Netflix was founded in 1997 in California. With over 222 million active subscribers, it is one of the world’s most popular streaming services. There are four plans to choose from Mobile, Basic, Standard, and Premium. Additionally, there is a feature to create up to five profiles on a single account, each with individual progress and data. Also, users have the freedom to manage profiles on Netflix as and when they like. If you had previously used Netflix but no longer wish to stay active and want to know how do you permanently delete your Netflix account, stay tuned till the end. We are bringing you this helpful and effective guide that will teach you how to permanently delete your Netflix account and delete your Netflix profile.
Table of Contents
How Do You Permanently Delete Your Netflix Account
You will get to know how do you permanently delete your Netflix account and manage profiles on Netflix further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
How Many People Can Use One Netflix Account?
The number of people who can use a single Netflix account simultaneously depends on the plan of the account. Here is a breakdown of the different plans’ user limits:
- Mobile plan: Single User
- Basic plan: Single User
- Standard plan: Two Users
- Premium plan: Four Users
Where is Manage Profiles on Netflix?
You can manage profiles on Netflix easily. Manage Profiles can be found by hovering your mouse over your profile icon in the upper-right corner of your screen. It will be visible in the drop-down menu, as shown below.
How Do You Remove Your Email from Netflix?
If your email is linked to another account that you do not use or own and want to get it removed, you will have to contact Netflix support and ask them for email removal. Typically, Netflix’s website has easy navigation and thus allows you to edit information conveniently. However, in this case, there is no option for account removal on the website. So, if you would like to delete your email from Netflix, follow the steps given below:
1. Log in to your Gmail account.
Note: If you have your email account with any other email providers, like Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, iCloud, GMX, etc., use that to perform the steps mentioned below.
2. Compose an email.
3. In the Recipients field, enter the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
4. Enter the subject as Request for Email Removal.
5. Write an email requesting them to unlink the email associated with your Netflix account and state the desired reason for it too.
6. Finally, Send the email and wait for the response from the Netflix representatives.
How Do You Delete Your Netflix Profile?
Do you want to delete your Netflix profile from one of your family members or friends’ Netflix accounts but don’t know how to do it? Follow the instructions given below to delete your Netflix profile from their account:
Note: The main profile cannot be deleted.
1. Visit the Netflix website on your browser and Log in to your account.
2. Hover over your profile icon from the upper-right corner and select Manage Profiles.
3. Choose the desired profile to edit.
4. Scroll down and click on Delete Profile.
If you want to learn how do you permanently delete your Netflix account, keep reading this article further.
Also Read: How to Delete Marco Polo Profile
How to Delete a Netflix Account?
Netflix accounts that have been inactive for over 10 months get deleted automatically. If you have an active subscription and want to delete your account, you need to cancel your subscription and then contact Netflix Support (email@example.com) to request deletion. Follow the step-by-step process mentioned below to permanently delete your Netflix account:
Step I: Cancel Netflix Subscription
Firstly, let’s see how you can cancel your Netflix subscription.
1. Navigate to the Netflix website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your account.
2. Place the cursor over your profile icon and click on Account.
3. Under the MEMBERSHIP & BILLING section, click on Cancel Membership.
4. Now, select Finish Cancellation.
Step II: Contact Netflix Support
After canceling your Netflix subscription, send an email with the request to delete your account with the help of the following steps:
1. Go to the email account linked to your Netflix account.
2. Then, Compose an email.
3. Send that email to privacy@Netflix.com asking them to delete your account and mention the reason as well.
Also Read: How to Delete Netflix Cookies on Android
How Do You Permanently Delete Your Netflix Account?
Looking for a way to permanently delete your Netflix account? Let us tell you that accounts that remain inactive for more than 10 months are automatically deleted, as stated by Netflix. But if you have an active account and are wondering how do you permanently delete your Netflix account, you will have to cancel your current plan and then contact the Netflix support team to get your account permanently deleted. Follow the steps mentioned above to delete your Netflix account permanently.
Why won’t Netflix Let You Delete Your Account?
Sometimes users gain access to Netflix by purchasing Broadband/Data plans from Internet Service Providers. These plans can only be canceled by the Internet Service Provider itself and Netflix’s policy doesn’t allow the deletion of an account until the plan has been terminated. In this case, you have to contact your Internet Service Provider to request membership termination before applying for Netflix account deletion.
Can You Have Two Netflix Accounts on One Credit Card?
Yes, it is possible to have multiple Netflix accounts on a single credit card. However, after a while, Netflix will block you from using the credit card on any more accounts. The limit has not been revealed by Netflix, but some users reported that they were only able to use one credit card on up to 3 accounts.
How Do You Remove Your Credit Card Info from Netflix?
Lost your credit card or want to keep your credit card information private? Netflix allows you to remove payment methods easily. If you have only one payment method, you will have to contact Netflix Support to remove it. But if you have two payment methods linked to your Netflix account, you can immediately remove one of them. Check out the methods to remove a credit card from Netflix below:
Option I: Through Account Settings (For users who have two or more payment methods)
1. Access your Netflix account on a browser.
2. Click on Account from the drop-down menu by hovering your mouse over your profile icon from the top-right corner.
3. Then, click on Manage payment info.
4. Click on Edit next to the desired credit card.
5. Click on Delete.
Also Read: How to Change Password on Netflix
Option II: Via Help Center (For users with only one payment method)
1. From your Netflix account, click on the profile icon > Help Centre.
2. Scroll down and click on START LIVE CHAT.
3. Choose the Tell us what your issue is option.
4. Type in your issue and select Chat with an Agent.
5. Ask the agent to remove your credit card from payment methods.
6. Follow the instructions given by the agent.
Can You Kick Someone Out of Your Netflix Account?
Yes, you can kick people out of your Netflix account, but the only issue is you cannot pick them out. The only two options you have are to either Sign out of the devices at once or change the password, which would log everyone out of your account. You can always share your new password with only those people whom you want to give access to after changing your password on Netflix.
- Can You Cancel FUBO and Get a Refund?
- How to Delete Words With Friends Account
- How to Delete YouTube Channel on Phone
- How to Change Netflix Video Quality on your Computer
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to manage profiles on Netflix and how do you permanently delete your Netflix account. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.