TikTok is a micro clip-based social media app that has grown in popularity in recent times. The platforms allow you to create video content that is open to the public with cool filters and editing settings. Since the content here can be very expressive and graphical, there are strict community and security guidelines that may lead to inconvenience for the users. In this article, we will like to address these issues with a tutorial on how to appeal for a ban on TikTok. Read the article till the end to learn everything about this topic.
- How to Appeal for a Ban on TikTok
- Why Did TikTok Ban My Account? Why Do People Get Banned From TikTok?
- How Long Is a Temporary Suspension on TikTok?
- How Long Does a TikTok Live Ban Last?
- How Long Is a Permanent Ban on TikTok?
- Can You Get Unbanned on TikTok?
- How to Appeal For a Ban on TikTok?
- Can You Appeal a Permanent Ban on TikTok?
- How Long Does a Ban Appeal Take on TikTok?
- How Can I Get My Banned TikTok Account Back?
- How to Recover a Permanently Banned or Suspended TikTok Account?
- How Do I Get Unbanned From TikTok Live?
- How Do I Contact TikTok?
How to Appeal for a Ban on TikTok
As there could be many reasons why someone would get banned on TikTok, users get stressed while thinking that they may lose their account permanently. However, there are ways you can appeal the ban from your TikTok app itself. Continue reading to know more about it.
Why Did TikTok Ban My Account? Why Do People Get Banned From TikTok?
TikTok is a social media platform that provides you the creative and expressive freedom for the most part, but it has to maintain a strong community service and hence it becomes one of its duties to safeguard the morals and environment of the public space for its millions of users. It is highly encouraged for you to be aware of TikTok’s Terms of Service (TOS) for a safe and wholesome experience at the said platform disregarding them can lead to consequences reaching the banning of the account.
Before getting to know how to appeal for a ban on TikTok, read some of the reasons why the users get TikTok accounts banned:
1. Conducting Illegal Activities: the platform imposes restrictions on the conduction of illegal activities in accordance with the country’s law.
2. Threatening Users: The platforms with their strong detection algorithm discourage unfair and immoral conduct by users towards others by imposing a ban to safeguard the TikTok user community.
3. Sharing Violent Content: to maintain the morality of the platform sharing of explicitly violent content is regularized and monitored.
4. Blackmailing Users: Since the TikTok app provides earning opportunities with the content put up by its users, the platforms act strictly towards user interaction and behavior.
5. Promoting Self-Harm Activities or Harassing Users: Indecent and provocative activities that can impact social harm are monitored and worked upon by the platform.
6. Spamming Or Misleading the Community: The platform’s algorithm prioritizes the user experience, hence indecent spamming or trolling activities are regulated.
7. Sharing Sexually Explicit Content: Since TikTok is used by users of different age groups, therefore strict community and social guidelines are followed and such malign practices are monitored.
8. Underage Accounts: Age regulations are placed as per the terms of conditions.
9. Hateful Behavior: Indecent and provocative activities that can impact social harm is monitored and worked upon by the platform.
10. Minor Safety: Age regulations are placed as per the terms of conditions.
11. Platform’s Security: To ensure a safe and secure user interface and privacy. The nefarious activities of hacking are purposefully monitored.
How Long Is a Temporary Suspension on TikTok?
Temporary bans are instilled on the users as a warning against the potential violation of TikTok community guidelines and TOC. Typically, the platform can ban you from uploading a video, commenting, or editing your profile for a period of 24 or 48 hours. The extent of the ban is also dependent on the severity of the violation committed by the user. You will learn how to appeal for a ban on TikTok due to swearing later in this article with detailed steps.
Also Read: How Many Times Can You Get Banned on PS4
How Long Does a TikTok Live Ban Last?
For a content creator going live is a crucial part. The popularity and prospects for a creator are decided by how they interact with followers and the gifts they receive. At times due to suspected violations of the TOC, the bans are imposed on the live streaming services of the account. It depends on what kind of ban you’re imposed with,
- Temporary: It is not indefinite but is imposed for a specific duration which ranges from one day to a week. If you’re banned, your app will flaunt the Livestream restrictions. This will also alert you to the duration of the ban implied.
- Permanent: It is quite understandable that if you’ve put on a permanent ban, you cannot expect your Livestream options to run any time soon. The interface will convey if you’re permanently banned from using the service from the said account.
We’ll see how to appeal for a ban on TikTok for temporary and permanent durations further in this article.
How Long Is a Permanent Ban on TikTok?
If your account is permanently banned by TikTok for violation of Community guidelines of TOC. The period of this ban is simply indefinite and you will be restricted from using the said account until otherwise the ban is lifted.
Also Read: How to Get Unbanned on Omegle
Can You Get Unbanned on TikTok?
The severity of the consequences imposed on different offenders varies depending on the propensity of the violation. Therefore, the unbanning or reversing of the ban may vary with the restrictions imposed. The answer thereafter is a simple yes, most of the time this is possible.
How to Appeal For a Ban on TikTok?
The ban is a restriction with which serious violators of the guidelines are punished. The recognition system is an AI-integrated algorithm that analyses the content posted by the user and their activity and checks them relative to the parameters of the Code of conduct provided to it. Since it is very difficult to hardline the extent of imagination and creativity in program codes so the mistakes are bound to happen, hence the platform provides a way out in these circumstances.
- The temporary ban is normally lifted with a pre-provided time frame.
- The permanent ban on the other hand requires pleading a case with the TikTok Customer Support.
The grievance appeal regarding a ban can be filed on TikTok itself. The details regarding the procedure of how to appeal for a ban on TikTok are provided below:
1. Open TikTok on your device.
2. Tap on Me from the bottom bar to open the Profile section.
3. Tap the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Privacy and Settings > Report a Problem option under SUPPORT.
5. Select and tap on an issue related to the account ban from the Popular section.
6. In the bottom section, tap on No to the question stating Is your problem resolved?
7. Type out your problem under Tell us your feedback and tap on Report.
The normal duration of reply to come from the TikTok is 1-5 days. You have to wait for the time being and proceed in response to the reply given by them. Alternatively, the same can also be done informally. If the user is not satisfied with the reply to the appeal, email on TikTok Business.
Also Read: How to Change Your Number on TikTok
Can You Appeal a Permanent Ban on TikTok?
Yes, TikTok provides you with a way to address your issues with the platform. Hence, you can file a complaint form that also includes appealing for a permanently banned account. Read and follow the steps mentioned above in the article to learn how to appeal for a ban on TikTok.
How Long Does a Ban Appeal Take on TikTok?
The operator usually contacts within five days of filing out the form. If the response doesn’t come user can always fill in a second form asking for a follow-up on a previously reported issue but exactly how long a TikTok appeal takes is hard to tell.
How Can I Get My Banned TikTok Account Back?
The temporary banishment is generally lifted after the period of its expiration. If such a ban is not lifted an appeal can be filed on TikTok to recover access to your account.
How to Recover a Permanently Banned or Suspended TikTok Account?
There is no sure-fire way to re-access your banned account. But to file an appeal on the TikTok itself, explaining your case of wrongful imposition of Ban, you should at least know how to appeal for a ban on TikTok as the primary option before proceeding with anything else. The unverified accounts don’t have much to lose from a permanent ban but verified accounts lose many privileges that are associated with them. Therefore, they need to look into unorthodox ways for their case like:
- Contacting the legal division of TikTok
- Contacting the legal authorities in unfair market practices
How Do I Get Unbanned From TikTok Live?
The temporary banishment is generally lifted after the period of its expiration. If such a ban is not lifted, an appeal can be filed on TikTok to recover the access to your account. You can make an appeal to TikTok for lifting your ban if it is permanent by sharing your status and pleading your case with the customer support team. Follow the steps mentioned above in this article to know how to appeal for a ban on TikTok.
How Do I Contact TikTok?
For different Context of work means and description of contact is different, for example, if you know how to appeal for a ban on TikTok but it didn’t solve your problems then you will not contact the press inquiries office. Some of the context and email are provided below:
Creator Marketplace Contact Addresses:
- To report a problem
- For general feedback
- For advertisement related queries
- For advertisement complaints
- For press inquiries
- Latin America
- Southeast Asia
- Is The Forest on Xbox One?
- How to Get Dark Mode on Snapchat without App Appearance
- How to Remove the Red Filter on TikTok
- How to get Chinese TikTok on iOS and Android
We hope that you learned about how to appeal for a ban on TikTok. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.