Whether you’re looking to start fresh or have multiple Nintendo Switch accounts and want to tidy things up, knowing how to delete a Nintendo Switch account is a valuable skill. This guide will walk you through the steps to permanently delete a Nintendo Switch account, ensuring that you have a clear and streamlined gaming experience. Keep in mind that deleting an account means losing access to any associated purchases and data, so make sure it’s the right decision for you. Let’s dive into the process of removing a Nintendo Switch account.
How to Delete a Nintendo Switch Account
How Can You Change the Primary Account on Your Nintendo Switch?
Physical games can be easily shared among family and friends. But if you have multiple Nintendo Switch in your home and you’re looking for a way to transfer online purchased games to other Switch, you can do so using Game Share.
You can easily share a Switch game with a friend or just between a Switch and a Switch Lite as long as you have a digital copy of the game in your account. But to do so, you have to change your primary account or unlink your Nintendo account that you use for purchasing games and link a new one. And here is a guide on how can you change the primary account on your Nintendo Switch.
Step I: Unlink Existing Nintendo Account
1. Turn on your Nintendo Switch device.
2. Open up the Home menu and click the System Settings gear icon.
3. Then, click on User Settings to select the user account you want to unlink.
4. Here, click the Unlink Nintendo Account option.
5. Click on Continue on the confirmation pop-up message.
6. Now, click the Unlink option to confirm the account unlinking process.
Step II: Link New Primary Nintendo Account
1. Open up the Home menu.
2. Go to the User Settings.
3. Click on the Link Nintendo Account option.
4. Select any of the following options, as per your preference:
- Sign In and Link
- Create Account
5A. If you select Sign In and Link, you can enter the email and password of your other account and link it.
5B. If you choose Create Account, you will have to create a new account with the help of your email address and some standard information, like Date of birth. Then, you will get an email with a code in it. You have to enter that code in your switch device and your new account will get linked.
Also Read: How to Delete Apps on Nintendo Switch
Here is a YouTube video which you can go through:
How Can You Deregister a Switch Online?
Below are the steps illustrating how to deregister a Switch online.
1. Turn on your Nintendo Switch which is registered as your Primary Switch.
2. Once you are on the Home Page, click on the Nintendo eShop icon.
3. Then, select the account that is registered as the primary Switch.
4. Select the user icon from the top right corner, as shown below.
5. Click on the orange button stating Deregister.
6. Click Deregister again to confirm the pop-up stating Are you sure you want to deregister this console?
How to Delete a Nintendo Switch Account?
Here is the guide on how to delete a Nintendo Switch account in a few easy steps.
Note 1: If your Nintendo Switch user account is linked to your Nintendo account, deleting the user account will not affect your Nintendo account.
Note 2: If you delete a Nintendo Switch user account, all saved data linked to a user account is deleted and couldn’t to restored again.
1. Turn on your Nintendo Switch device.
2. Open up the Home menu and select the System Settings gear icon.
3. Select the Users tab from the left pane.
4. Locate and choose the desired user profile you want to delete.
5. Scroll down and click on Delete User.
6. Tick the checkbox marked Delete and select Next.
7. Lastly, click on the Delete this User option to complete the deletion process.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Fix Nintendo Wii Error Code 51330
How Many Times Can You Change Your Primary Switch?
There is no limit on the number of times you can change your primary Switch. But one account could only have one primary Switch console, and this console has access to exclusive features that other consoles on your account do not.
What Happens If You Delete Your Nintendo ID?
Once you delete your Nintendo account, all your existing Nintendo funds, purchased software, games, and passes would be deleted permanently. Also, all your data, including game progress, points, and rewards will be lost. Also, if you had a children’s account merged with your account, both of the accounts will be deleted.
Does Deleting a User on Switch Delete the Account?
No. When you delete a user account from Switch, all saved data linked to that user account is deleted, but it doesn’t affect the Nintendo account it was linked to. The Nintendo Account will remain accessible to you and you can relink it with any other user account.
How Can You Permanently Delete Your Nintendo Account?
Let’s see the steps to permanently delete your Nintendo account.
Note: Your account will be permanently deleted after 30 days of the deactivation period. Make sure you don’t try to log into your account for 30 days.
1. Visit the Nintendo website on your browser.
Note: Make sure you are logged into your Nintendo account which you want to delete.
2. Click on the profile icon > Account settings.
3. Then, click on the Other settings option.
4. Click on Delete account.
5. Then, click on Deactivate and Delete to start the deletion process.
6. Now re-enter your Nintendo account password and click on OK.
7. To finally delete your Nintendo account, click on Confirm Account Deletion.
Also Read: How to Delete Marco Polo Profile
How Long Does It Take for a Nintendo Account to be Deleted?
A Nintendo account that has been deleted will first be deactivated for 30 days, during which time you can try to sign in using your registered email address and password to reactivate the account. As soon as the deactivation period is over, the account will be permanently deleted. So, it takes 30 days to permanently delete your Nintendo account.
How Can You Unlink Your Nintendo Account?
You can unlink your Nintendo account from Switch by reading and following our guide on How to Unlink Nintendo Account from Switch. From this guide, all your doubts regarding unblinking Nintendo accounts will be cleared.
- 6 Ways to Fix Roblox Gift Card Not Working
- How to Uninstall Boxbe
- How to Delete Old Facebook Account
- How to Delete Your Riot Account
So, we hope you have understood how to delete a Nintendo Switch account with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.