Copying a file from one location to another in Windows PCs is the most common action we perform almost daily using keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl + C & Ctrl + V keys. Alternately, you can right-click on the file and select Copy followed by another right-click and Paste option in the desired directory. However, there is a much easier option also available that enables you to simply drag and drop the file to the desired location so that it gets copied automatically. Increasing the RAM size may be of help but it may not necessarily help increase file transfer speed. Hence, to fasten up the process you can use file copy software free or paid. Read our list of the 28 best file copy software and make an informed decision.
- 25+ Best File Copy Software for Windows PCs
- 1. Fast Copy
- 2. TeraCopy
- 3. Copy Handler
- 4. KillCopy
- 5. EaseUs Disk Copy
- 6. MiniCopier
- 7. Unstoppable Copier
- 8. UltraCopier
- 9. File Fisher
- 10. ExtremeCopy
- 11. PerigeeCopy
- 12. RichCopy
- 13. NiceCopier
- 14. FF Copy
- 15. RoboCopy
- 16. SuperCopier
- 17. WinMend
- 18. n2ncopy
- 19. File Copy Utility
- 20. WinRoboCopy
- 21. Bit Copier
- 22. Iman File Copier
- 23. Xcopy
- 24. File Copy
- 25. SchizoCopy
- 26. yCopy
- 27. QCopy
- 28. Fast Copy Paste
25+ Best File Copy Software for Windows PCs
Why choose file copy software over in-built copy-paste options?
- The processes indicated above are time-consuming especially if you have to transfer a large amount of data.
- Secondly, you cannot halt the process once started.
- Moreover, third-party data transfer or file copy software comes with a host of benefits like better information, queuing copies, pausing, skipping, and dealing with problematic files.
The following list provides you with the best options to copy and transfer a file of any size at a faster pace while retaining the quality of the source data.
1. Fast Copy
Fast Copy is highly useful software available free of cost and is considered to be one of the best file copiers due to the following reasons:
- Fast Copy has a highly efficient User Interface compatible with Windows versions 7,8 and10.
- It is portable software.
- This copier is one of the fastest file copying and backup tools.
- Besides, it enables auto-selection of copy settings.
- It also supports UNICODE and over MAX_PATH file pathnames.
- It enables the use of the ACL.
- It also allows Allstream options.
- Moreover, Fast Copy provides all the details of file copy or transfer.
- It does not replace the default copy utility of Windows.
TeraCopy is another good file copy software program for Windows 10 as well as Windows 7 and Windows 8. It hosts multiple features:
- It is a 17.6 MB software application, which does not require to be installed.
- It has both free and paid versions with the paid version starting at $19.95.
- It enables drag and drop feature.
- It even helps in repair & recovery of data.
- If it disconnects, it will again automatically re-connect to the system.
- It verifies the copied files with the source files.
- It sends a confirmatory message after every drag and drop action.
- However, it will require 1 GB RAM and at least 100 MB of Hard Drive space.
3. Copy Handler
Copy Handler is another best free file copy software you will come across in your search for the best file copier due to the following pros:
- It is open-source software, available free of cost.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows. Cool, right?
- It enables high-speed transfer of files.
- It offers multilingual support.
- It allows you to check the working health of the file transfer process.
- The system automatically completes all unfinished tasks, when you restart your PC whenever it is accidentally shut down. You no longer need to worry about your files anymore.
- It features the drag and drop function.
- It also enables queue support.
KillCopy makes its way into this list as one of the fastest file copy software which is also free due to the amazing features mentioned below:
- It has a simple drag & drop feature to ease the copying process.
- You can use the high-speed verification mode to remove any errors from the file that occurred due to a bad connection with a remote device.
- With the KillDelete option, you can delete the source file easily after completing the copying procedure.
- Turbo mode allows you to increase the copying speed of large files between local disks on the system.
- Auto resume feature automatically resumes the file transfer after an unknown and abrupt disconnection.
- The history option allows you to check the files transferred via history.txt file from KillCopy directory.
5. EaseUs Disk Copy
If you are on the lookout for an incredibly fast and one of the best free file copy software, your search ends here. EaseUs Disk Copy software is considered so, due to the following attributes that it displays:
- It enables the copying of complete Hard Disk Drive (HDD) or Solid-State Device (SDD) to a new location with a single click.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows OS.
- It also possesses the capability to rescue corrupt or damaged hard drives.
- It can also copy inaccessible or lost or deleted files.
- It supports hard disks up to 16 TB in size.
- The software has two paid variants: Pro and Technician They start at a rate of $19.90 per month and $89.00 per year respectively.
- Both versions offer a free trial option before asking you to buy a subscription.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
MiniCopier is another name in the list of the best file copy software for Windows and is rightly considered so in the list due to the following feature-packed attributes detailed below:
- It is available for free.
- It enables drag and drop functions.
- It has a simple User Interface.
- It enables you to regulate the speed of copying.
- It allows you to pause or resume the file copy process.
- MiniCopier offers the flexibility to skip the current file copy or transfer and move on to the next.
- It enables overwriting of files and bug fixing.
- In addition, it maintains complete records of the files copied or transferred.
7. Unstoppable Copier
Roadkil Unstoppable Copier features in the list of the best free file copy software for Windows PCs due to a host of excellent features, like:
- It is reliable and easy to use.
- It is compatible with older versions of Windows except Windows 10.
- It enables command line support.
- It holds the capability to build incomplete copied files.
- It is excellent recovery software as it enables the recovery of any original document that might have gotten lost during the copy-pasting process.
- It does not require GUI or Graphical User Interface.
- It runs at an enormous speed.
- It enables batch mode processing.
UltraCopier earned its place in the list of the best free file copy software due to the following attributes:
- It is an open-source, free-to-use application.
- It offers premium featured version available at a starting price of $14.99.
- It occupies very little space on your hard disk.
- It is compatible with macOS & Linux OS besides Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10.
- It is highly customizable and can be used without any difficulty.
- You can perform multiple copies at the same time.
- It comes with an error management feature.
- It also hosts a Copy queue tray to check the copy progress and allow the same.
9. File Fisher
File Fisher is one more file copy software available for free and highly recommended because:
- It is a lightweight software with an easy-to-use and highly adaptable User Interface.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows.
- It is a portable tool.
- It enables you to copy files in bulk.
- It gives you the flexibility to pause, resume, and even cancel a file transfer.
- It has a menu bar that offers auto-update, organize folders, and compress files options.
- It provides you with an option to rename or replace files just like other file rename software for Windows.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files from Android to PC
Easersoft ExtremeCopy is a very handy software to own and can, without doubt, be considered as one of the best free file copy software for Windows.
- It is a lightweight, easy-to-use application.
- It has an in-built error management system.
- It enables you to easily resume the interrupted program.
- It also offers you the freedom to cancel, pause or skip a file copy or transfer.
- It is compatible with all major operating systems like Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10, and Mac OS.
- It enables the auto-closing of Windows once the file copying or transfer task is complete.
- Moreover, it provides data verification option after copying of data is complete.
- It is considered to be 20% to 120% faster than the default Windows file copy software tool.
It offers both Standard & Pro-versions with an initial 30-day free trial. After the trial period is over, you have to shell out a one-time payment of $19.95 to use it. So, get your trial version today!
PerigreeCopy has held its ground amongst the list of the best free file copy software for Windows PCs due to the following attributes:
- It has an easy-to-use interface that enables the transfer of multiple files at high speeds.
- It also enables you to delete files at lightning-fast speeds.
- It supports all Windows operating systems and works exceptionally well with Windows 7 and earlier versions.
- It ignores all corrupt or damaged files.
RichCopy was designed by Ken Tamaru of Microsoft to copy or move files from one place to another.
- Through a unique Wizard interface available exclusively with this program, you may always know and view all duplicated jobs.
- It’s a fantastic tool for quickly copying an entire drive, directory, or a few modified files.
- You can copy a huge number of files really fast using RichCopy.
- It’s the quickest file transfer program for Windows 7, 8, and 10.
- It allows you to synchronize and transfer data over a network, in addition to copying files.
NiceCopier is a nice piece of software that functions admirably as a replacement for the built-in file copy feature in Windows Explorer because:
- It has the ability to copy and paste data quickly.
- Its default settings can be changed, such as running at startup.
- Features include pause, resume, and the ability to determine the ideal copying pace.
- In a single window, the program shows all running tasks.
- It’s straightforward and portable software.
Also Read: 9 Best Free Data Recovery Software (2022)
14. FF Copy
On our list, FF Copy is one of the best file copy tools for Windows because of its following remarkable features:
- It has the capacity to considerably boost the speed of the entire process by automatically regenerating the source as soon as it becomes unavailable.
- Simply copy or paste the file into a transfer queue, and it will be transferred in the appropriate sequence.
- You may quickly skip to the next file transfer during a file transfer without difficulty.
- The procedure can be paused and resumed as & when needed.
- It’s a lot quicker than other utilities of this type.
- It allows you to transfer numerous files or directories, at once.
RoboCopy is not a software or utility for copying files. It’s just a command for copying and moving files in Windows.
- This command may also be used to transfer files and data from one server to another, in addition to folders and drives.
- Its unique feature is that this command can copy files even when the network is down.
- This command replaces XCopy in a straightforward manner.
- You can even skip copies of files that are already on the target disk or folder.
- It copies routes between 259 – 32k characters without any mistakes.
- It runs on both Windows Vista & Windows 8 operating systems.
Also Read: 18 Best Tools for Hacking
SuperCopier4 is the ideal option if you’re seeking a more stable alternative to UltraCopier.
- You can set a file transfer speed limit using it.
- A multi-threaded file transfer functionality is also included in the software.
- SuperCopier 4 is priced at $14.99. There is also a free version available that you can try.
- It lets you initiate, halt, and restart file transfers.
- It provides an error-handling mechanism as well.
- It uses very few system resources.
- It’s free and open-source, and thus, it’s quite adaptable.
- SuperCopier offers better stability than UltraCopier.
The File Copy function in WinMend is quite typical. Here are some notable features of this app:
- At the destination, it offers the option to replace or skip matched files.
- It is possible to halt and continue the copying operation as needed.
- It’s a batch file copying program that’s both free and simple to use.
- It allows you to effortlessly copy multiple files & folders from several places to a user-defined destination.
- It can speed up the copy process by up to three times when compared to the system default function.
- You may utilize the drag-and-drop technique as well.
n2ncopy is a tiny Windows tool that allows you to copy or move several files and folders to one or more destinations, all at once. Isn’t that amazing! Moreover,
- You can move files and folders around by dragging and dropping them.
- The total number of files and folders in the list is displayed.
- By right-clicking on the interface, you may customise it.
- Since it comes as a ZIP file, it doesn’t need to be installed.
19. File Copy Utility
File Copy Utility is the next top file copy software for Windows on our list. It possesses the following attributes:
- It is a free programme.
- It is supplied as a single executable file that does not require installation.
- This utility allows you to move files or folders across various locations.
- Files and folders may be dragged and dropped into the main window.
- It also provides the option of shutting down the computer once the copy task is completed.
- Copy files to a target folder from several locations simultaneously.
Also Read: Top 15 Best Free IPTV Players
WinRoboCopy is a free graphical user interface for the RoboCopy command. It possesses the following characteristics:
- It enables you to copy any folder from one location to another.
- WinRoboCopy allows the users to specify files and folders by dragging files and directories into Windows Explorer.
- You may begin the copying procedure by clicking the RoboCopy! button.
- When copying, you may also utilize wildcards and other switches.
- It also features a timetable option, allowing you to plan your copy work around your schedule.
21. Bit Copier
Instead of using the Windows copier, you may use Bit Copier instead because:
- It allows you to move files and folders across locations.
- It is available in a portable form and is completely free.
- Multiple files and directories can be copied at the same time.
- You can change the default buffer speed.
- Even if a mistake occurs, it has the capacity to continue copying.
- Its user-friendly interface displays the overall number of files/bytes as well as the number of files/bytes copied.
- You should be able to choose whether or not to skip all empty directories.
Also Read: 5 Best IP Address Hider App for Android
22. Iman File Copier
Iman File Copier is a useful piece of software that lets you easily manage and copy files from one location to another.
- It may also be used to copy standard files.
- For the copying procedure, you may add numerous files at the same time. To begin the operation, pick the target directory and click the Copy button.
- You may also choose the buffer size for the file copying procedure.
- There is no need to install the program.
- At the bottom, a progress bar displays the number of bytes completed and the overall file size.
- It easily starts up with a simple user interface that includes all of the icons at your fingertips.
- Its primary function is to copy data from CDs or DVDs that Windows is unable to do by itself.
xcopy is a command that copies a large number of files or folders from one location to another when executed in Command Prompt.
- This command is available in all Windows operating systems viz Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Windows 98.
- It’s a lightweight and easy-to-use application.
- Copy From and Copy To are the two panes on the right.
- It’s capable of copying entire folders.
24. File Copy
File Copy is a small and portable software program that allows you to copy data from one directory to another with ease.
- It doesn’t need to be installed.
- Just drag and drop the executable file anywhere on your hard drive to start the software with a single click.
- It accelerates the copying process. After selecting the source file and destination folder, click the Go button to begin the operation.
- A confirmation message is displayed informing whether or not the activity was successfully completed.
The only disadvantage is that it allows you to copy only one file at a time.
SchizoCopy is a Microsoft Windows software tool that allows you to move or copy computer data.
- It is a free program for quickly copying big amounts of data.
- It is simple to copy or move data files from one folder to another.
- It is quicker and offers more features than the basic copy operations in Windows.
- It offers a one-of-a-kind Backup support option in case of an unplanned shutdown or system departure.
- It supports Drag and Drop feature like most others on this list.
Also Read: How to Play OGG Files on Windows 10
Ycopy is a free Windows copy application with the following noteworthy features:
- It helps you save time by speeding up the copying process.
- It has the ability to skip files that cannot be duplicated.
- The copying operation can also be paused and resumed.
- The files that could not be copied are compiled into a printed report.
To begin the operation, just pick the source and destination folders and then click the Start Copy button. Simple, isn’t it?
QCopy is a network file copier that helps users copy data to and from network locations.
- It is a free and simple file copying application for Windows.
- It’s a small-sized software which allows you to copy the contents of files and folders to the appropriate destination.
- By dragging and dropping files or folders onto the main screen, you may add them to the main screen.
- The queue can be saved or loaded for subsequent use.
- You may also copy files from numerous sites at the same time.
- At any moment, you may pause and continue the process, skip files, or store the queue for subsequent transfer as well.
28. Fast Copy Paste
Fast Copy Paste tool is a useful tool to copy and paste the files of your choice to the exact location of your preference. Let’s take a look at a few prominent features of this app:
- It’s minimalist interface allows you to be specific with your files and destination.
- It works best with all Windows versions.
- As per user reviews, it functions with flawless performance in transferring data.
- You can complete the copy tasks with just a few clicks.
- It is a portable program with no hassle of installation steps.
- It does not leave any traces in the Windows registry.
- Additionally, it is easy to copy it on USB devices and take it with you anywhere.
- Fix Zoom Audio Not Working Windows 10
- Best Cell Phone Tracking App
- How to Copy and Paste in PuTTY
- Copy Paste not working on Windows 10? 8 Ways to Fix it!
To conclude the discussion, we have handpicked some of the most trusted, highly reliable & fastest file copy software for your Windows desktops & laptops. We sincerely hope that this article helped you in your search for the best file copy software for Windows. Let us know what you want to learn about next.