TikTok is a short video-sharing platform where users can create short videos on songs, movie dialogues, or even videos giving their viewers any information. It is the most famous platform for creating lip-sync videos. Many people have built up their influencer careers through TikTok. Moreover, TikTok started allowing users to create a small 15-second long video. Then, as people started to enjoy this platform, the video length increased to 60 seconds. Currently, TikTok supports 3-minute videos. To make clips longer on TikTok or adjust clip length on TikTok, you can use the slider on the editing screen. To get the detailed steps, keep reading this article till the end.
- How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok
- What is the Average Length of TikTok Videos?
- Why Does TikTok Shorten My Clips? Why is TikTok Cutting My Clips Short?
- Can You Make Clips Longer on TikTok?
- Can You Rearrange Clips on TikTok?
- How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok? How to Make a Video Longer on TikTok?
- How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok Sound Sync?
- How to Adjust Length of Uploaded Clips on TikTok?
- How to Adjust Clip Length on TikTok From Camera Roll?
- How to Adjust Clips on TikTok With Sound?
- Why is Adjust Clips Button Missing?
How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok
You can make clips longer on TikTok by selecting the 3m option from the TikTok camera screen. Keep reading further to find the steps demonstrating the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What is the Average Length of TikTok Videos?
TikTok videos earlier supported only 15 seconds videos. But as of the current situation, TikTok videos can be made with an average time of 60-seconds for each video. TikTok is also testing the extension of TikTok videos up to 10-minutes, but this testing is going on limited user devices.
Why Does TikTok Shorten My Clips? Why is TikTok Cutting My Clips Short?
There is a single reason why TikTok is shortening your clips down, and that is the songs you use for your videos have a set time limit. For example, you cannot make a video longer than 20-seconds on the same 20 seconds of audio. If you try to do so, TikTok will cut or trim your clips for 20-seconds. If you create your own voice videos without sound, you can make your clips up to 3 minutes.
Can You Make Clips Longer on TikTok?
Yes, you can make longer clips on TikTok, but there are some conditions you need to follow them. The conditions are discussed below:
- As of now, you cannot make clips longer than 3-minutes.
- If you are using any background sound, then the length of your clip will depend on the length of the sound you are using. You cannot make videos longer than the length of the sound.
Can You Rearrange Clips on TikTok?
Yes, you can rearrange your clips on TikTok. You can press and hold on to the video clips and then drag them forward or backward on the editing screen of your TikTok video. You can also delete any clip if you want to.
How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok? How to Make a Video Longer on TikTok?
To make longer videos on TikTok, you can consider following the below steps:
Note: You cannot make videos longer than 3-minutes as of July 2022. You need to be on the latest version of TikTok, to make a 3-minutes video.
1. Launch the TikTok application on your device.
2. Tap on the + icon from the bottom of your screen, as highlighted below.
3. Then, below the record button, tap on the 3m to record videos for up to 3-minutes.
4. Tap on the record button to record your video.
Note 1: You can select your pre-recorded video by tapping on the Upload option beside the record button.
Note 2: If you are uploading a pre-recorded video and the time is set to 60 seconds, the video you select should only be 59 seconds long.
5. When finished recording, tap on the record button > tick icon.
Also Read: How to Unfollow Someone on TikTok
How to Make Clips Longer on TikTok Sound Sync?
To make longer clips on TikTok sound sync, it is important to select longer-length sounds and then create videos on them.
1. Launch the TikTok application and tap on the + icon from the bottom bar.
2. Select the maximum length from the ones shown below the record button. For instance, it would be 3m, as shown below.
Note: If your TikTok app has the 60s as the highest video length limit, it will still record the video for up to 3 minutes.
3. Tap on the record button to record your TikTok video.
4. Once the recording is done, tap on the tick icon to confirm your recording.
5. Tap on the Sounds option at the bottom left corner of the screen and choose a longer sound than your recorded TikTok video.
6. Crop the required song parts and tap on the tick icon to confirm the change.
How to Adjust Length of Uploaded Clips on TikTok?
You can consider following the below steps to adjust the length of your uploaded clips on TikTok:
1. Open TikTok and tap on the Upload option.
Note: You can also record the video by tapping on the record button.
2. Select the desired video you want to upload from your phone gallery and tap on Next.
3. Use the slider from the bottom to trim your video.
4. After adjusting the video to the desired length, tap on Save.
5. Finally, add desired caption and tap on Post or Save to device, as per your preference.
Also Read: How to Get 3 Minute Videos on TikTok
How to Adjust Clip Length on TikTok From Camera Roll?
To adjust clip length on TikTok from the camera roll, you must first upload that clip on TikTok. You can consider following the below steps for the same:
1. Tap on the Upload option on the TikTok application.
2. Choose the desired video from your camera roll and tap on Next.
3. Adjust the slider from the bottom to alter the clip length of your TikTok video and tap on Save.
Note: By default, your video would be trimmed to 60 seconds but using the slider, you can drag it up to 3-minutes.
How to Adjust Clips on TikTok With Sound?
To adjust clips on TikTok with sound, you need to trim the sound. You can consider following the below steps for the same:
1. Record your video on your phone’s camera with your voice.
2. Then, open the TikTok application on your device.
3. Tap on the + icon from the bottom of the screen.
4. Tap on the Upload option and select your recorded video.
5. Then, tap on Sounds from the bottom left corner.
6. Choose the desired sound for the video.
7. Then, tap on the Trim option on the right side of the screen.
8. Now, trim the selected sound with the help of the slider and tap on Done.
9. Then, tap on Next.
10. Further, Post the video on your TikTok profile or Save to device.
Why is Adjust Clips Button Missing?
The adjust clips button is removed for the videos taken from the camera roll by TikTok. You can instead record the video and then adjust the clip with the Adjust Clips option on the editing screen.
- How to Hack Any Game on Android
- How to Detect TikTok View Bot
- How to Remove the Red Filter on TikTok
- How to Create VLC Loop Video on Windows 10
In this article, we looked at how to make clips longer on TikTok. We hope we have solved all your questions regarding the same in this article. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.