Slow-motion videos are pretty cool and have been popular for a long time. Earlier, this slow-motion feature came only with expensive cameras and DSLR’s. But with the advances in technology, most Android phones come with an in-built slow-motion feature in their default camera app that allows you to make Videos in slow motion easily. However, there are Android phones that do not provide you with an in-built slo-mo feature. In that case, there are specific workarounds that you can use to record slow-motion Videos on any Android phone. We have come up with some ways that you can follow to record slow-motion videos on your Android device easily.
How slow-motion Videos work?
When you record a slow-motion video on your phone, the camera records the video at a higher frame rate and plays it at a slower rate. This way, the actions in the Video are slowed down, and you can see every picture in the video in slow motion.
Table of Contents
How to Record Slow-motion Videos on any Android Phone?
We are listing some third-party apps that you can use for recording slow-motion videos on your Android phone. However, if your Android phone supports a slow-motion feature, then follow the first method:
Method 1: Use the In-Built Slow-mo Feature
This method is for Android users who have the in-built slow-mo feature on their device.
1. Open the default Camera app on your device.
2. Find the Slow Motion option in the default Video camera option.
3. Tap on it and start recording the video by keeping your phone steady.
4. Finally, stop the recording, and the video will play in slow-motion.
However, not every Android phone support this in-built feature. If you don’t have an in-built feature, then you may follow the next method.
Method 2: Use Third-Party Apps
We are listing down some best third-party apps that you can use to record slow-motion videos on any Android phone:
a) Slow-Motion Video FX
One of the best apps out there to record slow-motion videos on any Android phone is ‘Slow-motion Video FX.’ This is a pretty fantastic app as it not only lets you record videos in slow motion, but you can also convert your existing videos into slow-motion videos. Interesting right? Well, you can follow these steps for using this application on your device:
1. Open the Google Play Store app and install Slow-motion Video FX on your device.
2. Launch the app on your device and tap on the ‘START SLOW MOTION‘ option from the screen.
3. You will see two options on your screen, where you can select ‘Record movie‘ for recording a slow-motion Video or tap on ‘Choose movie‘ to select an existing video from your gallery.
4. After recording or selecting an existing video, you can easily set the slow-motion speed from the bottom bar. The speed range is from 0.25 to 4.0.
5. Finally, tap on ‘Save‘ at the top-right corner of the screen to save the video in your gallery.
b) Videoshop Video Editor
Another app popular for its amazing features is the ‘Video shop-Video editor’ app that is available on the Google play store. This app has more to it than just the slow-motion feature. You can easily trim videos, add songs, create animations, and even record voice-overs. Videoshop is an all-in-one solution for recording and editing your videos. Moreover, this app’s fascinating feature is you can select the part of the video and play that specific part in slow motion.
1. Head to the Google Play Store and install ‘Videoshop-Video editor‘ on your device.
2. Open the app and select the preferred option if you want to record a video or use an existing video from your phone.
3. Now, swipe the bar at the bottom to the left and select the ‘SPEED‘ option.
4. You can easily apply the slow-motion effect by sliding the speed toggle below 1.0x.
5. If you want to apply the slow-mo effect to a specific part of the video, select the video section by dragging the yellow sticks and setting the slow-mo speed by using the slider.
Also Read: Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working
c) Slow-Motion Video Maker
As the name suggests, ‘Slow-motion Video Maker’ is an app built to record slow-motion videos on any Android phone. This app offers you a slow-motion playback speed of 0.25x and o.5x. This app provides you to record a slow-motion video on the spot, or you can use your existing video to edit it in slow motion. Moreover, you also get a reverse video mode that you can use to make your videos enjoyable. Follow these steps for using this application on your device:
1. Open the Google Play Store and download ‘Slow-motion Video Maker‘ on your phone.
2. Launch the app and tap on ‘Slow-motion Video.’
3. Select the video that you wish to edit in slow motion.
4. Now, drag the speed slider from the bottom and set the slow-mo speed for the video.
5. Finally, tap on the tick icon at the top right corner of the screen to save the video.
d) Video Speed
Another best pick on our list is the ‘Video speed’ app that you can use if you want to record slow-motion videos on your Android phone. This app offers the users a convenient yet straightforward interface where you can easily record Slow-motion Videos or use existing videos to convert them into Slow-motion Videos. You can easily use video playback speed as low as 0.25x and a higher speed of 4x. Moreover, the app allows you to easily share your Slow-mo Video to social media apps like Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and more. Follow these steps for using this application.
1. Open Google Play Store and install ‘Video Speed‘ by Andro Tech mania.
2. Launch the app on your device and tap on ‘Select Video‘ or ‘Camera‘ to record or use an existing Video.
3. Now, set the speed by using the slider at the bottom.
4. After setting the playback speed for your video, tap on the send icon at the top right corner of the screen to save the video on your device.
5. Finally, you can easily share the video to different apps such as WhatsApp, Facebook, Instagram, or more.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
Q1) How do you record a video in slow motion?
You can use the in-built slow-mo feature to record a video in slow motion if your phone supports it. However, if your device does not support any slow-motion feature, then you can use any of the third-party apps that we have listed in our guide above.
Q2) Which apps are best for making a slow-motion video?
We have listed the top apps in our guide for making slow-motion videos. You can use the following apps:
- Slow-motion Video FX
- Videoshop-Video editor
- Slow-motion Videomaker
- Video speed
Q3) How do you get a slow-motion camera on Android?
You can install Google camera or the apps that are listed in this article to record slow-motion videos on your Android phone. With the help of third-party apps, you can record videos on the app’s camera itself and change the playback speed for converting them into slow-motion videos.
- How to Fix App Not Installed Error On Android
- 10 Ways to Increase Call Volume on Android Phone
- How To Lock Or Unlock Cells In Excel?
- Fix Unable To Download Apps On Your Android Phone
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to record slow-motion videos on your Android phone. If you liked the article, then let us know in the comments below.