In the past, creating a website was a tedious task that used to require software engineers and website developers. But now, Wix has made building a website easy that even looks professional. Over 200 million people use Wix today in 190 different countries. The popularity is primarily down to how simple it is to use. Are you a Wix user who is facing problems in creating websites using Wix and wondering what are the steps for accessing your account settings on Wix? And how to remove your old Wix website from Google? To clear your all these queries, we are bringing you a helpful guide on how do you delete a Wix account and how to cancel your Wix domain.
How Do You Delete a Wix Account
You can delete your Wix account from the Account Settings page on your account. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
If you want to change any account settings on Wix, you will find your account settings on the top right side of your Wix dashboard. Let’s see the step-by-step method to reach there.
1. Visit the Wix website on your browser and click on Log In.
2. Log In to your Wix account with your Email, Google, Facebook, or Apple, as you created your account in the first place.
3. From your Wix dashboard, click on the profile icon from the top right corner of your screen.
4. Click on the Account Settings option to access all your account settings.
Also Read: How Can You Delete Amazon Photos Account
If you are using Wix free version, there is no way you can get rid of this site designed by the Wix ad banner. You must upgrade to a Premium Plan that contains many features and will eliminate this site is designed by Wix banner ad from your website. Business Basic, Business Pro, Unlimited, and Business VIP Premium Plans are some of the useful features offered with the Wix Premium subscription.
Here is a guide showing you how to easily remove your old Wix website from Google.
1. Navigate to the Wix website and Log In to your account.
2. Then, scroll down the left pane and click on Settings, as shown below.
3. Click on the Website settings option.
4. Click on the Unpublish option.
5. To finally remove your old Wix website from Google, click on the Unpublish option from the popup.
This is how you can successfully remove your old Wix website from Google.
Yes, you can delete your Wix website. Deleting or removing Wix websites that you don’t use anymore is a simple process, as explained in the next section.
Using Wix features and tools, small enterprises, eateries, internet shops, and artists, like musicians and photographers, can create user-friendly and attractive websites just by dragging and dropping elements. Also, deleting all your Wix websites is necessary if you want to delete your Wix account permanently. If you no longer use a Wix website you have created, you should permanently delete that Wix website with the help of the steps mentioned below.
Note 1: If a premium plan has been allocated to a site, you cannot delete it. Before deleting the site, you must first remove the premium subscription.
Note 2: If in the future, you want to withdraw your decision and want your website back, simply go to the trash and restore the website you want. Also, if you want to cancel multiple Wix websites, you have to repeat these upcoming steps multiple times.
1. Access your Wix account on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your account before performing the upcoming steps.
2. Click on Site Actions from the top of your dashboard.
3. Click on the Move to Trash option from the drop-down menu.
4. From the popup, click on the Move to Trash option to permanently delete your website from your Wix account.
Also Read: How to Delete a Product on GoDaddy
Deleting your Wix account is not a single steps process. You have to do multiple steps like removing your websites, canceling any Wix domain, etc. We will explain all the steps to you in this guide on how do you delete a Wix account.
Step I: Cancel Wix Subscription
Here is a guide on how to cancel your Wix premium subscription.
Note: Wix offers 14 days free trial period on its premium subscription. So if you cancel it within its trial period, you will get your money refunded back.
1. Visit the Wix Log In page and Log In to your account in any desired way.
2. Click the profile icon > Premium Subscriptions.
3. Now, click on the three-dotted icon present next to the subscription.
4. Click on the Cancel Plan option.
5. Then, click on Cancel Now from the popup alert.
6. Finally, choose the desired reason for canceling the subscription and click on Cancel Now.
Step II: Delete Your Wix Websites
Here is a guide on how do you delete a Wix account website permanently.
1. Log In to your Wix account and click on Site Actions.
2. Click on Move to Trash.
3. Click on Move to Trash from the popup to delete the site and move it to the trash section.
Also Read: How to Delete Care.com Account
Step III: Cancel Your Wix Domain
Below are the steps to learn how can you cancel your Wix domain.
Note: Domain domains are non-refundable. And unlike Wix premium subscription, they don’t offer a 14 days trial period. Also, if you want to cancel multiple Wix domains, you must repeat these steps multiple times.
1. Click on the profile icon from the top right corner of your Wix dashboard page.
2. Click on the Domains option to access the list of domains you have bought from Wix.
3. Click on the three-dotted icon next to the domain to access the drop-down menu.
4. Click on Remove from Wix.
Note: You can also choose the option of transferring it to another Wix account or away from Wix.
5. To finally cancel your domain brought from Wix, click on the Remove option from the popup.
Step IV: Delete Your Wix Account
Make sure you have successfully completed all the previous steps to delete a Wix account with the help of the following steps.
1. From your Wix dashboard, click on the profile icon > Account Settings.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Learn More option from the Close your account section.
3. Click on the Close Your Account option.
4. Now, select the reason to close your account, and enter feedback and password.
5. Then, click on Close Account to finally delete your Wix account.
Also Read: How to Close GoDaddy Account
After learning how do you delete a Wix account, let’s see how you can delete your Wix Owner account.
1. Access the official website of Wix and click on Log In.
2. Then, Log In to your Wix account to reach your Wix dashboard.
3. Click on the profile icon > Account Settings > Learn More.
4. Read all the instructions given and click on the Close Your Account option.
5. Choose the desired reason for closing your Wix account.
6. Enter your feedback and Wix account password, and click on Close Account, as shown below.
Wix has an auto-renewal feature using which, domains bought from Wix are set to renew automatically to make sure your website stays online. If you are no longer using that website, you can cancel it to stop it from auto-renewing. If you purchased a domain through Wix, you have the option of transferring it to another Wix account or away from Wix. But you have to either cancel or transfer your domains before deleting your Wix account. If you want the Wix domain should not to be a part of your Wix account, follow the steps mentioned below.
1. Access the official website of Wix on your browser.
2. Log In to your account and click on the profile icon from the top right corner.
3. Then, click on the Domains option.
4. Click on the three-dotted icon > Remove from Wix next to the domain from the drop-down menu.
5. Then, click on Remove from the popup alert.
Also Read: Top 20 Best Domain Name Generators
To make online payments comfortable, Wix allows you to add, remove or change between various payment methods like Razorpay, Paypal, Upay India, and even manual payments to your Wix account. But if have added multiple payment methods and do not use some of them anymore, you can remove that payment method from your Wix account. Your credit card or any other payment method could be easily removed with the help of the upcoming steps.
1. Log In to your Wix account and click on Settings from the left pane.
2. Click on Accept payments.
3. From the list of payment methods, click on Manage next to the desired payment method you want to remove.
4. Click on Disconnect Wix Payments.
5. Then, click on Disconnect from the confirmation popup.
Yes, you can make your Wix website private. Wix has a feature that allows you to make web pages of your website password protected so that these web pages can be accessed by selected users with the password. These web pages are private and are not shown in search engines like Google and Yahoo. This feature is great for making Admin Pages.
- Can You Get Warzone Aimbot on Xbox One?
- How to Delete a Nintendo Switch Account
- How to Delete Sling Account
- Top 34 Best Web Testing Tools
So, we hope you have understood how do you delete a Wix account with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.