TikTok and Instagram, the two social media giants, have been the biggest competitors of each other for quite a while, the reason being the use of short 15-second videos on both platforms. One key point for TikTok users is that they have an option to play in-app games while interacting with their followers. Even though they are competitors, people often share videos of one app on the other. Most influencers and content creators have accounts on both apps. They usually create content on one platform and repost it on the other. If you want to learn how to share TikTok video on Instagram story, stay tuned till the end. This article will guide you on how to get full TikTok on Instagram story and provide you with answers to other related questions as well.
- How to Get Full TikTok on Instagram Story
- Why Won’t My Whole TikTok Post on Instagram?
- Can I Post TikTok Videos on Instagram with Music?
- How to Share Full Tik Tok on Instagram Story?
- How to Share Full Longer Reels on Instagram Story?
- How Do You Make TikTok Videos Fit on Instagram?
- How Long Can an IG Story Be?
- How Long Can Reels Be?
- How Do You Make TikTok Put Full Length of Clips?
- How Do You Get the Whole Song on Instagram Stories?
- How to Post a TikTok on Instagram without Copyright?
- How Long is an Instagram Story?
- How to Make Tik Tok Videos on Instagram?
How to Get Full TikTok on Instagram Story
You can get full TikTok on the Instagram story either by sharing the video directly from the TikTok app on the Instagram story or by downloading and uploading it to your story on Instagram. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Why Won’t My Whole TikTok Post on Instagram?
Content creators and influencers usually develop content in one app and share it on the other to save time and energy. Since TikTok has fewer restrictions than Instagram, content is mostly produced there. Many people trying to share TikTok video on Instagram story face an error. There could be various reasons why Instagram doesn’t allow doing so:
- An individual Instagram story can be of a maximum of 15 seconds. Whereas a video longer than that and up to 60 seconds, if uploaded, will be broken down into smaller 15-second videos. TikTok videos longer than 60 seconds cannot be posted as a story on Instagram.
- Many users reported a bug disallowing users on Instagram from posting videos bigger than 15 seconds on their stories.
Can I Post TikTok Videos on Instagram with Music?
Yes, you are allowed to post TikTok videos with music on Instagram. However, there is one thing to be careful of. Never post a TikTok video having the TikTok watermark on Instagram, as the officials are taking stern actions against those who do so. Posts containing TikTok watermarks can be taken down, and the account could get suspended if too many such videos are found.
If you are a content creator or an influencer and wish to know how to get full TikTok on Instagram story, worry not. We have listed down a few methods to help you share TikTok video on Instagram story:
Option I: Through TikTok App
You can share full TikTok on Instagram with the help of the following methods:
2. Tap on the Profile icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Tap on the desired posted video from your profile you wish to share on Instagram.
4. From the bottom-right corner, tap on the three-dotted icon and tap on Share.
5. Tap on Instagram > Stories, as shown below.
Also Read: How to Search for Username on TikTok
Option II: Download TikTok Video and Post on Instagram
There is another method you can use to share full TikTok video on Instagram.
1. Open the TikTok application on your phone.
2. Tap on the Profile icon > desired posted video from your TikTok profile.
3. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the right side of your screen, as shown below.
4. Tap on the Save video option to download it.
5. Exit the TikTok application.
6. Now, launch the Instagram app on your phone.
7. From the top left corner, tap on Your story, as shown below.
8. Tap on the Gallery icon from the lower-left corner.
9. Tap on the desired video that you have downloaded from TikTok earlier to post it on Instagram.
10. Finally, tap on Share > Done to post the video on your Instagram story successfully.
Also Read: How to Put VSCO Link in Your Instagram Bio
Instagram has restrictions in place as to how long Instagram stories or videos can be:
- 15 seconds for an individual story
- 60 seconds for a full-length video on stories which will be cut into stories of 15 seconds each
- 10 minutes for Instagram videos on the feed
Any reel longer than 60 seconds cannot be posted on a story directly. To learn how to post a reel of 60 seconds on your Instagram story, take a look at the method given below:
1. Navigate to the desired Instagram reel on your Instagram app.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the right side of the screen, as depicted.
3. Tap on Link.
4. Open any browser on your phone and search for Instagram Reel Downloader.
5. Go to any of the first five websites. In this case, we have used InstaFinsta for demonstration purposes.
6. Paste the copied link into the Paste URL box and tap on Search.
7. Once loaded, tap on the Download option placed below the video.
8. Open your Instagram app again and tap on the Your story option from the top of your screen.
9. Tap on the Gallery icon located at the bottom left corner.
10. Select the downloaded reel from the listed options.
11. Then, tap on the Next option.
Note: The video will get divided into multiple parts (maximum 4 of 15 seconds each).
12. Tap on Share > Done.
Also Read: How to Adjust Sound on TikTok
How Do You Make TikTok Videos Fit on Instagram?
While asking how to get full TikTok on Instagram story, you might ask how to fit the video on Instagram. Instagram and TikTok have different requirements for posting videos. To share TikTok video on Instagram and make it fit accordingly, you will have to fulfill these requirements:
- Aspect Ratio can be 1:1 (square), 16:9 (landscape), or 4:5 (vertical).
- Resolution can be 600 × 600 (square), 600 × 315 (landscape), and 600 × 750 (vertical).
- The file size cannot be larger than 4 GB.
- The video can be 60 seconds long.
- The minimum frame rate necessary is 30 fps.
Now, let’s learn how to make TikTok videos fit for Instagram use. Follow the steps mentioned below:
1. Download and open the VITA – Video Editor & Maker app on your device.
2. Then, tap on the New Project option.
3. Select the desired video you want to resize from your camera roll.
4. Adjust the slider from the bottom of the screen and then tap on the Ratio option from the bottom bar.
5. Tap on the desired ratio, preferably 1:1, for Instagram feed videos.
6. Tap on the Done icon.
7. Then, from the top right corner, tap on Export.
You are all set now. Once the video gets downloaded, you can post it on Instagram.
How Long Can an IG Story Be?
There are two aspects to this:
- A single Instagram story can be of a maximum of 15 seconds.
- If you want to post longer videos on your story, Instagram allows you to post videos for up to 60 seconds. It will ultimately get separated into 4 clips of 15 seconds each.
How Long Can Reels Be?
A long-anticipated move from Instagram saw them extend the maximum length of Reels from 60 seconds to 90 seconds due to the fierce competition from TikTok, who had just increased their video lengths to a staggering 10 minutes.
How Do You Make TikTok Put Full Length of Clips?
TikTok initially allowed video lengths of up to 15 seconds which later increased to 3 minutes. However, TikTok users still wanted longer videos. Hence, TikTok started rolling out the 10-minute video feature. Gradually, everyone will be allowed access to this feature. To create full-length videos on TikTok, follow the steps given hereunder:
Note: The 10m option might not be visible to you because the update is being rolled out slowly. In that case, you can create videos no longer than 3 minutes.
1. Launch the TikTok application on your phone.
2. Tap on the + icon from the bottom of the TikTok app, as shown below.
3. Below the record button, tap on the Camera tab.
4. Choose the time limit of your video out of the available ones:
- 10m (if available)
How Do You Get the Whole Song on Instagram Stories?
After knowing the answer to how to get full TikTok on Instagram story, you would wonder about getting a full song on Instagram story. An individual Instagram story can be no longer than 15 seconds which restricts the duration of music that can be put up on a single story to 15 seconds too. If you are looking for a way to post a full song on your Instagram story, there is no other option but to post the whole song manually, that is, to post as many 15 seconds stories as possible until the whole song is published.
How to Post a TikTok on Instagram without Copyright?
When users save TikTok videos on their phone directly from the app, a TikTok watermark is visible at the top left corner of the video. When a video with a watermark is posted on Instagram, it usually gets a copyright strike. The strict policy of Instagram states that the content posted on the app should be unique and not spam/reposted. There are many online tools that can remove the watermark for you. Have a look at the steps underneath to learn how to remove the TikTok watermark:
1. Launch TikTok and open the desired TikTok video you want to post on Instagram.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon on the right side of your screen.
3. Tap on Copy link.
4. Navigate to the TTSave.APP website on any browser.
5. Paste the copied link in the URL field and tap on the download icon adjacent to the search box, as shown below.
6. Tap on the DOWNLOAD (WITHOUT WATERMARK) option.
The video will be saved on your device, and you can now post this video on your Instagram without any fear of violating Instagram Terms of Service.
Also Read: How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
How Long is an Instagram Story?
A single Instagram story may last a maximum of 15 seconds. But if you want to publish a longer video, Instagram permits you to do so but the clips up to 60 seconds long will be divided into four stories of 15 seconds each.
How to Make Tik Tok Videos on Instagram?
Instagram Reels feature is no different from TikTok and can be used to make videos similar to those of TikTok. In this guide, we will explain what tools can be found in Instagram Reels to give the video the same feel as a TikTok video. To learn how to create a TikTok video on Instagram, follow the below-mentioned process:
1. Launch Instagram and swipe left from the home screen of Instagram.
2. Tap on the REEL tab from the bottom of your screen, as shown below.
3. A set of tools appear on the left side. Let’s deep dive into what each one does:
- The first one on the screen is the music option, which opens a library of songs to select from when tapped. Songs are a great way to express your feelings or share any songs you love.
- The second icon represents the length of the reel being shot. It has four options: 15 seconds, 30 seconds, 60 seconds, and 90 seconds.
- The third tool is the playback speed of your video. This is the perfect tool for making slow-motion or time-lapse videos. Five options are available: .3x, .5x, 1x, 2x, and 3x.
- The fourth option provides you with multiple video layouts. Useful when combining two/three videos into one.
- The last option is the countdown timer, which is the time before the video begins. Perfect for hands-free videos. The timer can either be 3 seconds or 10 seconds long.
4. Once recorded, tap on the Preview option adjacent to the record button.
5. Tap on Next.
6. Tap on the Share option.
Note: On the Share page, you can write a caption for your reel, tag people, or add a location if you want to.
You are good to go. Your reel has been successfully posted and can be viewed by everyone (for public account) or only your followers (for private account).
- How to Log into Poshmark
- How to Search Someone on TikTok without Account
- How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok
- How to Create Instagram Reels like a Pro
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to get full TikTok on Instagram story. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.