Whether you are a new or an experienced TikTok user, you must have experienced issues with how to drag to adjust sound on TikTok, put sound in the middle of a TikTok, or even trim music on TikTok. So, if you have faced or are still facing these issues and want a quick solution about the same, read this article till the end. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will teach you every one of these things step by step. Now, let’s begin!
- How to Adjust Sound on TikTok
- How to Add Any Sound or Music to TikTok Videos?
- How Do You Control the Volume of a TikTok?
- How Do You Trim Music on TikTok?
- How Do You Adjust TikTok With Sound Sync?
- How Do You Drag to Adjust Sound on TikTok?
- Why Can’t You Adjust the Music on TikTok?
- How Do You Fix Sound Delay on TikTok?
- Why Can’t You Edit Music on TikTok?
- How Do You Use Full Sound on TikTok?
- How Do You Put Sound in the Middle of a TikTok?
- How Do You Start a Song at a Certain Point in TikTok?
- How Do You Change the Sound on a TikTok After Posting?
How to Adjust Sound on TikTok
You can adjust sound, like trim music or drag to adjust sound from the editing screen on TikTok. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding and also understand if you can really put sound in the middle of a TikTok.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device. The upcoming steps were performed on OnePlus Nord, as shown in the illustrations.
TikTok doesn’t let you use any sound or music to want in your TikTok video. It only allows you to add soundtracks available on TikTok or if it is Original. If you want to add desired sound or music to TikTok videos, you have to add your desired music or soundtrack using some third-party video editing app that lets you add soundtracks to your videos. And then, you can upload this edited video on TikTok with its original sound. Follow the below steps to add music from the TikTok library:
2. Tap on the + icon from the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap on the record icon to start recording a video and tap it again to stop it.
Note: You can also tap on Upload to choose a video from your camera roll.
4. Tap on the red tick mark icon from the bottom right corner.
5. Tap on the Sounds option to add a desired soundtrack.
6. Then, search and choose your desired music from the TikTok music library.
Also Read: How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok
Sounds and volume on TikTok are crucial in making your TikTok videos viral, as users enjoy listening to loud and clear audio. Your sound is automatically adjusted to 100% volume when you add a video to your TikTok account. Also, you can add two types of soundtracks: original sound and added sound. TikTok provides an inbuilt feature to change the volume of both original sound and added soundtracks. You can change the volume level anywhere between 0% and 200%. Here is how to adjust sound on TikTok:
1. Open the TikTok app on your device and tap on the + icon at the bottom.
2. Tap on the Upload option and select your recorded video.
3. Then, tap on Sounds from the bottom left corner.
4. Search and choose the desired sound you want from the list.
5. Then, tap on the Volume option on the right side of the screen.
6. Adjust the volume of the original and added sound accordingly.
7. Then, tap on Done.
Note: You can adjust both soundtracks by increasing or decreasing them from 0 percent to 200 percent. Set the volume slider to 0% to mute any soundtracks.
8. Then, tap on Next.
9. Add any desired caption to your video and tap on Post.
Users upload various TikTok videos, which vary in duration. Mostly, TikTok video varies from 15 sec to 60 sec. So, it is difficult for the audio and soundtracks from TikTok music would fit and sync perfectly with every video. Although a full song can’t be included in a video, the song hook can serve as a piece of excellent background music for these little TikTok videos. So, the trim feature on TikTok comes in handy to perform this operation. To trim music on TikTok, follow these steps:
1. Once you have recorded your video and are on the editing screen, tap on the Trim option.
2. Select the desired audio section you want to add to your TikTok video and tap on the tick mark icon from the top.
3. Next, tap on Done to save your changes.
With this, you will have successfully trimmed music on TikTok.
Follow the below steps on how to adjust sound on TikTok with sound sync:
1. Open TikTok app on your device.
2. Choose the desired TikTok video whose sound you want to add to your video.
3. Tap on the soundtrack, and then tap on Use this sound.
4. Select the desired video you wish to include and tap on Next.
5. Tap on Next after adjusting the video.
Note: Make sure you have selected the Sound Sync option.
6. Then, tap on Done to save your edits.
Auto Sound Sync is a rather quick and simple procedure, after which you may finish editing your video and post it to TikTok.
How Do You Drag to Adjust Sound on TikTok?
Follow the below steps to adjust sound on TikTok:
1. Open the TikTok app and record the video.
2. Now, tap on the Trim icon from the editing screen.
3. Select the desired audio section you want to add to the video.
4. Then, tap on the tick mark icon from the top.
5. Tap on Done to save your edits. Ths is how you can also trim music on TikTok.
Upon learning how to adjust sound on TikTok and implementing the steps, sometimes it might not work for you. TikTok has an inbuilt music stock with a cast variety of soundtracks, which you can easily choose for your TikTok videos. But if you want to edit music, TikTok doesn’t let you do so. TikTok lacks this capability. Users cannot adjust the music in their videos, even if they want to. But you can use a third-party video editing app, such as KineMaster, etc., to edit audio and then upload it to TikTok with the original soundtrack. With the help of this app, you can also put sound in the middle of a TikTok.
If you are experiencing any issues related to sound delay on TikTok, one of the methods below will help you fix this.
Note: Ensure you have provided TikTok with all permissions on your phone.
Method 1: Update TikTok App
Updating your TikTok app to the latest version available can help this issue.
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android device.
Note: Open App Store if you are an iOS user.
2. Search TikTok in the search bar and tap on Update .
Method 2: Use Timer Feature
Timer Feature on TikTok will delay a few seconds before the recordings start. Follow the below steps:
1. Tap on the Timer icon before starting to record.
2. Set the timer and tap on Start shooting.
Method 3: Clear TikTok App Cache
You can easily clear the TikTok app cache from your mobile settings app.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap on Apps & notifications.
3. Swipe down and tap on TikTok from the list.
4. Tap on Storage & cache.
5. Tap on Clear cache.
Method 4: Reinstall TikTok App
Follow the below steps to reinstall the TikTok app:
1. Tap-hold the TikTok app on your mobile phone menu.
2. Tap on Uninstall option.
3. Tap on Uninstall in the pop-up to confirm.
4. Open the Google Play Store app from the app drawer on your phone.
5. In the search bar, type TikTok.
6. From the search results, select the TikTok app and tap on the Install option.
7. Once the app is installed, relaunch the app and Log in to your account.
Hopefully, one of these methods will resolve your audio delay issue and you can adjust sound on TikTok without any hurdles.
Also Read: How to Get 3 Minute Videos on TikTok
TikTok has an inbuilt library of various soundtracks for your TikTok videos. But, users cannot edit their videos, even if they want to. But you can use a third-party video editing app such as CapCut, KineMaster, etc., to edit audio and then upload it to TikTok with the original soundtrack.
If you want to use a full soundtrack on TikTok audio stock library, then the video you are recording or uploading should also be as long as the sound. Then, tap Sounds to add desired sound from TikTok audio stock library.
- Using a 3-minute song—or possibly a longer one—from your local device as the TikTok audio background could take more effort than simply adding music from TikTok music stock.
- But if you want to add the full audio track for more than 1 minute, you have to use a third-party video editing app, like CapCut that lets you add soundtracks to your videos. And then, you can upload this edited video on TikTok with its original sound.
There is no way you can add or put sound in the middle of a TikTok or create your own audio by mixing two separate audio tracks using the TikTok app. If you want to add music in the middle of a TikTok, you must use third-party video editing apps, as mentioned above in this article to successfully put sound in the middle of a TikTok.
Even if you want to start a song at a certain point on TikTok, there is no such feature available on the TikTok app. If you want to add a song at any point in a video, you must use third-party video editing apps like CapCut or KineMaster.
Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do to modify or change the sound once the video has been posted and viewed by TikTok Users. To change the sound on a TikTok after posting, the first step is to delete that TikTok. Then, start with a fresh TikTok, and to ensure that you have the ideal sound. You can take your time sorting through the available sounds because there are no edits or modifications that can be made once the video has been posted.
- Fix Sling TV Down on Android
- How to Recover Hacked Musically Account
- How to Talk Over a Sound on TikTok Without Voiceover
- How to Change Snapchat Notification Sound on Android
We hope you have understood the steps for how to adjust sound on TikTok and were able to perform it successfully. You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.