Instagram is one of the hottest social media platforms, and its popularity is sky-rocketing with every passing day. People of different age groups and from all walks of life make effective use of this application to express themselves creatively and use its potential to develop flourishing businesses as well. The application is renowned for its extremely user-friendly interface and clean layout, making it a breeze to access all of its features. Users can follow their acquaintances, friends, and family to stay updated with each other’s lives always. Almost all leading brands, including news pages, entertainment pages, celebrities such as movie stars, sports personalities, and basically anyone with a good follower count, has an account on Instagram. They make use of it to stay connected with their fans and well-wishers. Important business ventures also make sure that they have a solid social media presence and invest in the benefits Instagram has to offer.
Now that we have seen the kind of potential Instagram has let us also take a look at the multiple features that are present in the application. Users can generally share several forms of media that include images, videos, IGTV, reels, and so on. All of these are typically shared on one’s profile directly. The user’s feed will feature all of these media in a permanent manner unless the user chooses to archive or delete the particular post.
However, sometimes we will be faced with the need to post something on our profile for a temporary span of time. For example, you might want to wish your friends or acquaintances for their birthday. Or you might want to make a brief announcement regarding some event in the near future. All of these instances call for a temporary way in which we can connect with our followers and inform them in a detailed and specific way. Posting a picture or a video on your feed will be unnecessary for this purpose as it will lose relevance soon after. Instagram’s Story feature will be the best option to help the user with this issue. It is a unique feature that enables the user to post short, disappearing forms of media that will expire from your profile after a duration of 24 hours. The user can view everyone’s stories at the top of their feed.
In 2017, Instagram rolled out another new feature called ‘Highlights.’ This enabled users to display their most important stories on their profile permanently. Similar types of stories can be grouped according to category and specifically named. Users can also add customized covers for their highlights. This will help you to segregate your stories based upon their importance and your preferences and make it easier for you to decide which stories should stay on your profile and which stories will cease to be relevant after their expiry.
However, there are some interesting features in ‘Instagram Stories’ that most users of the platform are not aware of. One of them is knowing how to add multiple photos to the Instagram story. This is a relatively simple and really effective aspect that is available. It is highly recommended that all users make optimum use of this feature as it has numerous benefits. Let us see how to add multiple photos to one Instagram story.
Table of Contents
How To Add Multiple Photos To One Instagram Story
Let us look at some of the most frequently asked questions with regard to this topic and see how to put multiple pictures on Instagram story.
How many stories can be added on Instagram?
This is another fact that is unknown to most people on Instagram. Instagram allows a user to share 100 stories in a 24-hour time span. It is a really huge number and offers a lot of scopes. However, it is also crucial that we do not spam unnecessarily on our Stories using this feature. This is where the ability to add multiple photos to one Instagram story can come in handy.
How to add multiple pictures to Instagram stories at once?
It is essential to be aware of the steps involved in posting several pictures/videos at once in your stories, as it can save a lot of unnecessary time wastage. Apart from learning how to put multiple pictures on the Instagram story, this method is also really crucial, and it will definitely help the user if they are well-versed in this.
1. Open Instagram and tap on the ‘Your Story’ option that is located at the top of your feed on the left side.
2. Upon tapping it, another tab will open. Here you will find two options that state Add To Your Story and Edit Close Friends List. Tap on the former option to proceed further.
3. Now, press on the Gallery icon at the bottom-left of the screen to open your camera roll and select the required media.
4. This will open the Gallery of your device. You will find an icon on the right side of the page that is the symbol for multiple pictures. Tap on it to open the images section.
5. Next, select the pictures that you wish to add to your story.
6. After the selection process, tap on the Next button to view a preview of the individual stories that will go on your profile.
7. Now, you will view two options, which are Your Story and Close Friends. Select the option through wish you want to share your stories and press on the Share button next to it.
By following these steps, you can easily share multiple stories at the same time without having to do the same actions repeatedly for every individual story.
Also Read: How To View A Private Instagram Account
Why should you put multiple Pictures in one story?
Another common query that will arise is why you should add multiple pictures together instead of posting separate stories. One of the main reasons why you can opt to post numerous pictures in a single story is due to the added aesthetic aspect. When several pictures are put together in a single story, the viewers’ attention is drawn on an improved scale.
Since most viewers will get irritated due to unnecessary spamming, it is good to reduce the number of individual stories and try to incorporate as many elements as possible in a single-story without making it look sloppy or congested. The time which the viewer has to spend to look at your stories is also significantly cut down, thereby keeping them hooked on to your content without losing interest. Common statistics show that most users tend to lose interest after a mere 4-5 individual stories if they are not interesting enough. In case you have excellent content that is positioned later in your stories list, then there are high chances that the target audience never actually access it. Hence, it is vital to learn how to put multiple pictures on Instagram story.
3 Ways to Add Multiple Photos to Your Instagram Story
Method 1: Using Stickers
Let us take a look at a simple approach that works absolutely well for both iOS and Android. This solution makes use of the ‘Stickers’ option that is available in the Stories tab. This method makes your stories more engaging and interesting to look at, apart from solving the query of how to add multiple photos to an Instagram story.
1. Open the Instagram application and press on the ‘Your Story’ option that is located at the top left corner of your feed.
2. Now tap on the ‘Add To Your Story’ option that is displayed.
3. Press on the Gallery icon that is present at the bottom-left of the screen.
4. Select a picture that you wish to keep as the main picture on your story. Now press on the ‘Stickers’ option.
5. This will, in turn, open the list of stickers that Instagram has to offer. You will be able to view a symbol with a Camera on it. Tap on it.
6. Now, you can tap another picture on the spot and superpose it on the existing image that the user chose from the gallery. You can edit it however you like, by adding frames and so on.
7. You can even upload videos through this process. The user can include as many different new media upon the picture selected from the gallery earlier.
This is the first method via which you can add multiple photos to one Instagram story.
Also Read: How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working
Method 2: Using The Layout Option
This is yet another approach that works on both iOS and Android as it is a built-in setting in the Instagram stories features. You can use the Layout tool to combine multiple pictures together and post it as a single story. There is a separate Layout application as well that can be used to do the job. However, the built-in tool will suffice to do the required steps as well.
1. Open Instagram and navigate to the Stories option.
2. You will view multiple options on the left side of the ‘Story’ section. Tap on the symbol that resembles a photo collage. This is the symbol of Layout.
3. Now, you will view a grid-like format on your screen. At the bottom left of the screen, you will view a + symbol inside a blue circle. Keep tapping on it to add pictures for the layout from your camera roll. You can even tap live pictures and include them as well. The application will also indicate to the user about the remaining number of photographs that can be added further through the circle at the centre of the screen.
4. The circle will automatically get filled up, and a tick mark will appear on the button, indicating that you can add no more pictures.
You can add up to four images in a single story by following this method. We have looked at another solution for the issue of how to add multiple photos to the Instagram story.
Method 3: Using Third-Party Applications
If you wish to add multiple photos to one Instagram story, you can make use of numerous third-party applications that are available in the Play Store that include photo collage makers, etc. One specific application that we wish to talk about here is Mojo. This application is customized especially for Instagram stories. It aids the users of the platform to create aesthetic and appealing stories to make them more vivid and grab the attention of your followers.
1. Install the Mojo application on your phone from the Play Store.
2. Here, you can view a wide variety of template styles. Pick any of them and use them to enhance the quality of your stories.
3. You can use a template to put multiple pictures on Instagram story.
Apart from this, another third-party application called SwiftKey keyboard can also be used to incorporate numerous pictures into a single story.
- How To Fix Instagram Keeps Crashing
- How to See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
- How to Delete Photos in Instagram
- Does Instagram Notify When You Screenshot A Story?
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to add multiple photos to an Instagram story. There are different ways to go about it, and the user can select the method that suits their preferences the best. All of these methods are incredibly user-friendly and can be employed very conveniently.