Are you a game addict, and is your game addiction so much that you might be searching for a device that lets you play games alone? Android games have gained so much popularity, and the list of best Android portable game console has continued to expand ever since. Several factors contribute to deciding on a particular device as best Android gaming console from the choices available in the market. This article has a list that comprises best Android game consoles depending on various associated factors.
20 Best Android Gaming Consoles
Before purchasing any Android game console, there are a few factors that have to be considered. You can check the specifications of each console and decide on best console that suits your need.
- Chipset of the Game console: The chipset that the game console utilizes that allows you to access different game console functions needs to have a good working performance.
- Graphic support provided: Since game consoles are used primarily for playing games, the graphics support provided by the device is of prime importance. An Android game console that would support both the basic in-built and third-party games has to be chosen for playing games.
- Display and screen quality: The game consoles have to be user-friendly that can aid you in providing an excellent display picture quality and screen resolution for the gaming experience.
- Audio output from the game console: Since stunning visuals and enhanced audio output power the gaming experience, you need to have a game console that provides good audio. The specifications of the audio output, using the in-built speaker or a headset, need to be noted for choosing a game console.
- RAM and storage space availability: If you are trying to buy an Android game console exclusively dedicated to playing games, you would need to take the RAM and storage space available as the main factor. The device’s RAM needs to be large enough to support the games you like to download and play the games without any interruption and lag.
- Battery performance and its life span: The battery performance delivered by the Android gaming console decides the amount of time you can spend on a particular game. Also, the battery’s life span needs to be long enough to support the games and other functions on the game console.
- Size and ease of its portability: The size of the game console needs to be large enough to support the required functions and small enough to be transportable. Since you are looking for a portable Android gaming console, easy portability or mobility should be provided by the gaming console.
- Brand of the game console: The brand of the manufacturing company of the Android game console needs to be well-known and be a trusted and established brand. Another advantage of using a game console of a trusted brand is that you can easily repair and address the device’s issues to the manufacturer.
- Cost: The game console price needs to be affordable to be best gaming console. To be more specific, the game console’s price needs to be acceptable compared to the benefits the game console offers.
- Other functionalities: In addition to the basic factors that need to be considered for buying a game console, you need to consider the additional functionalities offered by the game console, such as tether or dock connections. If the game console can be used for other purposes than just playing games, it would be the most suitable device.
Also Read: How to Deactivate Primary PS4 Console
The following list of gaming consoles is categorized based on the manufacturer’s brand and functionality, which can help you decide on best Android gaming console.
1. NVIDIA Shield
NVIDIA is a GPU manufacturer and is well-known for PC games, and the features of the NVIDIA Shield gaming console are listed below:
- The NVIDIA Shield Android game console provides picture quality of 4K and is supported by an NVIDIA Tegra 4 processor.
- The display size of the console is 5 inches with an LCD and runs on Android KitKat.
- The streaming quality provided by the console is ultra-HD and is more like a media hub with a lot of content to offer.
- The media allows you to stream Netflix TV shows, PC games, and Android games on this single game console.
- The game console controller provides a great level of precision control similar to that of the Xbox and the PlayStation.
- The game console is very cheap contrary to the features it offers.
2. Fire TV Game Console
The Fire TV game Console is a product from Amazon and is also known as the Amazon Fire TV gaming edition. The features of the console are listed below:
- The size of the game console is very thin, and the design is slim and sleek, making it a perfect choice for handy and comfortable game consoles.
- The game controller components include a Game controller, a 32 GB micro SD card, and two free games.
- In addition to the two free games that come pre-installed on the console, there are over 1200 games on the Amazon App store, providing no shortage of games to play.
- The main advantages of using this game console are that the game console setup is very easy, and the price is very affordable.
- The game console is suited for HDTV, and you can easily use the device to play games in HD quality.
- If you own many game consoles, you can use the Fire TV game console to keep the TV area clutter-free owing to its small size.
- The Android game console is inspired by the Xbox 360, providing you with a similar experience to using the Xbox game console.
The following game consoles are produced by Mad Catz, which one might be best Android game consoles you are looking for.
Also Read: 22 Best SNES ROM Hacks
3. MOJO Micro Console
The MOJO Micro Console, as the name suggests, is a small and handy game console created by Mad Catz and has the following significant features:
- Though the size of the console is minimal, users feel very comfortable holding the console.
- The game console is an open platform that gives you access to any games or apps from the NVIDIA TegraZone and Google Play app stores.
- The notable aspect of using this game console is that you do not need to purchase the games you have already purchased on any other device. You can log in to the same Google Play account using your credentials and use the games you already own on this console.
- The controller is inspired by the Xbox 360 one, thus providing you with the ease of using the device.
- This game console can also be used as a TV box that lets you convert the regular LCD or LED TV to a Smart TV.
4. Mad Catz Android Gaming console
The Mad Catz Android gaming console is a device that supports both game and media files and has the following features:
- The picture quality supported by the console is ultra HD with 4K resolution.
- Using the single console, you have options to surf the web using a Wi-Fi connection, stream videos on the console, and listen to music.
- The gaming console has a slot for a micro SD card, and newly purchased consoles come with a micro SD card of 16 GB storage.
- The console receives regular and programmed wireless updates that allow you to use newly introduced games on the updated device.
- An additional feature is that you can root the Android console just like any Android device for further functional improvements.
- Rooting your phone allows you to introduce custom ROMs, and you can extend the regular access in your Google Play.
The following game consoles are categorized under the JXD brand and have a processor to support the games and a fine interface to work on, which might be best Android gaming console on the list.
Also Read: How to Map Controller to Keyboard
5. JXD S7800B
The JXD S7800B is supported by an A9 quad-core 1.8 GHz Cortex processor that provides you with good speed.
- The game console has an IPS display with a display size of 7-inch.
- The storage capacity of the game console includes an 8 GB ROM and 2 GB RAM.
- The features of this console have dual joysticks, dual LR buttons, dual speakers, and 12 kinds of speculators, and it includes Android Jelly Bean.
6. JXD S192K Singularity
The JXD S192K Singularity is an ideal gaming device if you are looking for one with good customer support.
- The screen size of the console is nearly 7-inch IPS screen with a display screen size of 1920 × 1200 px.
- The device lets you explore more games, from regular Android and PC games to PSP, PlayStation, and NDS games.
- The battery in the console can support a longer duration than regular consoles as the battery has 10000 mAh power.
Also Read: Top 32 Best Safe ROM Sites
7. Sony Android Gaming Console
The Sony Android gaming console is an extraordinary choice if you are looking for a console mainly suited for the PS Vita, as it supports the PlayStation.
- This is a console with a lot of games as this gaming console has numerous options to build a massive game library.
- The device includes a built-in amp to allow you to enjoy the vocal highlights of the games and provides higher differentiation than other gaming consoles.
- The games included in the library have a collection of RPGs, fierce, fighting, and non-mainstream games, and also consists of a vast collection of PSP hand-held games and PlayStation One-retro games.
- Another added advantage of using the console is that you can use Skype to connect with your audience while playing the games, and you are not required to have a headset connected for streaming.
- The game console price is quite expensive, and you need to purchase a costly memory card for it to function.
The following game consoles are Android hand-held devices that look like a tablet but provide the functionalities to be considered best Android gaming console.
8. Snapdragon G3x
The Snapdragon G3x is a hand-held gaming device similar to a game console powered by the new chipset announced by Qualcomm for hand-held gaming devices.
- The GPU of this game console has 5G-enabled connectivity that lets you stream the games to external screens with immersive audio capabilities.
- The features of this game console include a native display output with a 6.65-inch OLED display and full HD+ resolution.
- It supports active cooling operating at 120 Hz and a GPU driver that receives regular updates for better performance.
- Additionally, it has special features like mmWave5G connectivity, supports pictures with 144 frames per second, and a 10-bit HDR display.
- You can tether or connect the device to an AR or VR viewer using a USB-C for a multiscreen view of the games.
- The device has a built-in webcam with 1080p with 2 microphones that allow you to livestream the games to your audience.
- The gamer can pinpoint the opponent aurally using the sound technology that provides optimized quality, latency, and robustness.
- Additionally, you can pair the device with Snapdragon sound-enabled earbuds to have uninterrupted and lag-free wireless audio.
- The Razer developer-kit of the game console can map physical controls to touch inputs.
- The platform offers you the options to run all Android games, play content from cloud gaming libraries, and stream games from a PC or other gaming consoles.
Also Read: 9 Best City Building Games for Android
9. NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1
The NVIDIA Shield Tablet K1 can be considered a comprehensive device with both a game console and a display TV and has the following features:
- The tablet’s processor is NVIDIA, which is very powerful and has the novel 192 core NVIDIA Kepler GPU and is powered by NVIDIA Tegra K1 mobile processor.
- The tablet’s storage is expandable storage of up to 128 GB in a micro SD card in the slot provided.
- The device includes an 8-inch display and a pair of front-facing stereo speakers, giving the player a good interface view and sound experience.
- The tablet has astounding graphics, video, and audio and lets you access the NVIDIA GRID gaming services that let you stream PC and Android games.
- The picture quality of the tablet is full HD with a resolution of 1080p, providing uninterrupted streaming.
- The tablet can be easily paired with any other NVIDIA controller and connected to your TV, thus giving you two options for steaming the games.
- Along with the game console that runs on the latest Android Lollipop, you have the option to purchase an NVIDIA Shield Controller for further enhancements.
10. Wikipad 7-inch Gaming Tablet
The Wikipad 7-inch gaming tablet can be considered one of best for the significant features that are listed below:
- It is supported by the quad-core 1.3 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 3 processor and runs on Android Jelly Bean.
- The tablet’s storage capacity is 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage that lets you download numerous games.
The following list consists of hand-held gaming devices as best Android portable game consoles and commonly called the Nintendo Switch.
Also Read: 13 Best PS2 Emulator for Android
11. Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch is a portable Android hand-held device of size 9.4 × 4.0 × 0.6 inches with a weight of 14.1 ounces.
- The hybrid design of the game console has a built-in multiplayer that offers you a great game selection.
- The hybrid console offers streaming of the games in two ways: connecting it to a TV by plugging the switch into a dock and using a standard controller. The other way is to attach the Joy-Con controllers to either side of the switch and use it as a hand-held device.
- The game library has games of Nintendo titles such as The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, and Animal Crossing New Horizons.
- Using this game console, you can change the districts in the Settings and explore new areas you haven’t checked in the game.
- To back up your saves on each game, you must have a paid subscription to the convoluted Nintendo Switch Online service.
- The battery of the game console can last up to 9 hours, which is very less than other game consoles.
12. Nintendo Switch OLED
The Nintendo Switch OLED is a portable Android hand-held device of size 9.4 × 4.0 × 0.6 inches with a weight of 14.9 ounces.
- The Nintendo Switch OLED is similar to the Nintendo Switch game console with slight modifications. So, if you are planning to buy a new one, you can opt for the Nintendo switch OLED device.
- The display is a 7-inch OLED screen with improved speakers and a dock with a built-in Ethernet port for connections.
- It has small portable features, SSD storage, and 4K support.
- The added advantage of using the device is the game library that includes the latest Mario, Metroid, and Zelda games.
Also Read: 20+ Hidden Google Games You Need to Play
13. Nintendo Switch Lite
The Nintendo Switch Lite is a portable Android hand-held device of size 8.2 × 3.6 × 0.6 inches with a weight of 9.8 ounces.
- The lightweight design of the game console makes it easier for transportation purposes, and the design is made to give a gorgeous appeal.
- The size is very small compared to the other models, which can be accounted for about two-thirds of the size of the regular Switch consoles.
- The screen is big and colorful and provides a comfortable control scheme.
- The game library has access to Nintendo’s incredible first-party and third-party games that allow you to play games like Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Doom, Bayonetta, and Assassin’s Creed.
- However, the battery is smaller than the first version of the Nintendo products, which is 7 hours and provides minimal playtime.
- The next disadvantage of the game console is that you cannot connect the device to your TV, and it lacks detachable Joy-Cons.
- Another drawback of the device is that it is much harder to facilitate impromptu multiplayer sessions using this device.
- Also, you cannot transfer saved data from the Nintendo Switch Lite to regular Nintendo Switches.
14. New Nintendo 2DS XL
The New Nintendo 2DS XL is a game console of size 6.3 × 3.4 × 0.9 inches with a weight of 9.2 ounces.
- The game console design is a sturdy clamshell that allows you to fit the device in a pocket and has two large colorful screens that give you the option to select a second screen.
- The device has an excellent game library for you to choose from the default games, including The Legend of Zelda, Mario, and Animal Crossing.
- In addition to these, there are third-party games like Square Enix, Atlus, and Capcom. These games have some of best portable installments on the 2DS systems.
- The game console is only limited to pre-designed games and would have no new games added to the device.
- The battery life is only 7 hours which is less than the other game consoles.
- The device is hard to find in the market, and you may not be able to find the game console easily.
Below we have shown a few functional GamePad from which you can choose best Android gaming console.
Also Read: 26 Best Tycoon Games on Roblox
15. Archos GamePad
The Archos GamePad has a display size of 7 inches with a clear IPS LCD and has the following features:
- The screen resolution is 1280 × 800, and it runs on an Android Jelly Bean.
- The size of the game console is very thin, sleek, and has a stylish appeal.
- The console’s internal storage is about 8 GB, allowing you to store a good number of games.
16. LANRUO GPD XD
The LANRUO GPD XD is a GamePad Device of the XD version that is well-known for its effectiveness.
- The screen display is a 5-inch Hitachi H-IPS suited for all games with heavy graphics.
- The screen resolution is nearly 1280 × 720 px with an aspect ratio of 16:9.
- The display aims to provide a better appearance, faster response, and brilliant shading for all the games.
- The reflection between the glass cabinet and the glass layer of the console is reduced, making the screen even cleaner and easier to use.
- Additional features that make the screen have a better appeal are the capacitive multi-contact screen and full coverage of the display pictures.
- The built-in key mapping allows you to connect the ethical keys with the item keys which helps you with the keymapping feature.
- Also, a supporting substance key controls more than 1800 giant Android games on this console.
- The games that can be supported by this device are nearly 32 GB of storage, and you can expect a decent speed while steaming the games.
- The device’s size may be similar to an Android phone in terms of its length. Still, it is thicker than other gaming consoles, which account for about twice the thickness of a regular Smartphone.
- The device has a screen for viewing the games, and the buttons are placed in another palette, making the entire console a flip-type model.
- This hand-held Android gaming device has a Vulkan Engine support for remarkable execution steps in the supported games and emulators.
17. Goglor GPD Android Console
Goglor GPD Android gaming console is supported by an Android 7.0 processor and is considered one of the best for the listed features:
- The shell design of the console is made of harmless ABS material and feels fragile.
- The console’s appeal is given importance to the impeccable lines and excellent workmanship.
- The picture quality of the streaming is high-quality and provides a lively sound field while streaming games.
- The device would help stream games, connect to a Wi-Fi network to download games, listen to music, watch videos, and purchase games from the app stores.
- The console has a double rocker key arrangement on the left and right sides, which is highly useful for various game activities in every game.
If you are looking for best Android gaming console that can offer fair features without quoting a high price, you can look at the list of gaming devices provided below.
18. Emtec Android Gaming Console
The Emtec Android Gaming console is known for its portability as the size of the game console is very small.
- You can access the games and applications in every app store, including the Google Play and NVIDIA TegraZone stores.
- You can use your existing Google Play account credentials to use the games you have already purchased and need not repurchase the games like the MOJO Micro Console.
Also Read: How to Hack the Chrome Dinosaur Game
19. Ouya Anthracite
The Ouya Anthracite is the second version of the gaming consoles released by the Ouya and consists of the following features:
- The processor of the game console is NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core giving the console a fairly powerful processor to function.
- The storage is 1 GB RAM which is comparatively lower than the storage capacity of other consoles.
- The game console is the cheapest, and you can buy this console if you are looking for a game console that can be used for a short span.
- This game console is best suited if you are looking for a better game console than Android phones, making this device suitable for kids.
20. Asus ROG Phone 5
The Asus ROG Phone 5 is an Android game console of size 6.1 × 2.7 × 0.4 inches with a weight of 8.39 ounces.
- The device delivers super performance with a large screen that provides a beautiful AMOLED display with a 144 Hz refresh rate.
- You can download the games from the Google Play Store and Google Stadia.
- It provides you dual options to play games, including The Crossy Road and The Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
- You can play the console and PC games anywhere with a strong Wi-Fi or data connection.
- The battery life is 12 hours which is higher than the average battery life of game consoles which allows you to play both casual hand-held titles and games that require you to be on the seat for long hours.
- You can also tether a controller to the game console to play the games that would run for long hours.
- In addition to the app stores, you can access various cloud gaming services like NVIDIA GeForce Now and Xbox Cloud Gaming.
- The night mode of this device may not give a good performance, and you may not have the same experience as using the bright mode.
- The device is bulky and heavy, so it is not the first choice if you want a game console with portability as the main feature.
Also Read: The 150 Best Online Flash Games
Advantages of Android Game Console
The advantages of using an Android game console instead of any other Android device for streaming games are listed below:
- Extra buttons: The game consoles have extra buttons that help you play the games by making the device control easier. Though the Smartphones have the touch feature to enable you with the play functions, the sensitive touch of the Android phones can misguide your movements in the game.
- Uncompromised battery life: Most Android devices are used for various purposes, and using them for playing games can make the battery underperform. The Android gaming console is a device exclusively dedicated to gaming purposes, so you do not have to worry about the device’s battery life.
- Higher frame rate: You may experience some lags while using any Android phone to play games; the game console provides you uninterrupted streaming for playing as the games are played at a higher frame rate on your device.
- Maximum graphical fidelity: The games require you to have gaming devices that support a good graphic interface. The Android phones have lesser visual fidelity than the Android game consoles to support the games.
- Fix NVIDIA Container High CPU Usage on Windows 10
- 16 Best Recovery App for Android
- 9 Best Video Doorbell Compatible With Google Home
- Fix Dragon Age Inquisition Crash to Desktop Windows 10
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned about best Android game consoles in the market, considering the functionality offered by the device. You can choose best Android gaming consoles by considering all the specifications in each game console to decide best Android portable game console. If you would like to raise a query on this topic, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.