Xbox is a gaming brand launched by Microsoft. The company has products including five gaming consoles, software (games), streaming services, Xbox Network, and Xbox Game Studios. Also, if you want to access an Xbox account, you should have a Microsoft account because Xbox is one of the services provided by Microsoft. Are you an Xbox user wondering how to delete your Xbox account or delete Xbox account without deleting Microsoft account? Stay tuned till the end. We are bringing you a helpful guide that will resolve all your doubts and queries about this, like how to delete your Xbox profile online or do Xbox accounts get deleted. So, let’s start!
How Can You Delete Your Xbox Account
You can delete your Xbox account from the Account Settings menu. Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating the same in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
How Can You Delete Your Xbox Profile Online?
If you want to delete your Xbox profile, here are steps you should follow to delete your Xbox profile online.
1. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to open the Home menu.
2. Select Settings.
3. Now, select Account under the Settings menu.
4. In the Account menu, choose Remove accounts as shown.
5. Select the desired profile you want to delete and choose the Remove option. This will remove your Xbox account from your Xbox console.
Also Read: How to Delete Fortnite Account on Switch
How Can You Delete Your Xbox Account?
Suppose you want to delete your Xbox account for any reason and wonder which is the easiest way. So here is a guide to do so in simple steps.
1. Press the Xbox button on your Xbox controller to open the Home menu.
2. Select Settings > Account.
3. Then, select Remove accounts.
4. Select the desired profile you want to delete and choose the Remove option.
This will remove your Xbox account from your Xbox console.
Is Xbox Account Same as Microsoft Account?
No. The differentiation is as such:
- A Microsoft account is a single-user account used by Microsoft users to manage and use Microsoft services and software like Xbox Live, Skype, Windows, Bing, Microsoft Office, OneDrive, and many more.
- On the other hand, an Xbox or Xbox Live account is an online multiplayer gaming account used by gamers to play online games. Also, an Xbox account is required for game streaming, achievements, connecting with friends, and in-game purchases.
If you want to create an Xbox account, you should have a Microsoft account. This is why Xbox and Microsoft account is not the same.
Can You Remove an Xbox Account from a Microsoft Account?
Yes, you can remove an Xbox account from your Xbox One or Xbox 360 consoles just by following simple steps. But removing Xbox Live account from your Xbox console doesn’t delete it or remove it from your Microsoft account. All your game data, such as your multiplayer rank or in-game purchases, is not deleted. It is available on your Microsoft account. The only way to remove an Xbox account from a Microsoft account is by permanently deleting the Microsoft account.
Can You Delete Xbox Account without Deleting Microsoft Account?
No. You can remove your Xbox account from your Xbox consoles. After that, you will not be able to see that Xbox account on your console. But you can’t permanently delete your Xbox account without deleting your Microsoft account. This is because an Xbox account is a Microsoft service to which you have access through your Microsoft account. It stores all your in-game purchases, and all your game data, such as your multiplayer rank or in-game purchases, is not deleted and is still available on your Microsoft account. So, if you permanently want to delete your account, you must delete your Microsoft account, which is also a simple process.
How Can You Delete an Xbox Account from Your Phone App?
Xbox mobile app lets you connect your consoles, and also you can manage all your games and in-game data from the app itself. Also, you can connect with your gamer friends through this app, but for some reason, if you want to delete your Xbox account from your Xbox app, here is a guide:
1. Open Xbox app on your Android smartphone.
2. Tap on the profile tab from the bottom right corner.
3. Then, tap on the Settings icon from the top right corner.
4. Under the Settings menu, swipe down and tap on the SIGN OUT option.
This is how you can easily remove your Xbox account from your Xbox mobile app in simple steps.
Also Read: How to Unlink EA Account from Xbox
How Can You Permanently Delete an Xbox Account?
If you want to delete your Xbox account permanently from Microsoft servers, then you have to delete your Microsoft account. Here is a guide instructing how you can permanently delete an Xbox account.
Note: Microsoft accounts are not deleted immediately, but Microsoft provides you 60 days to rethink your decision and reactivate your account.
1. Visit the official website of Xbox on any browser.
2. Click on the Sign in icon from the top right corner to get into your account with the account credentials.
3. Click on the profile pic > My Microsoft account as shown.
4. Click on the Your info option from the top navbar.
5. Scroll down and click on the Close account option.
6. Read all the instructions and then click on Next.
7. Mark all the checkboxes to confirm that you have examined all the most common account closing impacts.
8. Select the desired reason why you want to close your Microsoft account and then click on Mark account for closure.
Also Read: How to Delete Indeed Account Permanently
How Long Can a Xbox Account be Inactive?
An Xbox account can be inactive for 2 years. After that, it would be automatically deactivated. Microsoft aims to prevent you from paying for services you don’t use and that you get the most out of your Xbox subscriptions. Xbox Live or Xbox game pass subscribers who haven’t used their accounts for 12 months are reminded by Microsoft that they have a still active subscription. After that, at 18 months of inactivity, you’ll get another reminder and have a chance to unsubscribe from Xbox services. But if you don’t and are still inactive, then Microsoft will stop recurring billing after 24 months of inactivity. This states that when the then-current term has ended, you won’t be charged for the following billing cycle, and your subscription will end.
Do Xbox Accounts Get Deleted?
No. Technically, your Xbox account is not deleted. But Microsoft aims to prevent you from paying for services you don’t use and that you get the most out of your Xbox subscriptions. So it ends your Xbox Live and Xbox Game Pass subscription if they think you are inactive.
How Long Until an Xbox Account Gets Deleted?
After 24 months of inactivity, Microsoft will stop recurring billing for that subscription. This means that when the then-current term has ended, you won’t be charged for the following billing cycle, and your subscription will end. So, if your Xbox account is inactive for 2 years, it will be deleted.
Can You Get Your Xbox Account Back After Deleting It?
Yes. If you accidentally erased your Xbox account and are now trying to figure out how to get it back, here is some good news: Microsoft accounts are not deleted immediately, but Microsoft provides you 60 days to rethink your decision and reactivate your account. After recovering, the next time you log in into your console, all the games, music, and videos linked with your Xbox account will be accessible.
How Can You Remove Your Xbox Live Account from Your Email?
You can remove your Xbox Live account from your email by removing the account from Xbox. Let’s see how to do that.
1. From the Xbox Home menu, select Settings.
2. Select Account > Remove accounts.
3. Select the desired profile you want to delete and choose the Remove option.
This is how you can remove your Xbox Live account from your email.
- How to Delete Tango Account
- How Can You Deactivate PS3 Account
- What to Do If Roblox Account is Deleted?
- How to Change Your Profile Picture on Xbox App
With this simple guide, we are hoping that you now know everything about how to delete your Xbox account and delete your Xbox profile online. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what topic you want to learn about in our next article.