Everything becomes better when it is enjoyed with friends, and watching classic comedies or scary horrors on Netflix is no exception. However, during one of the most unprecedented times in history, the privilege of hanging out with our friends has been harshly revoked. While this has put an end to many social activities, watching Netflix together with your friends is not one of them. If you want to get rid of your quarantine blues and enjoy a movie together with your friends, here’s a post to help you work out how to use Netflix party to watch movies with friends.
Table of Contents
How to Use Netflix Party to Watch Movies with Friends
What is Netflix Party?
Teleparty or Netflix party, as it was known formerly, is a Google Chrome extension that allows multiple users to create a group and watch online shows and movies together. Within the feature, each party member can play and pause the movie, ensuring that all of them watch it together. Additionally, Teleparty gives users a chatbox, allowing them to talk to each other during the film’s screening. If these prospects don’t seem exciting, Teleparty now works with every video streaming service and is not restricted only to Netflix. If you want to experience quality time with your friends remotely, then read ahead to determine how to set up the Netflix party chrome extension.
Download the Netflix Party extension on Google Chrome
Netflix party is a Google Chrome extension and can be added to the browser for free. Before proceeding, make sure all your friends have a Netflix account and access Google Chrome on their respective PCs. With all that done, here’s how you can watch Netflix party with friends:
1. Open Google Chrome on your PC/Laptop and head to the official website of the Netflix Party.
2. In the top right corner of the webpage, click on ‘Install Teleparty.’
3. You will be redirected to the Chrome web store. Here, click on the ‘Add to Chrome’ button to install the extension on your PC, and the extension will be installed in a matter of seconds.
4. Then, through your browser, log in to your Netflix account or any other streaming service of your choice. Also, make sure that all the people who intend to join the party have also installed the Teleparty extension on their Google Chrome browser. By installing the Netflix Party extension beforehand, your friends can watch the movie seamlessly without any hassle.
5. On the top right corner of your Chrome tab, click on the Puzzle icon to reveal a list of all extensions.
6. Go to the extension titled ‘Netflix Party is now Teleparty’ and click on the Pin icon in front of it to pin it to the Chrome address bar.
7. Once the extension is pinned, start playing any video of your choice.
8. After you start playing a video, click on the Pinned extension on the top right corner of the screen. This will activate the Teleparty feature on your browser.
9. A small window will pop up on the top of the screen. Here you can decide if you want to give others control over the screening by enabling or disabling the ‘Only I have control option.’ Once a preferred option is selected, click on ‘Start the party.’
10. Another window will appear, containing the link for the watch party. Click on the ‘Copy Link’ option to save it to your clipboard and share the link with anyone you want to add to your party. Also, make sure that the checkbox titled ‘Show chat’ is enabled if you want to talk to your friends.
11. For people joining through the link to watch a Netflix party with their friends, you need to click on the Teleparty extension to open the chatbox. Based on the host’s settings, other members of the party can pause and play the video and also talk to each other through the chatbox.
12. The feature also gives users the ability to change their nickname and add an extra level of fun to the watch party. To do so, click on the Profile pic on the top right corner of the chat window.
13. Here, you can change your Nickname and even choose from a bunch of animated Profile Pictures to go along with your name.
14. Enjoy movie nights with your friends and family using Netflix Party without putting yourself at risk.
Also Read: How to take a Screenshot on Netflix
1. Watch2Gether: W2G is a feature that works similar to Teleparty and can be downloaded as a Chrome extension. Unlike Teleparty, however, W2G has an inbuilt player that lets people watch YouTube, Vimeo, and Twitch. Users can also watch Netflix together, with the host sharing their screen for all other members.
2. Kast: Kast is a downloadable app that supports all major streaming services on the internet. The host creates a portal, and all the members joining it can watch the live stream. The app is also available on smartphones allowing users to join with the device of their choice.
3. Metastream: Metastream comes in the form of a browser and allows multiple users to sync up Netflix and videos from other major streaming services. While the service does not have any dedicated applications, the browser itself is perfect for chatting and watching movies together.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I use Netflix party extensions in Chrome?
To use the Netflix Party chrome extension, you will first have to download the extension from the Chrome web store. Make sure that the extension is pinned to the Chrome taskbar. Once it is installed and pinned, open any video streaming service and start playing the movie of your choice. Click on the extension option on top and you are good to go.
Q2. Can you watch movies together on Netflix?
Watching Netflix together with your friends is now a possibility. While countless software and extensions will help you achieve this, the Teleparty or Netflix Party extension is the clear winner. Download the extension to your Google Chrome browser and you can watch movies and shows together with your family and friends.
- How to Delete Items From Continue Watching On Netflix
- Fix Netflix Error “Unable to Connect to Netflix”
- 9 Ways to Fix Netflix App Not Working On Windows 10
- Show Profile Picture in Zoom Meeting Instead of Video
During these unprecedented times, spending quality time with your family becomes more important than ever. With features such as Teleparty, you can virtually recreate movie night with your friends and family and tackle the lockdown blues.
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to use Netflix party to watch movies with friends or family. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.