With visitors watching almost 8 billion hours of video each month, YouTube, which was first launched in 2005, is now among the most well-known websites online. Each person on Youtube can have a personal YouTube channel. If you have a YouTube channel, you can change the background and color scheme and part of the content displayed on your personal channel. These channels are a possibility for businesses and can have more than one owner or manager, setting them apart from personal channels. However, sometimes you may feel like taking a vacation from your daily activities and no longer desire to share material on the platform. So, we bring you a helpful guide that will help you learn how to delete YouTube channel on phone and remove someone else’s YouTube channel. Also, you will get to understand how can you permanently delete your YouTube channel and delete your YouTube account without deleting your Google account.
How to Delete YouTube Channel on Phone
Many content creators utilize YouTube as a platform to connect with their audience and grow in popularity. A YouTube channel is deemed popular when it has a particular number of subscribers who provide comments and likes on the videos. You will get to know how to delete YouTube channel on phone further in this article. Keep reading to learn more about it in detail.
How to Delete YouTube Channel on Phone?
YouTube offers users two ways to step away from the platform: either by hiding the channel or its material or by permanently canceling the account. However, if you want to remove your channel forever, follow the steps below:
Note: Keep in mind that if your YouTube username serves as your identification and deleting your account will result in the loss of that identity. Your groups, subscriptions, uploaded videos, search history, and other account data will no longer be accessible to you if you choose to close your YouTube account.
1. Visit the YouTube Studio website in your web browser.
Note: Make sure you are signed into the correct Google account.
2. Now, tap on the three-dotted icon > Desktop site.
3. Then, tap on the Settings gear icon from the bottom of the left pane.
4. Tap on Channel > Advanced settings.
5. Swipe down and select Remove YouTube content.
6. Enter your password and tap on Next.
7. Tap on I want to permanently delete my content.
8. Mark both boxes to confirm that you want to delete your YouTube content.
9. Finally, tap on Delete my content.
Also Read: How Do You Delete a Wix Account
How Can You Remove Someone Else’s YouTube Channel?
You cannot remove someone else’s YouTube channel. However, some options include contacting the channel owner and requesting that they delete the channel or reporting the channel to YouTube as spam for having inappropriate content.
How Can You Delete a YouTube Account on Android?
To delete a Youtube account on Android follow the steps below:
2. Now, tap on your profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Tap on Manage your Google Account from the drop-down menu.
4. Then, tap on Data & privacy.
5. Swipe down and tap on Delete a Google service.
6. Enter the password to verify and tap on Next.
7. A popup displaying all currently active Google Services on your logged-in account will appear. Tap on the trash icon next to YouTube.
8. If asked, enter your password once again and tap on Next.
9. Tap on the arrow icon next to I want to permanently delete my content to expand the drop-down menu.
10. Check the two boxes that correspond to the contents of your account and tap on Delete my content.
Also Read: How to Change Your YouTube Channel Name
How Can You Permanently Delete Other YouTube Channels from Your Phone?
There isn’t just one clear way to remove someone else’s YouTube channel. However, there are other options, such as getting in touch with the channel’s owner and asking them to delete their channel. Or you can report the channel to YouTube as spam for having inappropriate content. Follow the steps below to report a channel:
Note: Keep in mind that the content producer must break some YouTube rules for this method to be applicable.
1. Visit the desired YouTube channel and tap on the three-dotted icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap on Report user.
3. From What is the issue? screen, select the desired reason, and click on NEXT.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
How Can You Permanently Delete Your YouTube Channel?
All of your YouTube channel’s material, including videos, comments, messages, playlists, and history, are permanently deleted when you delete the channel. Although deleting a YouTube channel could appear complex, it is actually very simple. One can permanently remove their YouTube channel by following the instructions provided below:
Note: Make sure you are signed into the correct Google account.
1. Visit the YouTube Studio website and tap on the three-dotted icon.
2. Then, tap on Desktop site.
3. Then, tap on the Settings gear icon > Channel > Advanced settings.
4. Tap on Remove YouTube content.
5. Then, enter your password and tap on Next.
6. Tap on I want to permanently delete my content.
7. Mark both boxes and tap on Delete my content.
Also Read: How to Delete a Playlists on YouTube?
Can You Ask YouTube to Remove a Channel?
There are no ways in which you can ask YouTube to remove an entire channel. However, there is still a chance to report a video to YouTube, asking them to take it down or at the very least alert the creator that what they are doing is offensive to us or harms us in some other manner.
How Many Reports does It Take to Delete a YouTube Channel?
A community strike or a copyright strike is both responsible for YouTube taking action against a channel. The video might be removed with just one copyright takedown request or community guidelines strike. Additionally, monetization will be disabled after three such offenses in 90 days, and the channel and all of its contents may even be deleted. Repeated infractions could result in YouTube deleting the channel.
How Can You Delete Your YouTube Account without Deleting Your Google Account?
You can remove your YouTube account while keeping the Google account. Follow the steps below to do so:
1. Launch the YouTube app and tap on your profile icon from the top right corner.
2. Tap on Manage your Google Account > Data & privacy > Delete a Google service.
3. Now, enter the password and tap on Next.
4. From the list, tap on the trash icon next to YouTube.
Note: If prompted, enter your password and tap on Next.
5. Tap on I want to permanently delete my content.
6. Mark the two boxes that correspond to the contents of your account and tap on Delete my content.
How Long does It Take for a YouTube Channel to be Deleted?
Although deleting a YouTube channel could appear complex, it is actually extremely simple. The process may take 2 to 4 days to delete a YouTube channel. However, some users have also reported that it took 30 days to delete their channel.
What to do If Someone Posts a Video of You on YouTube?
If you’re not comfortable with someone posting your video, ask the uploader to remove it from their channel. In accordance with Youtube’s YouTube Privacy Guidelines, you can ask the channel owner to have the content removed. If you and the uploader are unable to come to an agreement or if you feel uncomfortable contacting them, you can flag the video and report it to YouTube.
An identified individual, or that individual’s legal representative, must file the complaint for the content to be taken down. If you wish to use the privacy complaint process, be sure that your identity may be uniquely identified within the material. In determining whether a person is uniquely recognizable, YouTube takes into account the following aspects:
- Financial info
- Whole name
- Voice or picture
- Additional personally identifiable data
- Contact details
- How to Change the Family Manager on PS4
- How to Delete Bethesda Account
- How to Mass Unsubscribe YouTube Channels at Once
- How to Make a YouTube Account Without Gmail
We hope that you learned about how to delete YouTube channel on phone and delete your YouTube account without deleting your Google account. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.