WhatsApp plays a crucial part in our life, from sending important text messages to sending videos and images to our friends and family. WhatsApp has made communication easy for everyone worldwide. This instant messaging app has approximately 2 billion loyal users worldwide. You can send files and videos on WhatsApp without any hassles. However, you need to take care of a 16 MB file size limit before you send a file on WhatsApp.
You will not be able to send large files on WhatsApp if they exceed the limit of 16 MB. If you are wondering how to send large video files on WhatsApp? In this guide, we are here with some easy ways that you can use to send large files on WhatsApp. We understand that it can be frustrating when you fail to send a file on WhatsApp because of its large size. Therefore, read this article to know about these methods and tricks.
Table of Contents
3 Ways to Send Large Files on WhatsApp
These methods can come in handy when you want to share your business presentation or other important files that exceed 16 MB. Check out the following methods for sending large files on WhatsApp.
Method 1: Use Google Drive to Share Large Files
You have the option of sharing your large files through Google Drive, which is a third-party cloud-based service platform. Google Drive is one such platform where you can store your files in any format and easily share them from the drive itself. However, you may not be able to send the exact file on WhatsApp as you can only share the link of the file or folder (on Google Drive) from where anyone with the link can access the file.
1. Open Google Drive on your phone.
2. Tap on the ‘+’ icon from the bottom.
3. Now you have the option of creating a new folder, or tap on ‘Upload‘ to upload the large file on an existing folder on Google drive.
4. Once the files are Uploaded, tap on the three vertical dots next to the folder.
5. Tap on ‘copy link‘ to copy the link of the folder. You also have the option to tap on share.
6. Once you tap on Share, you can choose the access option for users such as Viewer, Commenter, Editor, or Restricted.
7. Finally, copy the link, and send it on WhatsApp to your preferred user.
Anyone with the link will have access to the files, and they can easily download them on their phone. This was one of the easiest methods you can use to send large files on WhatsApp.
Also Read: Fix WhatsApp Call Not Ringing on Android
Method 2: Use WeTransfer Website
WeTransfer is a great website that you can use for sharing large video files to your contacts on WhatsApp.
1. Open the WeTransfer website on your browser.
2. Click on the ‘+’ icon to add video files or other files that you want to send on WhatsApp.
3. Click on three horizontal dots at the bottom.
4. Now click on the ‘Get transfer link‘ options and then select ‘Get a link‘.
5. Finally, you can paste the link in the chatbox to share large files on WhatsApp.
WeTransfer also gives you the option of sending the files to anyone through email. You can try out the next method if you don’t like this one.
Method 3: Use Video Compressor Software
You can use video compressor software to compress the file size for your videos. We are listing the top video compressor software that you can use to compress the video size and easily send it on WhatsApp without crossing the file size limit. This software does not harm or disturb the quality of your file. You can easily share files of 8GB or more using this software. The software that we are using is Wondershare Uni-converter. Follow these steps to set up this software and use it to compress your large files.
1. The first step is to download Wondershare Uni-Converter on your system. This software supports both Windows and MAC operating systems. You do not have to worry about any virus as this software is pretty safe to use.
2. After installing the application on your system, you have to drag and drop the large video files for the software to compress the file size. You will see a plus icon or the Add files button in the middle of the screen. When you press the button, you can access all the documents on your system, from where you can easily upload your file.
3. Now, select the file format for the video file that you are adding. For this, click on the Gear icon to access the Settings.
4. From the drop-down menu, select the device you want, and you can also change the audio and video formats for your video file.
5. Select the Compress icon from the target tab to check additional details and for additional customization. You can easily change the file size, resolution, bit rate, and quality.
6. After customizing the compressing details, you have the option to see a preview of 20 seconds of your video file before you finalize the editing and compression. This way, you can make the necessary changes wherever needed to get the perfect resolution and quality.
7. Once you are done making the changes to your video files, click on the ‘Start all‘ to start compressing the file or click on ‘Convert‘ next to the file. This way, you can send large files on WhatsApp without crossing the file limit.
8. You can transfer this compressed file into your phone by using a USB cable. You can also upload it on Google Drive and then download it on your phone. Another alternative way is by using the WhatsApp web for directly sending the compressed file from your system without having to transfer it to your phone first.
Wondershare software is pretty good as it does not ruin your video file’s resolution or quality. This way, you can send a high quality compressed video file to your contacts on WhatsApp.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How can I send a 10-minute video on WhatsApp?
If you want to send a 10-minute video on WhatsApp, you can follow the methods mentioned in this article. You can use a Video compressor software to compress the video or upload the video file on Google Drive and send the link on WhatsApp. However, if the file size for your 10-minute video is below 16MB, then you will be able to send it on WhatsApp directly.
What is the video size limit for WhatsApp?
The maximum size for all media, including pictures, audio, and videos, is 16MB. On most phones, 16MB will be about 90 seconds to 3 minutes of a video, depending upon the camera’s quality. Therefore, the maximum video size limit will depend upon the quality of the camera. However, if it exceeds 16MB, you will not be able to send it.
- Fix WhatsApp Your Phone Date is Inaccurate Error
- How to Extract WhatsApp Group Contacts
- Fix USB OTG Not Working On Android Devices
- How to Transfer old WhatsApp chats to your new Phone
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to send large video files on WhatsApp without crossing the file limit. If you liked the methods and the tricks for sending large video files on WhatsApp, let us know in the comments below.