Instagram is one of the top social media platforms used all over the globe. Several users spend lots of their time scrolling and watching reels on Instagram, but some of us are also concerned about the safety of our private uploaded data, such as posts, pictures, and stories. The solution to your problem is using an anonymous Instagram account or a fake Instagram account. Many users use these fake accounts to protect their privacy. Also, if you want to know how to grow anonymous Instagram account, stay tuned till the end! We are bringing you a helpful guide that will teach you how to make and use Instagram burner account.
- How to Make Anonymous Instagram Account
- What Does Anonymous Mean on Instagram?
- Is It Possible to Have an Anonymous Instagram Account?
- Can You View Anonymous Instagram Account?
- Can You View Insta Story Anonymously?
- Can You Have an Anonymous Instagram Account?
- How to Make Anonymous Instagram Account?
- How to Grow an Anonymous Instagram Account?
- What is a Secret Instagram Account Called?
- Can You Use a Fake Name on Instagram?
- Can a Fake Instagram Account be Traced?
- How Do You Make an Instagram Burner Account?
How to Make Anonymous Instagram Account
You can make an anonymous account by switching to a private account or creating a fake account on Instagram. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Anonymous stands for a person or thing whose name is not known or made public. Similar to an anonymous Instagram account, accounts linked to no personal data, such as email and mobile number, are known as anonymous accounts. These accounts don’t have any information related to their owner, and a burner number or fake email is used to make these accounts.
Yes, it is possible to have an anonymous Instagram account. Many users who are concerned about their data security make an anonymous Instagram account. There are many ways to make an anonymous Instagram account, as you will learn them further in this article.
No. Anonymous accounts are mostly private, which means the account owner’s data such as name, email, or profile picture are not displayed publicly. You can view the username of an anonymous Instagram account which is also primarily fake. So, it is impossible to get any information about an anonymous Instagram account.
Possibly yes, you can view the Insta story anonymously without letting the user know it. The ways to anonymously view someone’s story are listed below:
- Use an anonymous Instagram account.
- Instagram preloads multiple stories automatically to get a rapid story viewing experience, even when you don’t have a dependable Wi-Fi or data connection. You can turn on Airplane mode on your mobile and view Instagram preloaded story without notifying the poster of that story. Also, remember you can only watch a few preloaded stories, not all.
- You can use a third-party app or website, such as InstaStories. This site only works for public accounts which somehow can’t be accessed at the moment.
Also Read: How to Find Contacts on Instagram
Can You Have an Anonymous Instagram Account?
Yes, you can create and own an anonymous Instagram account.
If you are someone who uses Instagram and is also concerned about data security, then using an anonymous Instagram account is the best option. Some of the methods to make an anonymous Instagram account are listed below:
Method 1: Turn On Private Account Mode
Instagram has a feature of switching your account private. If your account is private, only your followers can see all the posts, stories, and updates you upload on your Instagram account. This method doesn’t hassle making an anonymous account and shows your uploaded data to the users you approve. To make your Instagram account private, follow these instructions:
1. Open Instagram on your device and tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Then, tap on the hamburger icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on the Settings option.
4. Then, tap on the Privacy option.
5. Turn on the toggle for the Private account option.
6. Then, tap on the Switch to Private option to confirm.
Method 2: Create Fake Instagram Account
Fake Instagram accounts are also Finsta and are commonly used by any user to use Instagram without thinking about data privacy securely. The steps to create a fake or anonymous Instagram account are:
1. Launch the Instagram app on your device.
2. Tap on profile icon > hamburger icon.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Swipe down and tap on Add or switch accounts.
5. Tap on Add account, as shown.
6. Tap on Create new account.
7. Enter a Username and tap on Next.
8. Then, enter a Password and tap on Next.
9. Tap on Add new phone or email.
10. Now, enter your Phone or Email ID and tap on Next.
Note: Use a dummy email address and phone number for your contact information. Else, your information from your previous account will be restored by Instagram.
11. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete creating your account successfully.
After creating a fake account, ensure you don’t connect this account with any other social media or your phone’s contact list. This will prevent users with your Facebook account and mobile number from finding you on Instagram.
It is necessary for anonymous Instagram accounts to have some followers so that accounts become less suspicious. Some points that need to be kept in mind to grow anonymous Instagram account organically are:
- Post more, and according to Instagram’s algorithm, posts that appear to be from friends or family appear on top of the feed and upload high-quality content.
- Regularly post reels, stories, and posts to keep your followers engaged.
This is how you can grow an anonymous Instagram account.
A secret Instagram account is also known as a fake Instagram account, which is briefly known as Finsta.
Yes, you can use a fake username on Instagram because Instagram doesn’t run any checks on your username. Also, Instagram has a feature for changing usernames.
Yes. Fake accounts usually are registered through dummy emails and mobile numbers. With lots of tools and technology available, it is difficult but possible to trace a fake Instagram account. To learn more about it, read our guide on How to Find Out Who Made a Fake Instagram Account.
Also Read: How to Watch Instagram Live Anonymously
An Instagram burner account is the same as the fake Instagram account, Finsta, and an anonymous Instagram account. The steps to make Instagram burner accounts are:
1. Open the Instagram app.
2. Tap on profile icon > hamburger icon > Settings.
3. Swipe down and tap on Add or switch accounts.
4. Tap on Add account > Create new account.
5. Enter a desired username and password and tap on Next.
6. Tap on Add new phone or email.
7. Now, enter your dummy phone and Email ID.
8. Follow the on-screen prompts to create an Instagram burner account.
- How to Find Your Contacts on TikTok
- What Happens When You Restrict Someone on Instagram?
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
- Top 20 Best Free Anonymous Chat Apps
We hope this guide was helpful and that you were able to understand how an anonymous Instagram account works and how to make a fake Instagram account. Also, if you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to share them with us. Also, let us know what you want to learn next in the comments section below.