It is often seen that Amazon refunded to gift card instead of credit card. There are ways to transfer that amount or use them in other ways, which we shall read about in this article. It is default set to receive the refund on your gift card. Most people choose to have their refund with an Amazon gift card because it’s the fastest method. Sometimes, you might face the Amazon not refund bank account issue. It takes a few days or weeks for them to issue it back in the original payment method if you used a credit card or any other online mode of payment. Follow the entire article to get answers to the problems you might face during this process of returning items on Amazon. Also, you will learn to transfer Amazon balance to bank and transfer gift card balance to bank account with the method mentioned further below.
- Why Did Amazon Refund to Gift Card Instead of Credit Card?
- Will Your Amazon Refund Go Back to Your Card?
- Can You Change Your Amazon Refund Method?
- Why Does Amazon Not Refund Your Bank Account?
- Can You Transfer Amazon Balance to Bank?
- How Did You Get an Amazon Gift Card?
- Does Amazon Automatically Use Gift Card Balance?
- Why Did Your Amazon Refund Go to a Gift Card Balance?
- How Did I Get a Gift Card Balance on Amazon?
- How Do You Transfer Amazon Gift Card Back to Credit Card?
- Can You Transfer Your Amazon Gift Card Balance to Your Debit Card?
- How Do You Transfer a Gift Card Balance to Your Bank Account?
- Can Amazon Gift Card be Refunded?
- Can You Withdraw an Amazon Gift Card?
- Can You Take Back Gift Cards?
Why Did Amazon Refund to Gift Card Instead of Credit Card?
Keep reading further to learn more about Amazon refunds and gift cards in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Will Your Amazon Refund Go Back to Your Card?
Yes. Whenever you return an item, the refund is usually processed within 2 weeks. The refund is initiated immediately when your item is picked up and sent to the warehouse. Once they receive your return, the seller notifies you of receipt of the return as proof, and then the refund is issued to the original payment method in case of pre-paid transactions or to our bank account. It can also be received as an Amazon Pay balance in the case of Pay on Delivery orders.
Can You Change Your Amazon Refund Method?
Yes, you change your Amazon refund method. It is often seen that Amazon refunded to gift card instead of credit card. There are ways to transfer that amount or use them in other ways. You can choose your preferred refund method in the Online Returns Center when returning an item.
- In the case of orders paid through an online gateway, the return is automatically processed in that account itself, which you can also change at the time.
- And in the case of cash payments, you get to choose your online mode for receiving the amount. After the vendor receives the returned item, it takes up to two weeks for us to receive and process your return. When the refund is processed, the method cannot be changed.
Also Read: What is Amazon Rehire Policy?
Why Does Amazon Not Refund Your Bank Account?
Amazon refunds are only processed through an online mode. If you face the Amazon not refund bank account issue, you must have chosen another mode or another account to receive the returns. This can also be due to your original mode of payment, which must have been different from your bank account, as the amount is automatically processed into the same mode online. If you don’t receive the refund in a standard time frame, you can contact your credit or debit card issuer or your bank for more information. Refunds are never processed in cash.
Can You Transfer Amazon Balance to Bank?
No, transferring the money from your Amazon Pay balance to another account or the bank is impossible. Currently, Amazon doesn’t provide the option to transfer the money to a bank account or a different Amazon Pay balance account, but you can buy gift cards from that amount. Once you buy the e-gift cards, you can send them to another account user and use them over there.
How Did You Get an Amazon Gift Card?
You can easily purchase gift cards on Amazon with these methods:
1. Open the Amazon app and tap on the hamburger icon from the bottom right corner. Then, select the Gifting option from the drop-down menu of Amazon Pay.
2. Tap on the Gift Cards tab to purchase them.
3. Tap on eGift or Brand Gift cards purchase and top-up.
You can also pay for the gift card from your Amazon Pay balance or other online gateways.
Also Read: How to Get Refund on Amazon
Does Amazon Automatically Use Gift Card Balance?
Yes, your gift card is automatically applied to your total bill at the time of checkout. The amount in your gift card gets deducted automatically at the time of checkout of your cart. If sometimes it isn’t applied, you have to enter the gift card code/number, which usually happens when an e-gift card is received from another user.
Also Read: How to Remove Payment Method from Amazon
Why Did Your Amazon Refund Go to a Gift Card Balance?
Usually, all the instant refunds go into your Amazon gift card, as this is the fastest method to get your refund. That is why Amazon refunded to gift card instead of credit card and not refund bank account. You can always transfer Amazon balance to bank account or other gateways.
How Did I Get a Gift Card Balance on Amazon?
- Upon payment at Amazon.com, a Gift Card will be automatically purchased and claimed to your Amazon Balance if your phone number is verified.
- Since a gift card secures credits on Amazon so that the user buys the items from Amazon again, all the policies say that Amazon refunds to gift card instead of credit card.
How Do You Transfer Amazon Gift Card Back to Credit Card?
Transferring your Amazon gift card money is a simple process. Follow the below steps:
1. Tap on Amazon Pay from the Amazon app home screen.
2. Tap on Amazon Pay balance.
3. Now, verify your details.
4. Then, tap on Add gift card to balance.
5. Then, sign in and tap on Withdraw funds.
6. Choose your desired credit card and enter the desired amount you want to transfer.
Once it’s done, the funds should now be on your card within 3 to 5 business days or a week. Hence, your gift card balance will now be deducted and reflect whatever amount is left.
Can You Transfer Your Amazon Gift Card Balance to Your Debit Card?
Yes, it is similar to the process of transferring money to a credit card.
How Do You Transfer a Gift Card Balance to Your Bank Account?
Transferring your Amazon gift card money to a bank account is also easy. All you need to do is:
1. Open the Amazon app and tap on Amazon Pay > Amazon Pay balance.
2. Now, verify your details and tap on Add gift card to balance.
3. Then, sign in and tap on Withdraw funds.
4. Choose your desired credit card and enter the amount you want to transfer.
Can Amazon Gift Card be Refunded?
No, gift cards cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, or redeemed for cash. It is also mentioned in the rules that the gift card amount will not be refunded to you under any circumstances. However, they can be shared as e-gift cards with different account users.
Can You Withdraw an Amazon Gift Card?
Yes, the retailer may exchange the card for cash, but at a rate after reducing some percentage of the amount. The issuer might refuse to accept a return of the gift card when you don’t have the purchase receipt. You need to visit the Gift Cards Help page to get help from Amazon.
Can You Take Back Gift Cards?
No, Amazon doesn’t give refunds for used or unused gift cards unless state laws or exceptional conditions require them. You cannot return your card to the company if you don’t want it anymore. Amazon isn’t responsible for cases of lost, damaged, or stolen gift cards, and hence, you won’t get a replacement.
- How to Hide Posts from Someone on Instagram
- How to Delete Your Amazon Account
- How Do I Hide Amazon Orders From Other Family Members
- How to Redeem a Gift Card on Microsoft Account
We hope this article was helpful and you learned why Amazon refunded to gift card instead of credit card. This was a short insight into users’ problems using the Amazon shopping app. We hope you got simple and easy solutions to such issues. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.