Have you ever felt the need to delete an account and remove all the associated information from the internet? The reason could be anything. Maybe you are unsatisfied with their services or found a better alternative or simply you don’t need it anymore. Well, deleting your account from some platform that you no longer wish to use is a wise thing to do. This is because it helps you to remove sensitive personal information, financial details like a bank account, card details, transaction history, preferences, search history, and a lot of other information. When you have made up your mind to part ways with some service, it is better to clear the slate and leave nothing behind. The best way to do this is by deleting your account.
However, it is not always very easy to do that. Some companies have a complicated process that is intentionally laid out to make it difficult to delete a user account. Amazon is one such company. It is very easy to create a new account and takes just a couple of clicks, however, it is equally difficult to get rid of one. A lot of people don’t know how to delete their Amazon account, and it is because Amazon does not want you to know. In this article, we are going to take you step-by-step through the entire process of deleting your Amazon account.
What are the consequences of deleting your Amazon Account?
Before you go ahead and delete your account, you need to understand what this means and what would be the result of your action. As mentioned earlier, deleting your Amazon account will remove all your information, transaction history, preferences, saved data, etc. It will basically delete the records of all your history with Amazon. It will no longer be visible to you or anyone else, which includes Amazon employees. In case you wish to get back on Amazon later, you will have to create a new account from scratch, and you won’t be able to get back your previous data.
Apart from that, you will also lose access to other apps and services that are linked to your Amazon account. As you know a lot of services like Audible, Prime Video, Kindle, etc. are linked to your Amazon account, and deleting your account will lead to the cancellation of all these services. Given below is a list of services that won’t be functional anymore:
1. There are a lot of other sites and apps that are linked and use your Amazon account. If you delete your account, you will no longer be able to use them. Sites like Kindle, Amazon Mechanical Turks, Amazon Pay, Author Central, Amazon Associates, and Amazon Web services are those sites that you will not be able to use.
2. If you had been using Amazon Prime Video, Amazon music, or any other multimedia entertainment platforms and had saved content like photos or videos, then you would not be able to access them anymore. All this data will get permanently deleted.
3. You will not be able to access your transaction history, review past orders, deal with refunds or returns. It will also delete all your financial information like your card details.
4. You will also lose access to any reviews, comments, or discussions that you made on any Amazon platform.
5. All your digital credit balances in various apps and wallets, which includes gift cards and vouchers will no longer be available.
Thus, it is advisable to get rid of any loose ends that you have before deleting your Amazon or DoorDash account. This would mean ensuring that you save your vital information elsewhere and also close all your open orders. Resolve all return and refund related issues and also transfer your money from Amazon Pay digital wallet. Once everything is done, proceed to the next phase of deleting your account. Follow the steps given below to delete your Amazon account.
How to Delete Your Amazon Account?
Step 1: Log in to Your Amazon Account
The first thing that you need to do is log in to your account. Any account related operation including deleting it would require you to log in first. This is the only way in which you can access the options to delete your account.
Also Read: How to Delete Your eHarmony Account
Step 2: Close all Open Order
You cannot delete your account if you have an open order. An open order is one that is still under process and hasn’t been delivered yet. It could also be a return/exchange/refund request that is ongoing currently. In order to close open orders: –
1. Click on the Orders tab.
2. Now select the Open Orders option.
3. If there are any open orders, then click on the request cancellation button.
Step 3: Go to the Help Section
There is no direct option to delete your Amazon account. The only way in which you can do it is through the help section. You need to talk to Amazon customer care service to delete your account, and the only way to contact them is through the help section.
1. Go to the bottom of the page.
2. You will find the help option at the very end on the lower right-hand side.
3. Click on the Help option.
4. You will see a lot of options. Now click on the Need more help option which is right at the end of the list or navigate to Customer Service at the bottom.
5. Now select the option to Contact Us which appears as a separate list on the right-hand side of the page.
Step 4: Contact Amazon
In order to contact customer care executives for the purpose of deleting your account, you need to choose the correct options.
1. Firstly, click on the ‘Prime or Something Else’ tab.
2. You will now find a drop-down menu at the bottom of the page which asks you to select an issue. Select the ‘Login and Security’ option.
3. This will provide you with a new drop-down menu. Select the option to ‘Close my account’.
4. Now, Amazon will present a series of warnings to inform you about all the other services that you will not be able to access if you deleted the account.
5. At the bottom, you will find three options as to how you would like to contact them. The options are email, chat, and phone. You can choose any method that is convenient for you.
Step 5: Talking to Customer Care Executive
The next part is something that you have to do on your own. Once you select the preferred mode of communication, you need to convey your decision to delete your Amazon account. It usually takes around 48 hours for the account to get deleted. So, check back after a couple of days and try logging in to your previous account. If you are unable to do so, it means that your account has been successfully removed.
Recommended: 5 Best Amazon Price Tracker Tools of 2020
Thus, by following these steps, you can delete your Amazon account permanently and with that remove all your private information from the internet. If you ever feel like coming back to Amazon, you will have to create a brand-new account and start afresh.