The PlayStation 4, also known as PS4, is a gaming device provided by Sony and used for high-end gaming. While gaming on PS4, users get several messages about new games and related news regularly. And also, if users are chatting with someone on PS4, the messages just keep getting piled up to the point they don’t want them anymore. So, if you are one of those users and wondering how to delete messages on PS4, read this article till the end. You will learn how do you permanently delete PS4 messages in detail with the help of detailed steps. Let’s get into it!
- How Do You Permanently Delete PS4 Messages
- How to Access PS4 Message History?
- How Do You Permanently Delete PS4 Messages?
- How Do I Permanently Delete PS4 Messages?
- How Do I Permanently Delete Files from PS4?
- How to Delete Images on PS4 Messages?
- How to Delete Messages on PlayStation App?
- How to Delete PS4 Messages Without Leaving?
- Can You Recover Deleted Messages on PS4?
- How to Delete PS5 Messages?
How Do You Permanently Delete PS4 Messages
You can delete your PS4 messages permanently with the help of your PS4 controller. Read and follow the steps mentioned further in this article to learn how you can do the same.
How to Access PS4 Message History?
You can access PS4 message history through their official website. You can follow the below steps to do the same:
1. Visit the PlayStation Sign-in page on your desktop browser.
2. Sign In by entering your Sign-In ID (Email Address) and Password.
3. Click on the Chat menu icon from the top right corner. Here, you will find all your chat history, and you can even send messages on PS4 from here.
Also Read: How to Access Old Hotmail Account
How Do You Permanently Delete PS4 Messages?
You cannot permanently delete your messages on PS4. But alternatively, you can remove them from your screen. Follow the below steps to learn how do you permanently delete PS4 messages:
Note: This will surely remove the messages from your screen. But, if you start a conversation with the same person, those messages will return to the screen automatically.
1. Go to Messages from your PS4 home screen.
2. Locate and enter the desired chat from which you want to delete the message(s).
3. Hit the OPTIONS button on your controller to bring up the Options Menu.
4. Then, select Leave from the right pane menu. You have successfully removed those messages from your screen.
How Do I Permanently Delete PS4 Messages?
Unfortunately, you cannot permanently delete messages on PS4. However, you can remove them from your screen using the following steps:
1. Navigate to Messages from your PS4 home screen.
2. Locate and open the desired chat > Options Menu by pressing the OPTIONS button on the controller.
3. From the right pane menu, choose the Leave option.
Also Read: 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
How Do I Permanently Delete Files from PS4?
To delete files from your PS4, you can follow the below steps:
1. Go to Settings from your PS4 home screen.
2. Select Storage from the list.
3. From the Storage screen, click on System Storage.
4. Select Saved Data.
5. Choose the desired game for which you want to delete the files.
6. Now, select User Options and press the Options button.
7. Select Delete.
8. Again, select Delete.
9. Now, select OK to confirm the process.
Also Read: How to Delete Messages on Snapchat
How to Delete Images on PS4 Messages?
Follow the below steps on how to delete images from the messages on PS4:
1. Go to Messages and enter the desired chat from which you want to delete the image(s).
2. Press the OPTIONS button on your controller.
3. From the Options Menu, select the Leave option, as shown below. You have successfully removed those messages containing images from your screen.
How to Delete Messages on PlayStation App?
You can delete messages from the PlayStation app with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the PlayStation app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Messages tab from the top.
3. Scroll down and open the chat from which you want to delete the desired message.
4. Swipe left the message and tap on the Leave option. You have successfully removed the message from the PS app.
Also Read: Fix Black Ops 3 ABC Error in PS4
How to Delete PS4 Messages Without Leaving?
Unfortunately, there is no other way to delete PS4 messages without using the leave option. You will have to use the Leave option to delete the message on PS4. Follow the steps mentioned below to learn how to delete messages on PS4 step by step.
Can You Recover Deleted Messages on PS4?
Yes. Your messages are not deleted from the PlayStation servers. So, even if you remove them from your PlayStation app using the Leave option, you can always get your messages back by starting the conversation again with that same person.
How to Delete PS5 Messages?
To delete messages from your PS5 device, you can follow the below steps:
Note: These steps will delete the messages temporarily, and the messages will be back once the conversation with that person resumes.
1. Press the PlayStation button to open the Quick menu.
2. Now, select the Notifications icon.
Note: You can also access the messages through Game Base.
3. Select the desired message you want to delete.
4. Press the Square button on your controller to delete the message. This way, you have successfully deleted the messages from your screen on PS5.
- How to View Someone’s Deleted Instagram Posts
- Fix PS4 Error CE-34788-0
- How to Deactivate Primary PS4 Console
- Fix NAT Type Failed on PS4
We hope that you learned how do you permanently delete PS4 messages. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know what you want to learn about next.