Amazon, the world’s largest eCommerce has built an empire all around the globe. The company revolutionized buying and selling of products with its online retail services. Everyone avails Amazon services, from a small farmer to a business person, by purchasing or selling items online these days. In the vastness of the eCommerce business, it is not a surprise when catchy schemes find their way into the business. And one such scheme is Amazon Prime. It is a paid subscription that gives Amazon users access to benefits like free delivery, Prime Video, Prime Reading, Prime Gaming, etc. These packages attract millions of subscribers worldwide. If you have an ongoing Amazon Prime subscription but looking for a way to cancel subscription and get refund from Amazon, this article will certainly help you in that regard. We are bringing you this detailed guide that will teach you how to get refund on Amazon and answer more questions about the same.
How to Get Refund on Amazon
You can get refund on Amazon after canceling your rented movie from the Purchases & Rentals page . Keep reading to find out the detailed steps explaining the same further in this article.
Can I Cancel Amazon Prime and Get a Refund?
Yes, Amazon Prime Terms of Service allows you to cancel an Amazon Prime Membership and receive a refund for the same. However, a few conditions apply, which are mentioned below:
- For Annual Prime Membership: If the subscription is canceled within 3 business days from activation, you are eligible for a full refund. But Amazon may subtract the value of the Prime benefits availed by you during these 3 days. If you cancel the membership after 3 days of signing up, a full refund will only be allowed if you have not used any Prime benefits since the activation.
- For Monthly Prime Membership: When you cancel a monthly Prime membership, you will be entitled to a full refund only when any Prime benefits have not been availed by you since your last Prime membership charge. If you want to learn how to get refund on Amazon Prime, read further to know more.
Can I Stop Amazon Prime Anytime?
Yes, you are permitted to cancel your Amazon Prime membership at any point in time.
Does Amazon Give Refunds?
Yes, Amazon does provide refunds to customers who cancel their Amazon Prime membership only under certain circumstances. To be eligible for an Amazon Prime membership refund, the following conditions will be considered:
- For Monthly Prime Membership Owners: In case you cancel a monthly Prime membership, a full refund will be granted only when none of the Prime benefits were availed by you since your most recent Amazon Prime membership charge.
- For Annual Prime Membership Owners: If you end the subscription within 3 business days from signing up, you will be entitled to a full refund, provided that Amazon may withhold from the refund the value of the Prime benefits availed by you during the 3 business days. If you decide to cancel your Amazon Prime membership at any other time, a full refund will be possible only if any benefits were not utilized by you since the activation of the membership.
Also Read: How Do I Cancel Starz Subscription on Amazon
What Happens If I Cancel My Prime Membership Early?
If you end your Amazon Prime membership without taking advantage of any of the Prime benefits, Amazon will refund you the full Prime membership fee.
Will I Get a Full Refund from Amazon?
Yes. You will be entitled to a full refund if you cancel your Annual Prime membership within three business days of signing up. But Amazon has the right to deduct the cost of any Prime features you used during that time period from your refund. And you will be eligible for a full refund if you decide to cancel a monthly Prime subscription only if you haven’t used any of the Prime perks since your most recent renewal.
How Long Does It Take for Amazon to Refund Prime?
Amazon claims to process Prime membership cancellation refunds within three to five business days from the date of deactivation.
How Do I Get a Refund for Amazon Prime Movies?
If, by accident, you purchased a Prime Video movie and want to cancel subscription and get refund from Amazon, follow the steps mentioned below to request a refund for the accidental purchase:
Note: For the below method to be successful, you must not have attempted to watch the movie that you wish to get a refund for prior to canceling the purchase.
1. Head over to the Amazon Prime Video website.
2. Enter your Email or mobile phone number and Password and click on Sign-In, as shown below.
3. Click on My Stuff from the top of the screen.
4. Click on the Purchases & Rentals tab, as highlighted.
5. Choose the desired title that you intentionally bought or rented. The title’s information page will load.
6. Now, click on Cancel your order.
7. Now, click on the Reason for Cancellation (required) drop-down menu option.
8. From the list, choose the desired reason for cancellation.
9. Finally, click on Cancel Your Order.
Post cancellation, a refund will be initiated to the payment method which was used for this purchase. The refund will arrive in three to five business days, as stated by Amazon.
How Do I Get a Refund on Amazon That Was Not Received?
Shockingly, many times, Amazon promises a refund within three to five business days but the refund is never credited to your account. If you are a victim of Amazon’s fake promises, then, unfortunately, you have no choice but to contact Amazon Customer Care itself. To connect with Amazon Customer Care, follow the steps given below:
1. Visit the Amazon Sign-In page on your desktop browser and Sign-In using the proper credentials.
2. Click on Customer Service, as depicted below.
3. Click on Something Else from the list.
4. Click on I need more help.
5. You can choose to connect through a call by clicking Request call now or chat by selecting Start chatting now.
- How to Tell If Someone Deleted Their Snapchat Account
- How to Get Cartoon Filter on TikTok
- How Do I Cancel Prime Video Channel Subscription
- How to Get NordVPN Account Free
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to learn how to get refund on Amazon and cancel subscription and get refund from Amazon for your rented movies. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below.