Snapchat has become one of the most popular social media apps because it has been appealing to the younger demographic for the longest time. You would expect that since it shares millions of photos and videos every day, the security must be really tight. Snapchat helps you click stunning pictures and selfies through its wide range of filters. It’s a perfectly built app for instantly sharing moments with your friends and family. You may share photos or videos with your contacts via Snapchat.
It is quite possible that with as many features as Snapchat comes with, people would have doubts about some of them. One such question could be “How do I delete messages on Snapchat?”. Deleting messages from Snapchat is not a very complex process. In fact, you can delete the whole conversation on your Snapchat.
If you are someone facing difficulties while deleting messages on Snapchat, you have reached the right page! We are here to clear all your doubts. Let’s see how you can delete messages on Snapchat with the help of the below guide.
How To Delete Snapchat Messages and Conversations
How do I delete chat messages on Snapchat?
If you have recently sent a message to the wrong friend and want to undo that message, then read on. However, you must note that this will notify your contacts that you have deleted a chat in the conversation window. The detailed steps are mentioned below:
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and tap on the “Message” icon to open the chat window.
2. Select the conversation from which you wish to delete a message then long press on the message and select the “Delete” option.
3. Finally, tap on the “Delete Chat” option to delete the particular message.
Note: Here, “Chat” does not mean the whole conversation per se; but a particular message you have selected from the conversation.
How do I delete the whole conversation from the chat window?
Deleting multiple messages from a single conversation with the casual approach seems to be a complex process. However, there is a simple trick for that too. Snapchat provides the option to clear your conversations. You can follow the below-given steps to delete the whole conversation from the chat window:
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and tap on the message icon to open the chat window.
2. Select and long-press the conversation that you wish to delete entirely from your chat window. From the given list of options, select the “More” option.
3. On the next screen, you must tap on the “Clear Conversation” option and then select the “Clear” option to delete the entire conversation from your chat window.
Alternatively, you can also delete multiple conversations from your chats through a simple trick. The detailed steps involved in this method are elaborated below:
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and tap on your Bitmoji Avatar from the home screen in the top left corner.
2. Now, tap on the “Gear” icon to open the settings page of Snapchat.
3. Scroll down to the Privacy section and select the “Clear Conversation” option.
4. This option will open the list of conversations you have had on your Snapchat. Tap on the “X” symbol next to the name of the conversations you wish to delete entirely from your account.
5. Finally, tap on the “Clear” button to delete the entire conversation from your chats.
This option will permanently delete the conversation with the selected contacts from your Snapchat account.
How to delete sent messages on Snapchat that have not been opened yet?
Sometimes, you send snaps or messages to unknown recipients by mistake and wish to delete them without letting them know. Unfortunately, you can not unsend a snap. However, there is something that you can do to get out of such unwanted scenarios. If you wish to delete sent messages or snaps from a conversation, you can block the contact instantly. The detailed steps for this method are elaborated below:
1. Select the conversation from which you want to delete pending snaps then long-press the chat that you wish to delete entirely from your chat window.
2. From the given list of options, select “More“.
3. Select the “Block” option and tap on the confirmation box.
Can I delete a story once it is has been added?
Akin to other social media platforms, Snapchat also provides you with an option to post stories. Moreover, you may even delete stories added to your Snapchat account. You must follow the below-given steps to delete stories from your Snapchat account:
1. Launch Snapchat on your device and tap on the circle icon highlighted on your Bitmoji avatar.
2. It will take you to your Snapchat profile, where you’ll have to scroll down to the “My Story” section. Now, tap on it to see all the stories you’ve posted in the past 24 hours.
3. Now, you need to tap on the three-dotted menu in the top right corner of your screen.
4. Here, tap on the “delete snap” option from the three options and then finally tap on the “Delete” option in the confirmation box.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: How do you permanently delete conversations on Snapchat?
You can delete conversations on Snapchat by selecting the conversation and long-pressing it. After this, tap on the “More” option, followed by “Clear conversation” to delete it permanently.
Q2: Does deleting a Snapchat message delete it for the other person too?
Yes, deleted messages will get deleted from the recipient’s chats. However, the chats will now display a “*your username* deleted a chat”.
- How To Delete Learned Words From Your Keyboard On Android
- How to Create, Record, and Share Your Snapchat Bitmoji Stories
- What Does the Lock Symbol Mean on Snapchat Stories?
- How To Fix No Camera Found In Google Meet
We hope this guide was helpful and you were able to delete messages on Snapchat. If you still have any queries regarding this article, then feel free to ask them in the comments section.