Instagram has a pretty established community and is the most famous social networking platform worldwide. On Instagram, the users can post pictures and videos of their day to day life. There are users who are pretty consistent when it comes to posting pictures or videos. However, there are some users who use Instagram for entertainment and for checking out or stalking the profiles of other users. The public profiles on Instagram can be viewed by other users, but the users cannot view the private profiles. So, if you are someone with a public account on this social media platform and are wondering, ‘Who viewed my Instagram profile? Then, the article on how to check who views your Instagram profile is for you. We are mentioning some of the ways that you can use to see who views your profile on Instagram.
- How To See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
- Reasons to check who views your Instagram profile
- 3 Ways To See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
- Method 1: Use your Stories/Highlights to see who views your profile
- Method 2: Use third-party applications
- 1. IProfile – Who viewed my profile Instagram Analyze
- 2. Follower Analyzer for Instagram
- 3. FollowMeter for Instagram
- Method 3: Switch to a Business or a Professional Account
How To See Who Views Your Instagram Profile?
Reasons to check who views your Instagram profile
The reason to check who views your Instagram profile is as follows:
- You can check if your profile is growing and reaching more people by the number of viewers who visit your profile.
- You can keep track of fraudulent or dangerous users and thereby block them.
- You can take care of your profile security by blocking or hiding your profile from creepy stalkers.
3 Ways To See Who Views Your Instagram Profile
There are several ways that you can use if you want to see who views your Instagram profile. However, make sure that you have a public account on Instagram to know ‘who viewed my Instagram profile? Here are some ways that you could try.
Method 1: Use your Stories/Highlights to see who views your profile
Instagram does not have a specific feature that allows you to check who views your Instagram profile, but you can always use your stories/highlights to see who is viewing your profile. You can check from the list of users who view your stories/highlights by following these steps.
1. Open Instagram on your smartphone.
2. Tap on your profile icon from the top left corner named Your Story and post a story.
3. After posting the story, you can check from the list of viewers and see for the ones who do not follow you. The users who do not follow you are the ones who are viewing your profile. Moreover, you have the option of hiding your story from certain users by going to your story settings.
Since when you post a story on Instagram, they tend to expire after 24 hours, which means trying to keep track of your viewers through stories requires you to check regularly by posting a story. However, another easy way is to check who views Your Instagram profile is by checking your viewers on your highlights that stay for about 48 hours. For this, you can follow these steps.
1. Go to your main Profile by tapping on your profile icon at the screen’s bottom right corner.
2. Now, in the highlights section, you can easily see your viewers by clicking on your highlight story.
Method 2: Use third-party applications
There are several third-party applications developed to see the insights from Instagram. You can use third-party applications if you want to see your viewers who are visiting your public profile. We are listing down some of the best third-party applications that you can install on your phone.
1. IProfile – Who viewed my profile Instagram Analyze
This is a great application when it comes to getting insights into your Instagram profile. With the help of IProfile, you can easily see who viewed your Instagram profile and who checked your pictures. Moreover, you can also check who unfollowed you on Instagram. Amazing right? You get a free trial for using the services, and if you have any queries, then there is a 24/7 support team to guide you.
2. Follower Analyzer for Instagram
The second on our list is the ‘Follower analyzer for Instagram‘ that you can easily find on Google play store or the Apple app store. Through this application, you can know the views on your Instagram story, photos, videos, and most importantly, your Instagram profile.
3. FollowMeter for Instagram
Another great application for checking who views your Instagram profile is the FollowMeter for Instagram that allows you to find everything about your Instagram profile. You can even find out your story and profile viewers who are not following you.
Also Read: How to Check Instagram Messages on your PC
Method 3: Switch to a Business or a Professional Account
Another great way to see who is visiting your Instagram profile is by switching to a business account from your public Instagram Handle. Business accounts on Instagram allow you to get an insight into the type of viewers who visit your profile. However, you would not be able to find out the names of these viewers. You will only be able to find information like their location, gender, age-range, and the time when your viewers are often online on Instagram. Therefore, for this method, you can follow these steps to switch to a business account:
1. Open your Instagram profile by clicking on your bottom- right profile icon.
2. Click on three horizontal lines at the top right corner and open settings.
3. In Settings, navigate to the ‘Account’ tab.
4. In your account tab, scroll down and click on ‘Switch to a Professional Account.‘
5. Tap on continue and select a category that best suits your profile, that is, artist, blogger, digital creator, or more.
6. After selecting the category, click next.
7. Select the option of a creator account.
8. Finally, go back on your main profile and click on three horizontal lines at the top right corner to access your insights tab.
9. In insights, go to the ‘Audience’ tab, and you will see the detailed activity of your viewers like age-range, top locations, and gender.
- How To Deactivate Facebook Messenger?
- Does Instagram Notify When You Screenshot A Story?
- How To Fix Instagram Music Not Working
- How to Delete Photos in Instagram
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to check who views your Instagram profile. We understand that Instagram does not have a viewer-viewing feature yet, but that is where the above-mentioned methods come into place. You can easily try these methods to know about your viewers. If you know any other methods, then let us know in the comments below.
Pete is a Senior staff writer at TechCult. Pete loves all things technology and is also an avid DIYer at heart. He has a decade of experience writing how-tos, features, and technology guides on the internet.