TikTok is a popular social media platform where users can create, share, and discover short-form videos. If you’re looking to change your phone number associated with your TikTok account, perhaps due to a new phone or a change in contact information, you’ve come to the right place. In this quick guide, we’ll walk you through the steps to change your phone number on TikTok, ensuring that your account is up to date and secure.
How to Change Your Number on TikTok
There are many reasons for changing the phone number associated with your TikTok account. You can easily figure out how to change your number on TikTok by following the upcoming steps:
1. Launch the TikTok app.
2. Tap on the Me icon from the bottom right corner, as shown.
3. Tap on the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on the Manage My Account option.
5. Tap on Phone Number.
6. Tap on CHANGE from the confirmation popup.
7. Type your current phone number in the space.
8. Then, tap on the Next arrow icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
9. Type a 4-digit code and tap on the Next arrow icon.
10. Now, Enter new phone number and tap on Send code to complete the OTP verification process.
A notification will pop up with confirmation about a successful phone number change.
Also Read: How to Remove Filter from a TikTok video
What If My Number is Already Registered on TikTok?
It is possible that the phone number you are using for the sign-up is not available as an account is already associated with that number on TikTok. In that case, you can use a different number to create a new account or any other sign-up credential.
How Can I Log Into TikTok Without a Phone Number?
TikTok provides a very versatile option for logging in or signing in. While creating your user account, you have to enter your username, email, social media account, or phone number. And the same is repeated while logging in to the app. Sometimes, you can’t access the mobile with the registered phone number for whatever reason. So, TikTok provides alternate options to log into your account via your email ID or username.
How Can I Change My TikTok Number Without My Old Number?
If you don’t have your phone number registered with your TikTok account, you may be able to log in with your email ID. If you have lost the number or cannot use it and want to recover your TikTok account registered on it, you will need to fill out the feedback form describing your issue:
1. Visit the TikTok Feedback page on your desktop browser.
2. Fill in the information in the Share your feedback fields.
3. Then, click on Submit from the bottom of the page, as shown.
The response to the query generally comes within 3–5 business days. But if the response doesn’t come, you can resend the feedback form or create a new TikTok account.
How Do I Access My Old TikTok Number?
You can access your old TikTok registered number by simply changing it to a new number. Your old number should be active, which is required for OTP verification.
1. Open the TikTok app.
2. Tap on the Me > Hamburger icon.
3. Tap on Manage My Account.
4. Tap on Phone Number > CHANGE from the confirmation popup.
5. Type your current phone number, and then, tap on the Next arrow icon.
6. Enter the 4-digit code and tap on the Next arrow icon.
7. Now, type the new phone number and repeat the OTP verification process.
How Do I Unregister My Phone Number on TikTok?
If you want to unregister your phone number permanently from TikTok, you will have to report it to TikTok with the message stating your request to unregister the phone number. Follow the steps below to report the problem through the TikTop app on your phone.
1. Open TikTok on your device.
2. Tap on Me from the bottom bar to open the Profile section.
3. Tap the Hamburger icon from the top right corner.
4. Tap on Privacy and Settings > Report a Problem option under SUPPORT, as shown.
5. Select and tap on an issue related to unregistering a phone number from the Popular section.
6. In the bottom section, tap on No to the question stating Is your problem resolved?
7. Under Tell us your feedback, type this:
I want to unregister my phone number [mention number] from this account as I don’t have access to it anymore.
8. Then, tap on Report.
The TikTok support team will reply to your request in 48 hours and the desired number will get unregistered from your TikTok account.
Recommended: How to Contact TikTok Support
We hope you have understood how to change your number on TikTok and were able to perform the associated steps successfully. You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.