iPhone by Apple Inc. is a line of smartphones that combines a mobile phone, digital camera, music player, and personal computer technology. iPhones are popular among Apple users because of their sleek and modernistic design. Often, iPhone users face various queries on how to set up their phones and utilize different features. If you are someone looking for tips about how to put app back on home screen on iPhone, we bring you a practical guide that will teach you the same with the detailed steps. Additionally, you will also get to learn how to create app shortcut on home screen iPhone. So, let’s start with the article.
Table of Contents
How to Put App Back on Home Screen on iPhone
You can add any app to your iPhone home screen from the app drawer or library. Keep reading to find the steps to do the same with proper illustration to help you understand better.
Note: The following methods were performed on iPhone 11, version 15.5.
How to Put App Back on Home Screen on iPhone? How Do I Get the App Back on My iPhone Home Screen?
To get the desired apps on the home screen of your iPhone, do as follows:
1. Tap on the Search bar on your iPhone.
2. Search for the desired app.
3. Press and hold the app icon until a Menu displays, then tap on Add Home, as shown below.
Also Read: How to Ping an iPhone
How Do I Customize My iPhone Home Screen?
You can easily customize your iPhone home screen by adding widgets, and removing and adding apps. You can also create app shortcut on home screen. Follow the steps given below to perform various customizations on your iPhone home screen:
A. Remove Apps
1. From the Home screen, tap and hold the empty space until the app icons start to shake.
2. Tap on the Remove (-) icon of the app you want to remove, as shown below.
3. Tap on Remove from Home Screen.
B. Add Apps
1. To add widgets, tap on the Add (+) icon from the top-left corner of the screen, as depicted.
2. Choose the desired widgets that you want to display.
C. Create App Shortcut
1. To create an app shortcut on the home screen, search and tap on the Shortcuts from the widgets search bar.
2. Tap on the Add (+) icon from the top-right corner, as shown below.
3. Type your desired Shortcut Name and tap on Open App.
4. Tap the App option, as highlighted below.
5. After choosing the app, tap on the Modify option.
6. Next, tap the Add to Home Screen option.
7. Lastly, you can choose your own icon and name for the shortcut by tapping on any of the following options:
- Take Photo
- Choose Photo
- Choose File
8. After customizing, tap on Done. This is how to put app back on home screen on your iPhone.
Also Read: How to Split Screen on iPhone
How Do You Change iOS 14 Home Screen?
To change the home screen of an iOS 14 device, follow the instructions below:
1. Open your iPhone Settings app.
2. Swipe down and tap on Wallpaper from the list.
3. Tap on Choose a New Wallpaper.
4. Next, you can choose from Dynamic, Stills, or Live or your own photos to set it as your home screen display.
5. After choosing your desired wallpaper, tap on Set.
6. Next, tap on Set Home Screen.
Also Read: How to Run iOS Apps On Windows 10 PC
How Do I Edit My Home Screen on Android?
Apart from learning how to put app back on home screen, you can also edit your home screen really easily on your iPhone. To change or customize your home screen on an Android, follow these instructions:
Note: We used the Samsung Galaxy M31s (Android version 12) model to depict the following steps.
1. Open the Settings app on your Android device.
2. Swipe down and tap on the Wallpaper and style option from the list.
3. You can either choose your own photos from Gallery or choose existing wallpapers by tapping on My wallpapers.
4. Select your desired wallpaper and tap on Home Screen under the Set as Wallpaper menu.
Also Read: 20 Best Android Widgets For Your Homescreen
Why Won’t My iPhone Let Me Go to My Home Screen?
One of the most common reasons your iPhone isn’t letting you go to your home screen is because:
- Your phone could be frozen or isn’t responding due to some glitches.
- Another reason could be the iOS 13 update, which temporarily disables the swipe-up method to go to the home screen on iPhones.
- How to Remove DoorDash Card as Payment Method
- How to Get Rid of Hollow Arrow on iPhone
- 12 Best Photo Collage Apps for iPhone (2022)
- 17 Best Photo Editing Apps For iPhone (2022)
We hope you have understood the steps to learn how to put app back on home screen with the ways to create app shortcut on home screen iPhone. If you were able to perform these methods successfully on your iPhone, well done! You can drop your queries about this article and topic suggestions for future articles in the comments section below.