Being a major streaming platform for watching any media content, YouTube has grown to achieve its peak and in dominating the industry. A heartbreaking error message that is displayed whenever people try to view videos posted from other regions is this channel is not available in your country error. In this case, we are being hindered from watching the content. As this trusted platform hosts such videos exclusively, it is necessary to learn the methods to fix this video is unavailable in your country issue. So, if you are in a similar perplexing situation, you can find the methods and obtain answers to resolve content is not available in my region issue.
- How to Fix YouTube This Video is Unavailable in Your Country
- Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
- Method 2: Alterations in Web Browser
- Method 3: Use Alternative Options (For Web Browser)
- Method 4: Bypass Geographic Restrictions
- Method 5: Bypass YouTube Restrictions
- Method 6: Alter DNS of Network
- Method 7: Download YouTube Videos
- Method 8: Use Web Extensions
- Method 9: Use Alternative YouTube Bypass Options
The probable reasons for the error in streaming the YouTube video are as listed below in this section.
- Geo-fencing- The geographical restrictions or geo-fencing laid out by the YouTube platform may be the major reason.
- Legal Issues- The video may be blocked due to some legal rights or ownership issues. In addition, the video may be removed by the owner to comply with the licensing rights, government legal privacy, or local laws of the region. Along with these, the video might be blacklisted in your country.
- Ownership rights- The owner may have marked the video as a private video or set it to view for premium customers only.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
The issues that cause the error can be rectified by adopting some of the basic troubleshooting methods as given in this section.
1A. Refresh Webpage
As the first approach to fix the error, you can try refreshing the current webpage and then try streaming it again.
- Press the Ctrl+ R keys at the same time, or
- Click on the reload icon at the top-left corner next to the URL address bar.
1B. Refresh Web Browser
If the activity on the Web Browser is hung up, you can try restarting the web browser to fix this video is unavailable in your country issue.
1. Follow the instructions in the link provided here to force close the Google Chrome app running in the background.
2. Use the Windows Search bar at the bottom to search and open the Google Chrome app.
1C. Restart PC
Another approach to fix this channel is not available in your country issue by clearing all the suspended processes is by restarting your PC. You can read the methods to restart your PC using the link given here and then try streaming the content.
1D. Check Speed of Internet Connection
One of the most probable reasons for the content is not available in my region error is a poor and unstable Internet connection. For basic video streaming, it is required to have a minimum of 25 Mbps speed.
1. Open the Google Chrome app as stated earlier.
2. Open the Internet Speed test website and click on the GO button.
3. The result would get displayed for the Network connected to your PC.
4A. If the speed is above the mentioned value, it is fine to use the network for streaming.
4B. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network and try streaming the content.
1E. Fix Network Issues
If you are facing issues while using the network you are connected to and are not able to fix this video is unavailable in your country error, you can try fixing the Network connection. You can try following the instructions given in the guide using the link to fix the Network connectivity issues and then stream the content.
1F. Change Video Quality
At times, the higher video quality may be the major factor causing this content is unavailable in your country error. You can try changing the video quality of the stream to clear the issue.
1. Open the Google Chrome app using the Windows search bar at the bottom.
2. Open the YouTube website and play the desired video.
3. Click on the Settings option at the bottom and click on the Quality option.
4. Click on the required quality and refresh the webpage as said earlier.
Also Read: Fix YouTube TV Buffering Issue on Browser
Method 2: Alterations in Web Browser
Sometimes, the issue might arise due to some incorrect settings or configurations in the Web Browser. You can try the following methods to alter the misconfigured settings in the Google Chrome app.
Option I: Disable Hardware Acceleration (If Applicable)
Hardware acceleration is a feature that provides access to GPU for rendering videos and reducing GPU percentage. However, this may impend the functioning of the YouTube website or may slow down the functionality. For this purpose, it is best to disable this setting on the web browser while streaming the content to fix this video is unavailable in your country error.
1. As said earlier, open the Google Chrome app.
2. Click on the three vertical dots icon at the top and click on the Settings option.
3. Move to the System tab in the left pane, toggle off the Use hardware acceleration when applicable option and click on the Relaunch button.
Option II: Clear Chrome Cache
Corrupt cache and cookie settings may lead to this channel is not available in your country error; hence, you can try clearing them to fix the content is not available in my region error. Follow the instructions in the guide given here to learn the method to clear the cookies on the Google Chrome app.
Option III: Disable Web Extensions (If Applicable)
Though Web Extensions form a useful feature of the Google Chrome app, it is a hindering factor in watching YouTube videos without any disturbance. You can try disabling them on the web browser to fix the error.
1. Launch the Google Chrome app as said earlier.
2. Click on the three vertical dots icon at the top-right corner, move your cursor to the More tools option, and click on the Extensions option in the adjacent menu.
3. Toggle off all the web extensions individually and restart the web browser as mentioned earlier.
Option V: Enable Adobe Flash (If Applicable)
Adobe Flash is a web extension that has been effective in enhancing the speed and efficiency of websites by allowing the user to stream media content. To fix this content is unavailable in your country error; you can try enabling Adobe Flash on your web browser. Read the guide on enabling Adobe Flash to learn more about this option.
Option VI: Set Default Settings
Incorrect settings and configurations in the web browser may lead to this error and may lead to loss of potential information. To fix this channel is not available in your country error; you can try resetting the Google Chrome app.
1. Launch the Google Chrome app as said earlier.
2. Open the Settings page from the home page by following the instruction given earlier.
3. Navigate to the Reset and clean up tab in the left pane and click on the Restore settings to their original defaults option.
4. Click on the Reset settings button and wait till the settings are reset.
Option VII: Reinstall Google Chrome
If none of the methods work to fix this video is unavailable in your country issue with the web browser, you can try the last approach to reinstall the Google Chrome app on your PC to solve this content is unavailable in your country issue.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Here, click on Apps setting.
3. Now, navigate to and click on Google Chrome, and click Uninstall.
4. Click on Uninstall to confirm the process.
5. Click Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
6. Finally, click Uninstall to confirm the uninstallation of Google Chrome.
7. Now, press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
8. Here, type %localappdata% and press the Enter key.
9. Here, double-click on the Google folder to open it.
10. Locate and right-click on the Chrome folder and click Delete.
11. Again in the Run dialog box, type %appdata% and press the Enter key to open AppData Roaming folder.
12. Follow Steps 9 and 10 to delete the Chrome folder if there is any.
13. Finally, reboot the PC.
14. Open the computer browser, and visit the official Chrome website.
15. Click the Download Chrome button to download Chrome.
16. Run the setup file from the downloaded location and follow the on-screen instructions to install Chrome.
Also Read: Fix YouTube Error 400 in Google Chrome
Method 3: Use Alternative Options (For Web Browser)
If using the web browser, even with configured settings cannot fix the content is not available in my region issue, you can try using the alternate options given in this section.
Option I: Use Incognito Mode
At times, the regular mode of the Google Chrome app may not help in fixing the error. In this case, you can try using the Incognito mode of the web browser to see if the issue is resolved. You can follow the instructions in the link given here to learn the method to use the Incognito mode on the Google Chrome app.
Option II: Use Google Translate
Another potential workaround option to get the content that comes up and fix this video is unavailable in your country error is to use the Google Translate option.
1. As mentioned earlier, open the Google Chrome app.
2. Open the Google Translate website and paste the URL for the required video in a different language like German.
3. Click on URL at the right pane to view the video in the other language. This will help in bypassing the country restrictions and in loading links.
Option III: Use Different Web Browser
If the issue with the Google Chrome web browser is still unresolved, you can try using any other web browser to stream the content without this content is unavailable in your country error.
- Microsoft Edge: As this is majorly supported by the Windows platform, you may bypass the error.
- Tor Browser: The Tor browser keeps online activity completely anonymous and makes the IP address untraceable. However, you cannot select the country and it slows down your Internet Connection.
- Opera Browser: The Opera browser comes integrated with a free and unlimited VPN service to enable searching for content. For this purpose, you have to enable the VPN setting on the browser on the browser Settings page.
Method 4: Bypass Geographic Restrictions
Since this channel is not available in your country error mostly occurs due to geographic restrictions, commonly called geo-fencing, you can try using the options given here to bypass these restrictions and fix this video is unavailable in your country error.
Option I: Use VPN Service
As a common method of dealing with geographic restrictions, you can try changing your IP address using a VPN or Virtual Private Network. This would also help in bypassing the school-restricted and country-restricted content as the VPNs give you PIA or Private Internet Access. You can read our guide on various VPNs and the method to use them using the links provided here and then use them to help in streaming the content on YouTube.
Option II: Use Web Proxy Server
Similar to using a VPN service, you can use a free Web Proxy service to configure web browsers by masking your IP address. With the active proxy, you can stream the content on YouTube without the content is not available in my region error. You can check the link given here to get an idea of various proxies available in the market.
Using the address and Port number of any of the procured proxies, you can use the instructions given here to set up the proxy on your PC.
1. Hit the Windows key, search for change proxy settings, and press Enter key.
2. Toggle on the Use a proxy server option in the Manual proxy setup section. Enter the URL address and Port of the proxy server in the respective fields, and then click on the Save button.
Method 5: Bypass YouTube Restrictions
One of the methods that can be effective to fix this video is unavailable in your country error is by bypassing the restrictions imposed by the YouTube community. You can follow the methods given in this section to bypass the restrictions and stream the video.
Option I: Alter Region
As the YouTube restrictions are mainly based on the geographic location of your PC, you can try altering the region to fix this content is unavailable in your country error and then stream the content.
1. Press the Windows + I keys at the same time to open the Settings app and click on the Time & Language option.
2. Navigate to the Region tab and select the specific country in which you would like to watch using the drop-down menu in the Country or region section.
Option II: Alter YouTube URL Address
If the YouTube URL address comes with the keyword of watch, then you can tweak it as mentioned below to watch the content. This would make the platform believe that the content is not restricted in the particular streaming area and you can fix this channel is not available in your country error.
1. Open the Google Chrome app using the Windows search bar.
2. Open the YouTube website and click on your favorite content.
3. Click on the URL address at the address bar at the top and click on the position after the https://www.youtube.com/
4. Press the Delete key until the = sign is present in the URL address, type v/ after the mentioned position in the previous step, and press the Enter key.
Method 6: Alter DNS of Network
At times, the DNS or Domain Name System of the Network connection may be a hindering factor in viewing the content. You can try altering the DNS of the network to fix this video is unavailable in your country issue.
Option I: Alter DNS using SmartDNS Tool
The SmartDNS Tool has a list of DNS servers that provide access to various online entertainment channels. You can use any of the servers and change the address of the Internet connection manually to fix the content is not available in my region error and stream the content. Use the link given here to get more information about the DNS servers using the SmartDNS Tool.
Option II: Use Google DNS
One of the major reasons for the impending errors while streaming any content is the incompatibility with the main Google or Open server. You can try altering the DNS of the network to be the same as the Google DNS to fix the error. Read the instructions in the guide given here to learn the method to use Google DNS for Network connection.
Also Read: Fix YouTube TV Buffering Issue on Browser
Method 7: Download YouTube Videos
If you cannot stream the video or fix this content is unavailable in your country error on the YouTube platform, you can try downloading the video and watching it offline. However, it is to be noted that you have to use third-party applications for this purpose, and is not always safe.
Option I: Snappea
Snappea is a third-party online service that can help in downloading YouTube videos. Follow the instructions given below to download the video using the YouTube URL address to bypass and fix this video is unavailable in your country error.
1. Open the Google Chrome app as given earlier.
2. Open the official website of YouTube, stream the particular video and click on the URL address at the top. Select the entire URL address and press the Ctrl+ C keys together to copy it.
3. Press the Ctrl + T keys simultaneously to open a new tab and open the Snappea website.
4. In the field box, press the Ctrl+ V keys to paste the copied URL address and press the Enter key.
5. Wait till the video is processed and download the converted video as per the quality and file type required.
Option II: Freemake YouTube Video Downloader
Freemake YouTube Video Downloader is a software that is available for both Windows and Mac platforms. The notable feature of this app is that it gives you the ability to unlock and save unavailable YouTube videos with a proxy, thus making it ideal to fix this channel is not available in your country error. In addition, you can download videos from over 10000 sites and obtain output in HD and MP4 video formats.
Note: The method to download videos using the YouTube URL is similar to that discussed for Snappea service.
The following options will help in obtaining the YouTube videos by tweaking the URL address at the address bar.
Option III: SaveFrom
One of the most popular services that can be used to download the YouTube video, or to fix this video is unavailable in your country error, is the SaveFrom service.
1. Open the Google Chrome app as said earlier.
2. Open the YouTube website and play the content.
3. Click on the URL Address bar to edit it. Before the keyword, YouTube, and after the period, type ss and press the Enter key.
4. Select the required resolution and click on the Download button.
Option IV: y2mate
Another similar option to download the video regardless of the content is not available in my region error presence is the y2mate service.
1. Open the Google Chrome web browser as stated earlier.
2. Open the YouTube website, play the content, and bring the URL address to edit mode as said earlier.
3. At end of the keyword YouTube, type pp and press the Enter key.
4. Select the media content file type and click on the Download button of the required resolution.
Option V: ClipMega
If you would like to download the video without being redirected to any other page, you can use the Clipzag or Clipmega service to bypass this content is unavailable in your country error.
1. As said earlier, open the Google Chrome app.
2. Play the content on the YouTube platform and obtain the URL address in the edit mode as said earlier.
3. Replace the keyword youtube with clipmega and press the Enter key.
4. Click on the download icon in the redirected Clipzag page to download the video.
Method 8: Use Web Extensions
To access restricted videos and to fix this video is unavailable in your country error; you can add a few web extensions to the web browser as given below.
Option I: ProxFlow
ProxFlow is a free and simple extension that allows you to access sites with country restrictions.
1. Open the Google Chrome app as mentioned earlier.
2. Open the official website of Chrome Web Store to install the ProxFlow extension.
3. Click on the Add to Chrome button and wait till it is installed in your browser.
Option II: ProxTube (For Mozilla Firefox)
ProxTube is a Mozilla extension that uses an American server and can be used to bypass the YouTube restrictions or fix this channel is not available in your country error. This adds a button to the browser navigation toolbar that you can toggle between on and off. Use the link given here to install the ProxTube web extension.
Option III: Unblocker
The Unblocker extension helps in unblocking the region-blocked content sites inclusive of YouTube. You can use the link given here to add the extension to your web browser.
Also Read: Fix YouTube Picture in Picture Not Working
Method 9: Use Alternative YouTube Bypass Options
To bypass and fix this video is unavailable in your country error and watch the content, you can use any of the alternative options given in this section to watch the content.
Option I: Invidious YouTube
Being an alternative open-source project built on GitHub front-end to YouTube with no YouTube API, Invidious YouTube allows you to use the YouTube platform without any disturbance like content is not available in my region error. This lightweight platform is void of ads and tracking features making it suitable for uninterrupted streaming. In addition to this, the platform uses privacy features and you get the liberty to choose the available Invidious instances. You can access the Invidious YouTube platform using the link given here.
Option II: VideoHub
Similar to YouTube, the VideoHub app allows you to search and play videos. You can download the VideoHub app from the link given here.
Option III: Utreon
If you are looking for a website to browse content, you can use the Utreon website using the link given here. It provides a wide range of topics and categories to search for and stream the content.
- What is Microsoft Lists and What Is It Used For?
- How to Restrict YouTube on Android
- 14 Fixes for Cannot Login to YouTube on Windows 10/11
- How to Watch Blocked YouTube Videos
The article explains the methods to fix this video is unavailable in your country error. Kindly convey your valuable suggestions and queries to us using the comments section. In addition, please let us know which of these methods was effective in fixing this content is unavailable in your country issue.