If you connect the controller to a PC, it gets automatically detected. Also, the buttons will be preconfigured and detected by Windows 10 so that it does not require mapping the keys again. Sometimes, this configuration may not work for a few games. Therefore, you can use a controller to keyboard mapper setting to assign the controller to the keyboard. This article will help you to map controller to keyboard.
How to Map Controller to Keyboard
You can find the function of each key on the controller in the game settings. Many gamers love playing games with keyboard controls. Playing with the controller for a more extended session would be difficult. Here is a few info regarding mapping controller to keyboard.
- Xbox controller and PS4 controller can be mapped to keyboard keys.
- You can reassign the controls for multiple controllers by connecting them one by one.
Reassigning or remapping the controller to the keyboard keys might be time-consuming, and also, it may take time to get handy with the controls. If the configuration is made perfectly, then it is easy to access in all games. You can easily remap controller buttons PC by following any of the methods below.
Method 1: Through Steam
You can map controller to keyboard for all the games using the Steam app. However, this setting will only work for the games within the Steam client on your app. Follow the steps below to remap controller buttons PC using Steam app.
1. Press the Windows key, type steam, and click on Run as administrator.
2. Click on the Steam option in the top left corner as highlighted in the pic below.
3. Then, select Settings in the drop-down menu.
4. Click on Controller in the left pane.
5. Here, click the GUIDE BUTTON CHORD CONFIGURATION option.
Note: You need your controller connected to your computer before going ahead to map controller to keyboard.
6. In the new window, select the different groups of controls that you would like to map.
7. Click the button. Now, select the key with which you want to map it.
8. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 to remap for all the controls.
9. Press the Y button on the controller or click on Export Config to save this control configuration.
10. Click on Personal from the left tab and select Save new personal binding
11. Give the configuration a name and click on Save.
12. To apply the configuration, click on Browse Configs.
13. Select Personal from the left pane and choose the configuration you have saved.
14. Now, press X on the controller or click Apply Configuration.
Method 2: Use AntiMicro App
AntiMicro is a controller to keyboard mapper. This tool is better when you use multiple controller types and settings. Using this tool, you can remap controller buttons PC for each game. So, follow the given steps to map controller to keyboard using AntiMicro.
1. Download AntiMicro from Github and install it.
2. Connect your controller to your PC and launch the AntiMicro app.
3. Press the button on the controller. The button will be highlighted on the screen.
4. Now, click on that highlighted button.
5. Select the key on the keyboard to map.
6. Repeat Steps 4–6 to assign keys to all controls.
7. Click Save at the top.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can we change the sensitivity of the mouse buttons using AntiMicro?
Ans. Yes, you can adjust the sensitivity of mouse controls using AntiMicro. Select the Mouse tab under the Keyboard and then Mouse settings. Here, you can select the desired level of sensitivity and save the configuration.
Q2. How can I remap the Xbox controller buttons on Windows 10?
Ans. You can remap the Xbox controller to keyboard keys using Steam and AntiMicro apps. Also, you can remap using Xbox Accessories app.
Q3. What are the alternatives to AntiMicro available for Windows 10?
Q4. What is known as WASD control?
Ans. Many right-handed gamers use WASD keyboard control for movement. This is preferred as they can easily aim using their right hand and move using their left hand. WASD is a set of four keys on the left side of the keyboard. Up, left, down, and right directions are represented by W, A, S, and D keys, respectively.
- Fix 0xa00f4244 No Cameras Are Attached Error
- How to Watch Impractical Jokers on Netflix
- Fix Ubisoft Connect Not Working
- How to Fix Windows Key Disabled
We hope this guide would have helped you to map controller to keyboard and now you can play games without a controller too. You might also like our list of Top 10 Best App Controlled Christmas Tree Lights. You can reach out to us if you have any suggestions or feedback regarding this article using the comment section.