Indeed is a free online employment portal that helps businesses hire employees while allowing professionals & freshers to find full-time and freelance work. It began operations in 2004 and since then it has grown to become one of the world’s top job listing websites. It has around 250 million unique visitors monthly. Anyone who has looked for a new job has undoubtedly visited or used Indeed’s services at least once. However, if you no longer require its services, read this helpful guide to learn how to Delete Indeed Account permanently.
Table of Contents
How to Delete Indeed Account Permanently
Look, it won’t cost you anything to keep an account open that you aren’t using. However, if you have used none of their services in a while and aren’t doing so right now, then you should delete your account. In the future, if required, then you can quickly create a new account within a few minutes.
- It is advisable to delete your Indeed account because of the personal information and data it contains that is shared with different recruitment agencies during the hiring process. Your resume, which includes your work history, hobbies, educational information, personal information, contact information, and so on.
- All of your sensitive information may be exposed or used against you if there is a security breach or hacker attack.
- It will also stop unnecessary promotional emails. It has been observed that Indeed sends at least one email every single day.
Not just Indeed, but you should also remove all of your unused online accounts.
If your reason for deleting the account is that you receive a lot of promotional emails or are concerned about the privacy of your resume, in that case, all you need to do is change a few settings and you can keep your account active.
Note: You will be unable to log in to the account after it has been deleted and all of your data and job-related information will be lost. Before deleting the account, create a backup of all essential information.
You can delete your Indeed account within a few minutes. However, the process of deletion of your account and personal information will be completed in the next few days. To know more, scroll down and skip the account deletion section.
How to Delete Indeed Account Via Website
1. Visit the Indeed website .
2. Click on Sign In.
3A. Enter your Email address.
3B. or sign in with your Google, Apple, or Facebook account.
4. Click on Profile icon > Settings as illustrated below.
5. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Close my account.
6. Choose a reason for the account deletion request and click on Close my account.
7. The following message will be displayed: We’ve received the request to delete your account and it is being processed.
Within a few days, the said process will be completed.
Also Read: How to Delete Target Account
How to Delete Indeed Account via Mobile App
The process is identical to the previous method. The only difference is that the user interface of the mobile application is slightly different.
Note: Smartphones don’t have the same settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, make sure the correct settings before changing any. The following steps were tried on Redmi Note 5.
1. Open the Indeed app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
2. Tap on the Hamburger icon from top right corner.
3. Tap on the Settings option.
4. Then, tap on Account settings.
5. Scroll down and tap on Close my account.
6. Select a reason for the account deletion request and tap Close my account.
Also Read: How to Delete Your Amazon Account
How to Stop Receiving Promotional Emails from Indeed
If you don’t want to delete your account but want to stop receiving promotional and job alert emails, newsletters, and other communications from Indeed, try any of the following methods.
Method 1: Unsubscribe from Email
1. Launch your Mail app and open any email from Indeed.
2. Scroll down to the very bottom and click on Unsubscribe from this email hyperlink.
3. Select a reason to unsubscribe and click on Submit as shown.
Method 2: Change Indeed Email Settings
You can also change Indeed email settings if you do not want to delete Indeed account.
1. Navigate to Indeed website.
2. Click on the Profile icon and then click on Email settings.
3. Uncheck the box marked Additional email preferences shown highlighted below.
Also Read: What is Amazon Rehire Policy?
How to Change Privacy Settings for Your Resume on Indeed
If you set the visibility of your resume to public viewing, every employer will have access to your resume details. If you are not looking for a job, you can make your resume details private as follows:
1. On Indeed website, login to your account.
2. Click Profile icon > Profile as shown.
3. In the Resume section, click on the pencil icon.
4. Then click on the Public option.
5. Select Private option and click on the Save button as depicted below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Can I sign up again with the same email address after deleting my account?
Ans. Yes, once the deletion process is completed, you can register using previous credentials.
Q2. How to delete your Indeed account if signed up via Google or Facebook?
Ans. Log in to your Google or Facebook account as you normally would. Following that, the procedure is the same as described above.
- Is Phasmophobia on Xbox One?
- How to Delete Upwork Account
- What is Amazon Background Check Policy?
- 10 Best Programming Language to Learn Today
We hope you learned how to delete Indeed account permanently. If you have any queries or suggestions, then feel free to drop them in the comments section below.