Valorant is an amazing shooter game released in June 2020. Since its release, it has attracted thousands of gamers. Yet, like all games and apps, Valorant is not perfect in all cases. Few users have complained about graphics driver crashed Valorant issue on their Windows 10 PC. This is one of the most aggravating problems faced by users and it is most commonly caused by drivers on the device. Nevertheless, we have investigated more on the issue and collected a list of troubleshooting methods that will help you fix graphics driver crashed problem. So, continue reading!
How to Fix Valorant Graphics Driver Crashed in Windows 10
If you are vexed by the Graphics Driver Crashed issue in your Windows 10 computer, here are a few possible reasons why you must analyze them carefully to sort out the problem.
- PC does not meet the basic requirements of the game
- Some other background program is interfering with the game
- You are using an unverified version of drivers
- The graphics settings of the game are misconfigured
- Presence of Malware and Viruses
- The .NET framework and operating system are not updated to their latest version
- DirectX version is not up-to-date
- Any misconfigured or corrupt installation files of the game also cause the problem
- The DNS cache is corrupt on your PC
Here are a few possible Troubleshooting methods that will help you with Graphics Driver Crashed fix. Follow them as demonstrated in the same order for good results,
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Methods
Following are the basic troubleshooting methods you should follow before going through the advanced steps to fix the crashing issue.
1A. Check Game Requirements
You can read our guide on What are Valorant Laptop Requirements? to know about the game system requirements. Also, below we have shown the minimum and recommended system requirements.
Minimum System Requirements for Valorant (30 FPS). The Minimum spec created by Riot Games is intentional. It is to make the game available for all players. The Minimum specifications given below only provide you with a playability experience but not a great performance level.
Note: Riot is not offering official technical help for the game installed in Minimum spec.
|Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
|Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 (Intel), Athlon 200GE (AMD)
|Intel HD 4000, Radeon R5 200
|At least 10 GB
Recommended System Requirements for Valorant (60 FPS)
Check out the recommended PC requirements given below by Riot Games for Valorant 60 FPS.
|Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
|Intel i3-4150 (Intel), Ryzen 3 1200 (AMD)
|Geforce GT 730, Radeon R7 240
|At least 10 GB
1B. Run Compatibility Troubleshooter
Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant problem can stall the Riot client application in the loading process. If the Riot game program fails to launch in the stipulated time, the discussed problem will occur. Follow the below steps to run the compatibility Troubleshooter to check and fix this issue.
1. Hit the Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Navigate to the path where your Riot Games is installed. For Example;
E:\Valorant\Riot Games\Riot Client
Note: The above path is used for illustrations as an example. Please check your drive for the Riot Game application.
3. Locate the RiotClientServices application.
4. Right-click on RiotClientService and select the Troubleshoot compatibility option.
5. Once the Troubleshooter completes analyzing the issue, select the Troubleshoot Program option.
6. Select the problem you are facing and click Next.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions as per the issue selected in the previous window.
8. Once done, Restart your PC.
1C. Stop Overclocking
Every high-end computer is built with the option of Overclocking which helps in outputting more juice than your specifications that you already have. Running the graphics card or processor faster than the default speed refers to overclocking. When this happens, your computer will reach the maximum temperature after a particular time. The computer detects this and adjusts the clock speed to the normal speed until it is cooled down. It must be noted that all the games do not support overclocking. The same applies to Valorant. So, you must try disabling all overclocking on your computer and try launching the game. If it launches well, the issue is fixed.
1D. Remove Full-Screen Optimization
Some users suggested via Reddit that disabling full screen increases FPS on Valorant by a significant amount. Though it may not work for all, there is no harm to try it once as you never know you might get lucky. Follow these steps to attain Graphics Driver Crashed fix.
1. Open File Explorer by pressing the Windows + E keys.
2. Navigate to the given location path.
Note: Navigate to the path where the VALORANT.exe file is located.
3. Right-click on the VALORANT.exe file and select Properties.
4. Here, go to the Compatibility tab and enable Disable fullscreen optimizations checkbox under the Settings section.
5. Click Apply and then OK.
6. Run Valorant and hit the F11 key once for the Window screen.
Check if this method resolved Graphics Driver Crashed fix.
1E. Close All Background Apps
If you run any other advanced game in the background in addition to Valorant, this will lead to Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant. Several background apps consume a lot of CPU resources, and if you want to resolve it, you have to close all other background programs and applications as instructed in our guide How to End Task in Windows 10.
Also Read: How to Download Hextech Repair Tool
1F. Disable Proxy Server
Sometimes, with inappropriate network configurations on your Windows 10 computer, you will face Graphics Driver Crashed. If you have installed any VPN service or use proxy servers on your PC, read our guide on How to Disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10 and implement the steps as instructed in the article.
Check if you have fixed Graphics Driver Crashed fix error.
1G. Turn On Game Mode
The game mode option available on the PC is used to prioritize and improve the gaming experience and reduce unnecessary interruptions. The game mode gives priority access to resources for the games you are playing, while other background running applications get fewer resources. Therefore, follow the below steps to turn on the game mode to optimize the play in games.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
2. Click on the Gaming setting.
3. Select the Game mode option in the left pane and turn on the Game Mode toggle.
4. Once the Game mode is enabled on your PC, relaunch the Valorant.
1H. Edit In-Game Graphics Settings
Sometimes irrelevant graphics settings in the Valorant game can cause Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issues. Implement the steps to change Valorant settings.
1. Press the Windows key, type Valorant and click on Open.
2. Open the Settings page. Select the Video tab from the top menu bar.
Note: If the game starts without any homepage. Then press the Esc key to open the Settings page.
3. Under the Video section, select Graphics Quality and set all the necessary changes by referring to the table given below.
- Multithreaded Rendering – ON
- Anisotropic filtering – 1x
- Anti-Aliasing – None
- VSync – Off
- Material – Low or Med
- Detail – Low or Med
- UI Quality – Low or Med
- Texture – Low or Med
- Clarity – Off
- Shadows – Off
- Bloom – Off
- Distortions – Off
4. Once all the above-mentioned graphic settings are changed, close the Valorant game and relaunch it. Then, experiment with the game and check if the issue is resolved or not.
Also Read: Fix Overwatch FPS Drops Issue
1I. Lower Game Resolution
To change the Valorant graphics settings, change the resolution within the Valorant game. Implement the steps given below to perform Graphics Driver Crashed on Valorant.
1. Launch the Valorant game and open Settings as done in the previous method.
2. Select the Video tab from the top menu bar.
3. Then, select the General option under the Video section.
4. Click on the Resolution dropdown arrow and reduce the resolution rate as you wish.
Note: Do not set the resolution too low as they provide very poor-quality graphics.
1J. Update Windows
If there are any bugs in your PC, they can only be fixed after a Windows update. Microsoft releases regular updates to fix all these bugs thereby fixing Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issue. Hence, ensure if you have updated your Windows Operating System and if any updates are pending in action, use our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update
After updating your Windows Operating System, check whether you can access the game without any issues.
1K. Run Malware Scan
The presence of a virus or malware attack will result in gaming problems on your computer. If in case, the virus attack is very severe, you cannot connect to any online game continuously at all. To resolve the problem, you have to remove the virus or malware completely from your Windows 10 computer. You are advised to scan your computer as instructed in our guide How do I Run a Virus Scan on my Computer?
Also, check our guide on How to Remove Malware from your PC in Windows 10 if you want to remove the malware. Once you have removed all the viruses from your computer, connect to your game and check if you face Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant again.
Method 2: Adjust Windows Appearance and Performance
Here is how to fix Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant by adjusting the appearance and performance of your computer.
1. Press the Windows key, type Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows and click on Open as shown.
2. Enable the Adjust for best performance option as shown.
3. Click on Apply and then OK to save the changes.
Once done, play a test game and see if Graphics Driver Crashed fix without any issues.
Method 3: Clear DNS Cache
DNS or domain system name acts as a translator between machine and human. It turns the website or domain name you visit into an IP address to make the machine understand it. While using the Internet, it often crops the IP addresses automatically, increasing its cache. These caches restrict the DNS loading, which thus impacts the Riot games. Once these caches are cleared, it removes the old and outdated data. Read our guide on How to Flush and Reset DNS Cache in Windows 10 to do the same.
Check if you have fixed Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issue.
Also Read: How to Fix Valorant FPS Drops
Method 4: Use Google DNS
Domain Name System (DNS) helps your computer establish a network connection between the client and server sides. Many technical experts have suggested that using Google DNS addresses helped them to perform Graphics Driver Crashed fix. To do so, follow our guide on How to change DNS settings in Windows 10.
Method 5: Update GPU Drivers
Graphical drivers help heavy graphical images and video processing applications simplify their tasks. If you face any launching conflicts while launching the game like Valorant, make sure you use an updated version of device drivers, as they serve as a link between the hardware and Operating System of your PC. Many users have suggested that updating drivers have Graphics Driver Crashed fix. Read and implement the steps instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 to do so.
Method 6: Roll Back Graphics Drivers
Sometimes, the current version of graphics drivers may cause any launching conflicts and, in this case, you have to restore previous versions of installed drivers. This process is called Rollback of drivers and you can easily roll back your computer drivers to their previous state by following our guide How to Rollback Drivers on Windows 10.
Save your changes and check if you got Graphics Driver Crashed fix on Windows 10.
Method 7: Reinstall GPU Driver
If you still face Graphics Driver Crashed fix after updating your GPU drivers, then reinstall device drivers to fix any incompatibility issues. You can easily reinstall Graphical drivers as instructed in our guide How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10.
Method 8: Update .NET Framework
.NET framework in Windows 10 computer is essential for uninterrupted service of modern apps and games. Many games have an auto-update feature for the .NET framework, and thus it will be updated automatically whenever an update is available. In another case, if an update prompts in your PC, you can manually install the latest version of the .NET framework, as discussed below, to fix Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issue.
1. Check for new updates for .NET framework from the official Microsoft website.
2. If there are any updates, click Download .NET Framework 4.8 Runtime option.
Note: Do not click on Download .NET Framework 4.8 Developer Pack as it is used by software developers.
3. Go to My downloads, and double-click on the setup file to run the downloaded file.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the .NET framework successfully on your Windows PC. Once done, check if you have fixed the discussed issue or not.
Also Read: Fix Runtime Error C++ on Windows 10
Method 9: Update DirectX
To enjoy a seamless multimedia experience on Valorant, you have to make sure whether DirectX is installed, and it is updated to its latest version. DirectX helps you improve the visual media experience for graphical games and applications especially. It is worth updating DirectX needed for this game.
1. Press Windows + R keys simultaneously to launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type dxdiag, then press the Enter key to open DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
3. The following screen will be displayed on the screen when your Windows 10 PC already contains DirectX 12.
4. If you do not have DirectX 12 in your system, download and install it from the official website by following the on-screen instructions.
Note: The Microsoft DirectX® End-User Runtime installs several runtime libraries from the legacy DirectX SDK for some games that use D3DX9, D3DX10, D3DX11, XAudio 2.7, XInput 1.3, XACT, and Managed DirectX 1.1. This package does not modify the DirectX Runtime installed on your Windows OS in any way.
5. After installing DirectX, check if the issue occurs again.
Note: Ensure the Check for WHQL digital signatures box is checked in System tab and in all tabs, check whether WHQL Logo’d is set to Yes.
Method 10: Reset Graphics Card
The NVIDIA control panel and AMD Catalyst Center will create graphics profiles that will override with the settings of the game. This causes Graphics Driver Crashed issue. Yet, you can Graphics Driver Crashed fix by resetting the graphics card as demonstrated below.
Note: The below steps are performed for NVIDIA control panel. Follow the steps for Catalyst Control Center accordingly. (Select Preferences and click on Restore Factory Defaults)
1. Launch the Run dialog box.
2. Type control in the given field and press Enter key to open the Control Panel settings window.
3. Set View by > Large icons, then click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
4. Click on Manage 3D settings.
5. Now, click on Restore Defaults.
Method 11: Reinstall Riot Vanguard
If none of the solutions above helped you, the final way is to reinstall the application. Follow the instructions closely to do it.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
2. Click on Apps setting.
3. Scroll down and select Riot Vanguard.
4. Click on Uninstall.
5. Again, click Uninstall in the pop-up.
6. Click Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
7. Now, click Yes to confirm the uninstallation.
8. Similarly, search for Valorant and install it.
9. Type %localappdata% in the Windows search bar and open the Local folder.
10. Right-click the Riot games folder and select Delete.
11. Similarly, delete the VALORANT folder.
12. Again, type %appdata% in the Windows search bar and open it.
13. Click on Riot games and Valorant folders, and delete them.
14. Once done, restart the PC.
15. Then, install the game again. Read our guide on how to download Valorant on PC.
Now, you will not face Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issue.
Also Read: Fix Valorant Val 43 Error in Windows 10
Method 12: Contact Valorant Support
Contact your ISP or Internet Service Provider and inform them about your struggles with connecting to the Valorant game. Routing issues can impact your network and lead to the discussed problem, which requires ISP assistance. If your network is working perfectly fine, the last way you have at hand is to contact the Riot Support Center.
1. Go to the Valorant Support webpage in your web browser.
2. Here, Choose a request type from the drop-down menu.
3. Enter the Required details in the form given.
4. Finally, click on SUBMIT.
5. Wait until the team responds for Graphics Driver Crashed fix.
- Fix Parse Error on Input $ on Android
- What to Do If Roblox Account is Deleted?
- Fix League of Legends Error 004 in Windows 10
- How to Restart Valorant Riot Client in Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you could fix Graphics Driver Crashed Valorant issue on your Windows PC. Let us know which method worked for you the best. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below.