Amazon is one of the fastest-growing e-commerce companies in the world. To ensure smooth operations, Amazon hires employees through a dynamic recruitment process. Its primary motive is to hire the right person for the right position by conducting several background checks. We bring to you a helpful guide that will guide you about the Basic Background Check Policy of Amazon, red flags that will get your application rejected, and, lastly, an overview of the Amazon hiring process. So, continue reading the article to learn more!
What is Amazon Background Check Policy?
Amazon was established in 1994 by Jeff Bezos. It was started as an online book store, and now, millions of users buy commercial items in a day-to-day manner. The industry is dependent on both skilled and unskilled labor forces. It has over 170 centers in over 13 countries, having more than 1.5 million employees worldwide.
Does Amazon Do Background Checks?
Yes! When you apply for a job among thousands of jobs available on the platform, there is a comprehensive process you have to undertake to get yourself selected.
- You have to complete the assessment or meet the recruiter for an interview.
- In the next stage, Amazon will carry out several background checks processes by a third-party company like Accurate Backgrounds. You must qualify for all background checks to pass Amazon Background Check Policy.
- The giant public record checking platform is used to corroborate facts with your previous employers.
- Only after your acknowledgment, will your employment be confirmed in the organization once you fulfill all the necessary requirements.
In this article, we have discussed all about Amazon background check policy used while recruiting new candidates as its employees.
Does Amazon Hire Felons?
The answer to this question depends on the location, position you have applied for, and the felony. Depending upon the severity of the felony you have, Amazon HR team will make the decision. Following are some pointers you should know before applying:
- If you have had any felony convictions in the past 7 years, their Background Check Policy is avoided in a few states.
- If you are interviewed, do not expose your felony within a few minutes of your introduction. Instead, build hope and confidence that you will fit the position and expose your felony near the end.
- Always be empathic while talking about your felony and make sure you do not ruin the interview process.
To be straightforward, Amazon hires felons for temporary jobs and later decides to make you permanent according to your skills & severity of the felony.
Also Read: How to Reset Amazon Prime Video Pin
What Does Amazon Background Check Policy Include?
Although Amazon has so many employees, it is always cautious about who it hires. As a result, you must go through a series of background checks before passing your application process. The Background Check Policy includes
1. Criminal background check: This check is made to check if you have any criminal records over time.
2. Reference background check: This check is undergone to verify whether all the details mentioned in your resume are true. Concisely put, if you are honest on your CV, then you may pass the reference background checks very easily.
- Depending on the history of employment in your resume and the work period, you may be verified with the most recent boss or two or more bosses at a time.
- You should always be honest while preparing & submitting your resume since it shows loyalty & integrity.
- Amazon HR team is mostly quite busy. So the recruiter may ask about your previous employer, about the previous job title, your role & responsibilities, and your performance. It may choose to not dig too deep depending on your resume & inteview.
3. Final drug test: After you pass an in-person interview, there will be a drug test.
- The Amazon team will take a mouth swab from you.
- Then, the swab will be tested for recreational drugs like cocaine, cannabis, methamphetamine.
- If there are any traces of these drugs in the mouth swab, there are very few chances that you will be hired.
- As an Amazon employee, you have to take an annual medical drug test and qualify it to continue working in the organization.
When you pass all these preliminary checks, you are ready to join hands with the Amazon team.
Everything You Should Know About Check Policy
In this section, we have compiled a list of facts that you should know about Background Check Policy of Amazon.
- Whenever you apply for Amazon jobs online, you must agree to their Background Check Policy. Once you have filled out the application, you must authorize them too. If you did not authorize it, you will not be able to complete the application process.
- You must wait for 1 to 4 weeks to obtain the Check Policy results. Once you have crossed more than 2 weeks, contact Amazon for an update.
- Extensive research of data is collected during the process dating back 7 to 10 years. Hence, at least 7 years data should be kept handy for this process.
- The evaluation processes pertaining to Amazon Background Check Policy are carried out before hiring you during the recruitment process. Once you have joined the concern, Accurate Backgrounds will not continue the process.
- If you did not pass the background check process, Amazon will let you know why. Also, if you did not receive any update regarding the application, you can contact Amazon support team for further updates.
- All the Background Checks are conducted by a third-party company named, Accurate Backgrounds. You will get in touch with the Accurate Backgrounds team while they evaluate Amazon Background Check processes. Also, once they have completed the evaluation, they will let you know your credit scores.
Before you apply to Amazon, evaluate yourself by self-survey with background check firms, thereby requesting a survey. When you get a red flag from the survey, try applying for other companies with lenient requirement
Also Read: Is Divergent on Netflix?
Information Verified During Background Checks
- Criminal records: If you have any criminal records for the past 7 to 10 years, this data will be registered in a background check. The report will be available with the details of misdemeanors that will impact the hiring process.
- Work Experience: All your work experience in the past 7 years will be covered up along with the employer details. It covers the period of service and the reason for the job switch.
- Educational Details: Also, the background check process covers all the educational institutions you have studied, along with your performance.
- Credit & Financial details: This process covers your credit history along with your financial status. These financial statistics will help the recruiter to judge whether you live a responsible life or not.
- Reference Details: When you submit your online application, you have to enlist your references. As a process, the Accurate backgrounds team will contact your references to know about your performance and benchmark lists. The details gathered during the call will be accurately mentioned in your background report.
Red Flags in Your Amazon Application
Here are a few red flags that will make your application more prone to rejection:
- Felony: If you have had a criminal record in the last seven years, your application will most likely be rejected to maintain the trust of its customers and staff. Thus, if Amazon considers any applicant potentially harmful, the application will be rejected without any consideration. Those who have committed credit card fraud, theft, assault, or sexual crimes may be rejected at the very initial stage of application.
- Dishonest Information: If an individual provides incorrect information while filling the application, and when it is found as per the Amazon Background Check Policy, they will be automatically disqualified. Therefore, always be 100% sure and honest while filling out the application as dishonesty will lead to disqualification.
Also Read: Is The Meg on Netflix?
Laws Governing Background Check Policy
All US-based companies have defines laws and regulations according to each state. Hence, Amazon follows its rules and regulations according to the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA). If you have committed a crime within seven years of application, you have to check the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) laws which cover the following:
- The Act declares that any employer should not consider the application of an individual who has committed a crime in the last 7 years. Therefore, you can confidently apply to Amazon jobs if your criminal record is registered seven years earlier.
- Also, in some states, there are some liberations to reduce this time span. Of course, it always depends on the location and its laws.
How to Run Background Check on Yourself?
Before you apply to Amazon, it is recommended to run a criminal background check on yourself to be more confident about your application. There are a lot of professional background checks platforms for employers as well as employees. In addition, there are few reliable public platforms online that can be accessed by anyone. Few notable features of such platforms include:
- They do not have any legal restrictions and provide more details than professional online background checking sites.
- They are more reliable, and you can obtain the best results after thorough analysis.
You have to choose the right online criminal background checker. This may be similar to the process of finding a needle in a haystack. We have listed a couple of online background checking websites below that you may find useful.
1. Use Instant CheckMate
Using Instant CheckMate, you can attain more results for your background check process than expected.
- It can be accessed from your mobile and PC as well.
- It includes a well-designed management tool.
- It costs around $33 for a month or around $28 for a three-month package.
If you aim to obtain speedy, precise results, then Instant CheckMate would be your choice.
2. Use TruthFinder
TruthFinder is known for its accuracy. Following are the remarkable features of this platform:
- The browser dashboard can be accessed on both iOS and Android platforms, but their search speed may vary according to the network connection you use.
- It has 5-star reviews among users worldwide.
- You can filter your data from both private and public databases.
- All the results are transparent, accurate, and up to date.
- You will be charged $28 per month and $23 for a two-month package for a membership. With a membership, you can run multiple background checks as many times as you like.
- How to Fix Origin Error 9:0 in Windows 10
- How to Access Microsoft Teams Admin Center Login
- Fix Amazon KFAUWI Device Showing up on Network
- 6 Things You should know Before You Buy an Amazon Fire TV Stick
So, why does Amazon hire felons? It does so only after comprehensive checks as per its Background Check Policy intended to ensure its employees are free of criminal records, and in fact, honest & sincere. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.