PlayStation and Xbox have revolutionized the gaming experience on devices such as TVs and desktops. The 3D experience that they provide is immaculate. Call of Duty is one such first-person shooting game extremely popular among users for its amazing graphics. The new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 is the third addition to the Black Ops franchise. Lately, gamers have reported seeing Black Ops 3 ABC error in PS4 on their screens. If you are also dealing with the same problem, you are at the right place. We bring a perfect guide to help you fix Black Ops 3 network error on PlayStation. So, without delaying any further, let us get into the reasons and solutions for the ABC error showing up.
Table of Contents
How to Fix Black Ops 3 ABC Error in PS4
If you are wondering why the Call of Duty Black Ops 3 server is not available on your system, then there might be a few reasons behind it. Let us unfold some prominent reasons behind the error:
- If your Internet is slow or is not connected to your gaming device, then the error while playing the game can be faced.
- Another reason behind it can be playing a game or connecting online while an update is ongoing on your gaming device.
- One of the other causes that have been seen to cause the ABC error is an interruption in services by the users or from the developer’s end.
- If the latest game update has not been done, it can also be the reason which is causing the ABC error in Black Ops 3.
Call of Duty Black Ops 3 server is not available for some users on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Thankfully, this issue can be resolved using simple methods that we will unravel in the coming paragraphs. Follow the methods below to solve the error and return to the gaming experience.
Method 1: Restart/Power Cycle Gaming Console
Another reason that can lead to Black Ops 3 ABC error in PS4 is a bug with your gaming console. To overcome it, you must restart your console. Follow the steps mentioned below to do them for your device.
1. Turn Off the power and unplug the wire from your console.
2. Hold the power button for 10 seconds.
3. After 5 minutes, plug in the wires again.
4. Turn on the console.
5. Wait for it to start and run the game.
Method 2: Restart Router
Error in your Internet connection’s IP configuration can be one reason ABC error is acting up for Black Ops 3. Hence, restoring it can bring the solution for you.
1. Find the Power button at the back of your router/modem.
2. Press the button once to turn it off.
3. Now, disconnect the Router/Modem power cable and wait until the power is entirely drained from the capacitors.
4. Reconnect the power cable and switch it on after a minute. Wait until the network connection is re-established and try signing in again.
Method 3: Update Game
It is important that you stay up to date with the new version of your game so that it does not cause the Black Ops 3 network error on PlayStation. To do so, follow the step-by-step instructions mentioned below:
1. Start Call of Duty Black Ops 3 on your gaming device.
2. Once the intro is over, do not press X, A, or Enter on the screen.
3. Wait for the numbers present at the top right corner of the screen to change.
4. When the numbers change, it indicates that the game has been updated. Now, press X, A, or Enter to play the game.
Method 4: Reset PlayStation
PlayStation data can sometimes become corrupt, which may cause the ABC error while playing the game. Hence, resetting PlayStation can help in overcoming the issue. Follow the steps mentioned below to try the same:
Note: The reset option will return all the PlayStation default settings.
1. Press the Power Button on the front panel of the PS4 to turn it off.
2. Hold the Power Button until two beeps are heard.
3. Connect your PS4 controller via USB to your PlayStation.
4. Now, press the PlayStation button on the controller.
5. Once you’re in safe mode, select Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software).
6. Confirm any prompts that appear and wait for the operation to be completed.
Check if Call of Duty Black Ops 3 server is not available in PlayStation issue persists or not.
Method 5: Contact PlayStation Support
If none of the above-stated methods works for you and you still see an ABC error on the screen, then you need to contact PlayStation support to get help and resolve Black Ops 3 network error in PlayStation issue. Visit the PlayStation Support on your browser or email your issue to email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. What is an ABC error?
Ans. ABC error in gaming consoles occurs due to the game being outdated. This error can be resolved by updating the new version of the game.
Q2. Does resetting the game console delete all the saved data?
Ans. Yes, if you reset your gaming console, you will lose all the saved settings and data.
Q3. On which platforms ABC error is common?
Ans. ABC error has been seen by PC, PlayStation, and Xbox users. The error can be due to the gaming console or the gaming device.
Q4. Is it safe to reset my PlayStation?
Ans. Yes, it is completely safe to reset your PlayStation. Although, resetting it can result in the stored data or settings getting deleted too.
Q5. Why isn’t my Black Ops 3 connecting online?
Ans. The reason behind Black Ops 3 not connecting online could be a weak Internet connection or Internet cables not working properly. Therefore, check the connection and wires carefully. If they seem fine, try restarting the modem again.
- 15 Best Galaxy Note 3 Custom ROMs
- Fix Apex Legends Anti Cheat Error in Windows 10
- Fix PS4 Controller Flashing White
- 10 Ways to Fix PS4 Keeps Turning Off
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix Black Ops 3 ABC error in PS4. Let us know which method worked the best for you. If you have any queries or suggestions, feel free to drop them in the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.