Nowadays, payment methods have become so diverse that anyone can make a transaction from anywhere in the world using their smartphone device. And the Apple phones are obviously no exception in this regard. Apple device users are aware of payment methods, like Apple Pay and Apple Card, and are using these methods to make several transactions instantly and effortlessly. The Apple Pay and Card accounts are linked with the user’s Apple ID to make the payment processes smooth from any iOS device. But a few iOS users don’t want to access Apple Card account and are looking for ways to remove credit card from Apple Store. Your search for the answers ends here! Read this guide until the end to learn the step-by-step procedures for how to remove credit card from Apple ID in detail. Also, stay tuned to learn the ways to remove Apple Pay from iPhone.
Table of Contents
- How to Remove Credit Card from Apple ID
- How Do You Access Your Apple Card Account?
- How Do You Change Your Default Payment on Apple ID?
- How Do You Remove a Payment Method from Your iPhone With Active Subscription?
- How Do You Remove Apple Pay from iPhone?
- How Do You Change Your Credit Card on Apple Pay?
- How Do You Unlink Your Credit Card from Apple ID?
- How Do You Remove Your Credit Card from Apple Store?
- Why Can’t You Edit Your Payment Method on Apple ID?
- Why Cannot Remove Payment Method on iPhone?
- Why Can’t You Remove Your Card from Apple ID?
- Why Can’t You Take Your Credit Card Off Your iPhone?
How to Remove Credit Card from Apple ID
Apple Pay is a mobile payment service offered by Apple Inc. that enables customers to make purchases online, in iOS apps, and in person. It works with the iPhone, Apple Watch, iPad, and Mac among other Apple products. Apple also provides you with a credit card known as Apple Card. You can remove credit card from your Apple ID > Manage Payments menu. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining the same in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
How Do You Access Your Apple Card Account?
Apple Inc. issues an Apple Card, a physical and a virtual credit card, that is primarily intended for use with Apple Pay on Apple products, such as an iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac. You can use your Apple Card on the web to check your account balance and make payments. If you want to know how to access Apple Card account, simply follow the upcoming steps.
1. Visit the Apple Card Website on your browser and click on Sign In.
2. Sign in to Apple Card using your Apple ID and Password.
3. You will be redirected to your Apple Card account dashboard for the web.
Also Read: How to Remove Payment Method from Amazon
How Do You Change Your Default Payment on Apple ID?
You can easily add or remove new Payment Methods on your Apple ID. Also, you can change your default payment methods from the added ones on Apple ID with the help of these following steps:
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. From the top of the settings menu, tap on your Apple ID.
3. Tap on the Manage Payments option and confirm user identity with Touch ID or Face ID.
4. All your added payment methods will be displayed in the Manage Payments menu. Locate the desired payment method from the list.
5. Tap on Edit, as shown above.
6. Then, drag the desired payment method using reorder icon to the top of the list, as depicted below.
7. Tap Done as shown above to finally change your default credit card on Apple Pay.
The Payment Method at the top of this list is going to be your Default payments method.
Also Read: How to Change Apple Payment Method
How Do You Remove a Payment Method from Your iPhone With Active Subscription?
iPhone provides you with complete control over how you pay for your purchases. You can easily add or remove a payment method from your iPhone Manage Payments settings. Here’s how you can do it step by step.
Note: You can’t remove any payment methods if you have any active Apple subscriptions, such as Apple iCloud+. You have to cancel your iCloud+ plan and other Apple subscriptions before. After canceling your active subscriptions, simply follow the below steps to remove any payment method on your iPhone.
1. In the Settings app on your iPhone, tap on your Apple ID from the top.
2. Tap on the Manage Payments option.
3. Then, continue by confirming your identity using Touch ID or Face ID.
4. From all your added methods, tap on the desired payment method you want to remove.
5. Now, tap on Remove Payment Method from the bottom of the screen.
6. Tap on Remove from the popup to confirm the removal process.
How Do You Remove Apple Pay from iPhone?
If you want to remove or turn off Apple Pay or Apple Cash on your iPhone, follow the upcoming steps:
1. Launch the iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on Wallet & Apple Pay from the settings menu.
3. Then, turn off the toggle for Apple Cash from the top to remove Apple Pay, as shown below.
Also Read: How to Go Back Further in Call History on iPhone
How Do You Change Your Credit Card on Apple Pay?
Apple Pay allows you to change and choose among many payment methods and also permits you to add and change credit cars on Apple Pay. Below are the steps to change your credit card on Apple Pay.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. From the top, tap on your Apple ID.
3. Tap on the Manage Payments > the desired card to access Apple Card account.
4. Tap on Remove Payment Method > Remove to delete the credit card.
5. Then, come back to the Manage Payments screen and tap on Add Payment Method.
6. Follow the onscreen instruction and provide the new credit card details to add the card.
How Do You Unlink Your Credit Card from Apple ID?
If you have added your credit card as one of your payment methods and now want to unlink it, follow the steps below to achieve exactly that.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Apple ID > Manage Payments.
3. Tap on the desired payment method you want to unlink.
4. Then, tap on Remove Payment Method.
5. Confirm the action by tapping on Remove from the popup.
Also Read: Why Uber Won’t Accept My Debit Card?
How Do You Remove Your Credit Card from Apple Store?
For mobile apps running on iOS and iPadOS operating systems, Apple Inc. developed and regularly maintains the App Store platform for users to browse and download approved apps created using Apple’s iOS Software Development. On the iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad, apps can be downloaded and can be even transferred to Apple watches. Some of these apps are paid, and hence, require some payment options. So, if you have added your credit card to make a purchase and now want to remove your credit card from Apple Store, here are the steps you should follow to that:
1. Navigate to your iPhone Settings.
2. Now, tap on iTunes & App Store.
3. Tap on Apple ID > View Apple ID.
4. Tap on Payment Information and enter your Apple ID Password.
5. Now, select the desired credit card you want to remove and tap on Remove.
Also Read: How to Put App Back on Home Screen on iPhone
Why Can’t You Edit Your Payment Method on Apple ID?
- You can’t remove or edit any payment methods if you have an unpaid balance or any active Apple subscriptions, such as Apple iCloud storage plan.
- You can also not edit your payment method if you use purchase sharing.
You have to cancel your iCloud+ plan and other Apple subscriptions if you want to edit any payment method on Apple ID.
Why Cannot Remove Payment Method on iPhone?
Below are the reasons why you cannot remove payment methods on iPhone:
- Active Apple subscriptions
- Unpaid balances
- Enabled purchase sharing
- Apple ID connected to the family account
Why Can’t You Remove Your Card from Apple ID?
You cannot remove your card if you have you have a subscription that is set to renew automatically, such as Apple iCloud storage plan, Apple Music, Magazine subscriptions, and newspaper subscriptions. Or if you use purchase sharing, Apple won’t let you remove your payment method or card from your Apple ID to do these renewal purchases.
Why Can’t You Take Your Credit Card Off Your iPhone?
You can’t take your credit card off your iPhone if you have:
- An unpaid balance or you have a periodical renewal subscription of apps, such as Apple iCloud, or Apple Music.
- Active purchase sharing also disallows you to take off any added credit card as a payment method.
- Also, if your Apple ID is connected to your family account, you can’t remove your credit card.
- How to Cancel Robinhood Deposit
- How to Remove Account from Chromebook
- How Do I Delete Expired Apple Subscriptions
- How to Find Who Accepts Google Pay
So, we hope you have understood how to remove credit card from Apple ID and Apple Store with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries about this article or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.