of mathematical functions.
- It gives you the ability to edit, change, and visualize data.
- You may quickly do statistical analysis and inspections.
- The font size and design may also be modified.
- Pre-loaded templates are also available for download.
- It makes data analysis and collection tools simple to use.
18. Google Sheets
Google Sheets, like the rest of the Google Workspace suite, is completely free to use for both people and organizations.
- For deep insights, it may pull data from numerous sources.
- It comes with everything you’ll need to analyze, visualize, and make the most of your data.
- Sheets allow up to 100 people to work on the same document at once.
- It’s simple to distribute documents by copying a link or sending them directly.
- At the bottom of the screen, Sheets allows users to control individual sheets within a document.
19. XML Editor
Another effective and dependable CSV editor program is XML editor.
- It allows the user to simultaneously read numerous CSV files.
- It is both free and simple to download.
- It is simple and straightforward to use.
- The program has two types of separators: comment separator and encapsulation separator.
- It can effortlessly modify and open CSV and XML files.
- Each window has its own set of features for viewing complicated XML, CSV, text, and custom field-separated documents.
Gnumeric is a straightforward and dependable CSV editor for Windows that you can download.
- It’s simple to download.
- This program is simple to use and allows the user to execute a variety of editing activities.
- In the CSV document, the user can delete or add columns.
- Values can be pasted, clipped, or copied into the CSV file.
- It is accessible for free.
- It is capable of handling big spreadsheets while maintaining responsiveness.
DMcsvEditor is an easy-to-use program for editing CSV files on Windows.
- It’s a completely free application.
- It swiftly modifies, adds, locates, deletes, and edits records in CSV files.
- The file types BMP and JPEG are supported.
- It has support for the ABC sort column.
- It enables column resizing to be performed automatically.
- It supports drag-and-drop.
- It recognizes many languages and supports numerous languages.
Also Read: 29 Best AI Chatbots Online
PlanMaker is spreadsheet software that is included in the SoftMaker Office suite of programs.
- It allows you to modify CSV files.
- Each worksheet can have up to one million rows.
- It locates the top and lowest values in a piece of data and highlights them with color or icons.
- Budgets, invoices, receipts, and expenditure reports may all be created and exported to PDF.
- One of the eighty distinct 3D and 2D Charts may be used to present your data right away.
- Transparencies, shadows, and light effects can all be used.
23. IBM Lotus Symphony
The IBM Lotus Symphony office suite includes IBM Lotus Symphony Spreadsheets that you can download.
- It is a shareware that allows you to quickly and easily modify CSV files.
- It has the ability to delete and add columns to CSV files.
- It also allows you to change the values in CSV files.
- It comes with three different tools: a word processor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation.
- It offers a single-windowed interface from which the three programs may be launched.
- It comes with all of the standard tools you’d expect in a program like this.
Also Read: Yahoo Chat Rooms: Where did it fade away?
24. OxygenOffice Professional Calc
OxygenOffice Professional Calc is a CSV editor for Windows that is available for free. The OxygenOffice Professional Office Suite includes OxygenOffice Professional Calc.
- It provides you the flexibility to add or delete columns from CSV files.
- It also allows you to change the values in your CSV files.
- In addition, you may include a header or footer in your CSV files.
- It Contains unique clipart and template collection.
- It’s available in a variety of languages.
- It works on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows, as well as Linux.
25. OOo4Kids Calc
CSV files are readily edited, opened, and viewed using OOo4Kids Calc.
- It is aimed specifically at youngsters aged 7 to 12.
- It gives them access to a useful collection of tools.
- A word processor, a vector art application, a presentation editor, and a spreadsheet are among the four apps included.
- It has a user interface that is appropriate for kids.
- It’s a 100% free application.
26. Calligra Sheets
Calligra Sheets is an excellent CSV editor for Windows to download. It’s included with the Calligra Office Suite.
- It’s free and open-source.
- It allows you to edit CSV files professionally.
- Using this program, you may simply remove columns, rows, and change the values in cells.
- It allows you to effortlessly open alternative MS Excel compatible file types.
- Microsoft Office, LibreOffice, and OpenOffice.org can all open files generated using Calligra Suite.
RecordEditor is a helpful program for editing CSV files.
- You may use this program to modify your CSV files by adding or removing entries and columns.
- You may also cut, copy, and paste records in CSV files.
- It accepts a variety of file types, including CSV and HTML.
- It’s a compact and light device.
- It accepts both text and binary files in Unix / PC / Legacy file formats.
- It has the ability to convert files from one format to another.
28. Java csveditor
Java csveditor is a handy and attractive CSV editor for Windows that you can download.
- This free program allows you to modify CSV files in a variety of ways.
- It’s a small piece of software.
- It’s a portable program, so you can take it with you everywhere you go.
- This freeware does not require installation.
Also Read: 5 Best FPS Counter For Windows 10
uniCSVed is another best CSV editor for Windows on this list that you can download.
- You may change records, add records, remove records, copy selected records, delete blank lines, and remove leading and trailing spaces, among other things.
- A CSV file can also be repaired.
- It’s a little simple program.
- It offers a straightforward and basic user interface.
- The file browser or drag-and-drop approach may be used to import CSV objects into the workspace.
- It has a small influence on system performance because it only uses a small amount of CPU and RAM.
EasyTables is a useful Windows-based CSV editor for Windows you can download.
- This shareware makes it easy to edit CSV files.
- You can swiftly change the values in the CSV table with this program.
- In the CSV file, you may easily add and delete columns.
- You may also use the table to search and replace text.
- It’s a little simple program.
- The application allows you to filter the rows by keywords or phrases, as well as alter data inside the columns.
- It allows you to fill cells using mathematical calculations.
- How to Make Taskbar Transparent in Windows 10
- 28 Best Free Photo Editing Software for PC
- Top 10 Best Torrent Websites
- 28 Best File Copy Software for Windows
Last but not the least, the list of best CSV editors for Windows is inexhaustive and there are more Free CSV editors for Windows like MultiMedia Office Calc. Gnumeric, record editor, Calligra sheets, and many more. We have made this list including only a fraction of the best free CSV editors for Windows and we are sure that they would be able to meet your all requirements of a CSV editor for Windows. If you happen to know any application that we would have missed or you think to deserve a place on this list, let us know in the comment section down below.