You might have heard about recording phone calls, but do you how to record WhatsApp voice calls and video calls. Well, when it comes to recording your normal phone calls, you can easily do it with the help of an in-built phone call recorder or by using a third-party application. However, you do not have any in-built recorder for WhatsApp calls and videos. WhatsApp is one of the most used apps in the world, you can use this platform to call, chat, and video calls your friends. There are times when you want to record WhatsApp calls and Videos, but you don’ know-how. Therefore, we are here with a guide that you can follow if you want to record your WhatsApp voice and video calls.
Table of Contents
How To Record WhatsApp Video And Voice calls
Reasons for recording WhatsApp Voice calls and videos
There are times when you are on an important WhatsApp call or video call with your Boss, and you may want to remember each and every important detail of your conversation. That is when you may require to know how to record voice or video calls on WhatsApp. Recording a normal call is pretty easy, regardless of owning an Android or an iOS phone, as you have plenty of options and features. However, WhatsApp is different, and you may want to learn how to enable WhatsApp call recording. Therefore, the main reason for recording voice or video calls is to have records that you can save for the future.
We are listing down methods that you can use if you don’t know how to record WhatsApp voice calls and video calls for both Android and iOS users.
For Android Users
If you have an Android phone, you may follow these methods to record WhatsApp voice or video calls:
Method 1: Use Cube Call Recorder for Recording WhatsApp Calls
You can easily use a third-party application called ‘Cube Call Recorder’ for recording your WhatsApp calls with your contacts. However, this application will only be compatible with Android phones that support VoIP call recording. Therefore, you can try to install and check if this application is compatible with your phone.
1. Head to the Google Play Store on your phone and search for ‘ Cube Call Recorder‘.
2. Install the application on your device.
3. Launch the application and grant permission for the application to access your storage, microphone, contacts, and phone.
4. Now, you have to enable the Accessibility Service and give permission to run the application over other apps.
5. Open WhatsApp and go to the chatbox of the contact you wish to call.
6. You will see a pink Microphone icon over your WhatsApp call. This means that the app is recording your WhatsApp call.
However, if the app does not work or if you face some error, you can enable the ‘Force-in-call mode.’ To enable the ‘Force-in-call mode,’ follow these steps:
1. Open the Cube Call Recorder on your device.
2. Tap on three horizontal lines or the Hamburger icon from the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Now, tap on ‘Recording.’
4. Scroll down and turn the toggle ON for ‘Force-in-call mode.’
Finally, you can also experiment with VoIP recording audio sources and select the best suitable option for your device. You can check for other settings as well.
Also Read: Fix WhatsApp Call Not Ringing on Android
Method 2: Use the AZ Screen Recorder app to Record WhatsApp Video Calls
If you want to record WhatsApp video calls with your contacts but don’t know how? Then you can use a third-party application called ‘AZ Screen Recorder’ to record all your WhatsApp video calls. AZ screen recorder is a pretty great app as you can also record the internal audio during your WhatsApp video call. However, the feature of recording internal audio works on compatible phones only.
1. Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for ‘AZ screen recorder‘.
2. Now, install the application on your device.
3. Launch the application on your device and grant the required permissions for the app to run over other applications.
4. Head to the Settings of the app by tapping on the Gear icon at the top right and turn the toggle On for ‘Record audio.’
5. Now, open WhatsApp and make a Video call.
6. Tap on the orange camera icon to start recording the WhatsApp video.
This is how you can easily record WhatsApp video calls on your Android phone.
For iOS Users
If you are an iPhone user, you may follow these methods if you want to record WhatsApp video calls and voice calls:
Method 1: Use Mac and iPhone to Record WhatsApp Voice Calls
You can easily record WhatsApp voice calls using both your Mac and iPhone. However, for this method, you need a second phone that supports WhatsApp group voice calls. This way, you will have your primary phone as your ‘iPhone,’ and your secondary phone will be any other phone you are choosing for recording.
1. The first step is to connect your iPhone to your Mac using a lightning cable.
2. If it is the first time you are connecting your iPhone to your Mac, select the option ‘Trust This Computer‘ from the pop-up window.
3. Now, you have to open Quick Time on your MAC.
4. Tap on New Audio Recording under File from the menu.
5. You will see a downward pointing arrow next to the record button. Tap on the downward arrow and select the iPhone option.
6. Tap on the Record button that you see on the screen in the Quick time app.
7. Make a WhatsApp call to your secondary phone using your iPhone.
8. When you connect to your secondary phone via WhatsApp call, you can add the person whose call you want to record.
9. After having the conversation, you can stop the recording on the Quick time app.
10. Finally, save the file on MAC. You can listen to the recorded call anytime.
This is how you can enable WhatsApp call recording if you are an iPhone user. However, make sure that your iPhone stays connected to your Mac throughout your conversation.
Method 2: Use the In-built Screen Recorder to Record WhatsApp Video Calls
iPhones running on iOS 11 or higher have an in-built screen recording feature that allows you to record your WhatsApp video calls.
1. Head over to the Settings on your iPhone then tap on the Control Centre.
2. Under ‘MORE CONTROLS’ tap on Screen Recording option to add it to your list of active controls.
3. Open the Control Centre and long-press the Record button to start the screen recording.
4. Finally, open WhatsApp and make a video call to record it.
However, make sure that you are enabling your microphone and your volume is up so that you can easily listen to the recording.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQ)
How do I record my screen with sound and video call?
You can easily record your screen with sound and video using a third-party application (for Android) and the in-built screen recorder (for iOS). If you are an Android user, you can use the AZ screen recorder to record your WhatsApp video call with audio. If you are an iOS user, then you may use the in-built screen recorder.
How can I record WhatsApp video calls remotely?
If you want to record WhatsApp video call remotely, you can use the TOS WhatsApp spy App. This app is pretty useful when you want to spy on your children’s activities or want to use this app for any other purpose. TOS WhatsApp spy app provides you with accurate and ultimate recording experience. Therefore, if you want to record WhatsApp video call remotely, you have to install it on the target phone. You need to root the Android device before you install it on the Android phone. After rooting the phone, you can easily record the WhatsApp video call remotely by logging into the dashboard and getting access to all the recorded WhatsApp video calls.
- 3 Ways to Send Large Video Files on WhatsApp
- Fix WhatsApp Your Phone Date is Inaccurate Error
- How to Extract WhatsApp Group Contacts
- How to Transfer old WhatsApp chats to your new Phone
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to record WhatsApp video and voice calls easily. Still, if you have any queries regarding this article then feel free to ask them in the comment below.