As we all know, Amazon allows users to process their payments through various methods. You can pay using credit and debit cards, while you can also pay on delivery depending on various circumstances. Amazon has also introduced its own Amazon Store Card, which can be used with selected merchants. There are a bunch of different ways through which customers can change their payment method on Amazon. However, some may choose to even remove card from Amazon accounts due to various reasons. At the same time, others want to switch between payment methods on Amazon during checkout. It is a great option, as you won’t be stuck to a single mode of payment. We are sure that you are here to know more about how to remove payment method from Amazon, right? Continue reading to learn more about it and the flexibility for customers to switch between various methods on Amazon at the time of checkout.
How to Remove Payment Method from Amazon
You can remove payment method from Amazon via the Payment options section in the Amazon account. Keep reading to find out the steps explaining the same in detail further in this article.
Note: The following guide is explicitly meant for Amazon Marketplace in India, which can be accessed through the Amazon India website. Customers from other Amazon Marketplace are requested to refer to their respective Amazon websites before making any changes to their accounts.
What are the Different Payment Methods in Amazon?
The different payment methods on Amazon are listed below:
- Cash On Delivery (COD)
- Credit/Debit Cards like Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, Diners Club, and JCB
- Net Banking
- Easy Monthly Installments (EMI)
- Unified Payment Interface (UPI)
Is Cash on Delivery Option Available on Amazon?
Yes. However, you must check whether the seller accepts cash on delivery during checkout. The Cash On Delivery option can be used as a payment method on Amazon only for orders less than Rs. 50,000. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Amazon has temporarily disabled Cash On Delivery.
How to Remove a Credit Card from Amazon?
To remove a card, follow these instructions on how to remove payment method from Amazon:
1. Visit the Amazon website and Sign-In to your account.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists from the top of the screen.
3. Click on Payment options.
4. Click on the Manage Payment Methods to see your saved credit cards and debit cards.
5. Click on the desired credit or debit card to expand it.
6. Click on Remove, as shown.
7. Click on Confirm remove from the pop-up to remove card from Amazon payment option.
How to Remove a Debit Card from Amazon?
Follow the below steps on how to remove payment method from Amazon:
Note: Make sure you are logged in to your Amazon account before attempting to perform the below-mentioned steps.
1. Go to the Amazon website.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists > Payment options.
3. Scroll down the Manage Payment Methods page and click on the desired credit or debit card.
4. From the expanded menu, click on Remove > Confirm remove.
Also Read: How to Hide or Delete Amazon Order History
How to Change Card Details in Amazon?
Follow the below steps to change card details on Amazon:
1. Navigate to your Amazon account.
2. Click on Accounts & Lists.
3. Click on Payment options > desired card.
4. Click on Edit from the expanded menu.
5. Modify the desired fields, such as Name on card and Expiry date, as shown below.
6. Click on Save.
How to Remove a Bank Account from Amazon?
Follow the below steps to remove a bank account from Amazon:
1. Sign-In to your Amazon account and click on Accounts & Lists > Payment options.
2. Click on Manage Bank Accounts.
3. Locate the desired bank account you want to remove, and click on Delete for it.
Can You Add a Payment Method Again After Deleting it?
Yes. You can add a payment method or edit it after deleting it.
How to Switch Between Payment Methods on Amazon?
Follow the below steps to switch between payment methods on Amazon:
1. Visit the Amazon website on your browser.
2. Sign-In to your Amazon account and click on Accounts & Lists from the top right corner.
3. Click on Payment options.
4. Click on Set a preference under the PAYMENT METHOD section, as shown below.
5. Locate the desired payment method and click on Make default.
6. Choose from saved credit and debit cards or Bank accounts. Then, click on Continue.
Does All Payment Methods Get Deleted When You Delete Amazon Account?
Yes. By deleting the Amazon account, everything gets deleted. You will not be able to see your purchase history, invoices, and all Amazon services associated with the account.
- How to See Who Shared Your Instagram Story
- How Do I Unsubscribe from Quora Digest
- How to Change Apple Payment Method
- How to Remove Duplicate Files in Google Drive
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned how to remove payment method from Amazon. If there are any doubts or suggestions, share them in the comment below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.