Valorant is a recently emerged FPS tactical shooter game developed and released by Riot Games. While playing the game, many users have experienced Valorant FPS drop. This issue happens when your PC does not meet the game requirements. If you are also one of them, we bring to you a perfect guide that will teach you how to fix Valorant FPS drops issue. Also, it will help you to learn about Valorant FPS settings and increase Valorant FPS.
- How to Fix Valorant FPS Drops
- Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
- Method 2: End Background Apps
- Method 3: Change System Power Plan
- Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
- Method 5: Turn On Game Mode
- Method 6: Turn Off Xbox Game Bar
- Method 7: Disable Skins with Effects
- Method 8: Edit In-Game Graphics Settings
- Method 9: Reduce Mouse Polling Rate
- Method 10: Lower Game Resolution
- Method 11: Edit GameUserSettings
- Method 12: Adjust the Windows Appearance and Performance
- Method 13: Deactivate the Game DVR Feature
- Method 14: Remove Full-Screen Optimization
- Method 15: Update Windows
- Method 16: Reinstall Valorant
How to Fix Valorant FPS Drops
Before that, what do you think caused low FPS problem? Read the answers listed below, which significantly impacted the frame rate drops in Valorant. They are
- If you have not installed the recent updates of Windows.
- Due to resource-eating apps running in the background.
- Because of outdated and corrupted graphic drivers.
- If your power plan is in battery-saving mode.
- Due to irrelevant Valorant graphics settings, resolution, and special skin effects on the game.
- If you are using a gaming mouse with a high polling rate.
- If the installed game file is corrupted.
Try all the methods one by one till you make max FPS Valorant and Valorant FPS boost.
Method 1: Perform Clean Boot
A clean boot is a method to troubleshoot and identify if any third-party application is interfering in the background and causing an issue with your game. As none of the above methods worked, this method is your last straw to perform Valorant FPS boost. Therefore, follow the steps one by one mentioned below to perform a clean boot on your laptop and fix Valorant val 43 error as well as FPS drops issue..
1. Press the Windows + R keys simultaneously and open the Run dialog box.
2. Now, type msconfig and click OK.
3. Navigate to the Service tab, uncheck on the Hide all Microsoft services box and select Disable all on the right side of the window as shown.
4. Then, navigate to Startup and click on Open Task Manager.
5. Select the unnecessary programs and click Disable.
6. After all the steps, reboot your PC and open the Valorant game. Test play the game and see if the problem with the FPS drop is resolved.
Method 2: End Background Apps
All the applications running background are resource-hungry, which eats up the system resources. It provokes and reduces FPS on the Valorant. Therefore, it is recommended to close all the needless programs running in the background to max FPS Valorant. Follow the steps to do the same.
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys simultaneously and open the Task manager option as shown.
2. Right-click on the program you want to remove and select the End task option as highlighted.
Note: Google Chrome is used as an example here.
3. Repeat the same process to remove each application’s running background.
After closing all the background apps, restart the Valorant Riot Client and test play it. Now, check if this is the culprit behind the Valorant FPS drop issue.
Also Read: How to Download Hextech Repair Tool
Method 3: Change System Power Plan
High performance is an imperative factor while playing games. It can be frustrating if your PC causes trouble in performing the game in the desired way, especially for FPS tactical shooter games like Valorant, where every shot is essential. To improve the power performance in your system and learn how to increase Valorant FPS on laptop, implement the steps mentioned below one by one.
1. Hit the Windows key and select the Settings icon.
2. Locate and select the System option as highlighted on the Settings window.
3. Select the Power and Sleep in the left pane.
4. Then, click on the Additional power settings as shown under Related settings.
5. Then, select the Create a power plan option as illustrated on the Power Options windows.
6. Now, select the High performance button on the Create a power plan page and click Next to proceed further.
7. Choose the required options on the Edit Plan Settings and click the Create button to complete the changes to boost the performance.
Once your PC power option is created with high performance, launch the Valorant game and test play it to check if the FPS drop issue is fixed.
Method 4: Update Graphics Driver
The graphics driver is the program that controls the other graphic components or hardware of your PC. It is imperative to keep these graphic drivers updated for maximum computer performance. If these drivers are outdated or have any corrupt graphics, they impact Valorant and cause its FPS to drop on your Windows. To update the drivers, follow the steps.
1. Hit the Windows key, type Device Manager and click on Open.
2. Double-click the Display adapters on the main panel to expand it.
3. Now, right-click on the video card driver (e.g. Intel(R) HD Graphics) and click Update driver.
4. Now, click on Search automatically for drivers.
5A. If the driver is outdated, it will automatically be updated to its latest version.
5B. If they are already in an updated stage, the screen displays the following message, The best drivers for your device are already installed.
6. Click Close and restart the PC.
7. Relaunch the Valorant game and check if the Valorant FPS drop issue is fixed.
Also Read: Fix Overwatch FPS Drops Issue
Method 5: Turn On Game Mode
The game mode option available on the PC is used to prioritize and improve the gaming experience and reduce unnecessary interruptions. The game mode gives priority access to resources for the games you are playing, while other background running applications get fewer resources. Therefore, follow the below steps to turn on the game mode to optimize the play in games.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Settings.
2. Locate the Gaming option as illustrated below in system settings.
3. Select the Game mode option in the left pane and turn on the Game Mode toggle.
4. Once the Game mode is enabled on your PC, relaunch the Valorant.
Method 6: Turn Off Xbox Game Bar
Sometimes, the Xbox Game bar might cause FPS drops in games. Valorant isn’t exceptional for this issue. Therefore, follow the below steps to turn off the Xbox Game Bar.
1. Press the Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Locate the Gaming option as illustrated below in system settings.
3. Turn off the Enable Xbox Game Bar.
Also Read: Fix League of Legends Frame Drops
Method 7: Disable Skins with Effects
The following method in how to increase Valorant FPS on laptop is disabling skin effects. Skins are the most attractive features. It makes you feel special and unique in every combat. These skins with special effects obviously load your graphics card and drop the FPS rate. In this case, try disabling the fancy skins and see if you can rectify the issue.
Method 8: Edit In-Game Graphics Settings
Sometimes irrelevant graphics settings in the Valorant game can cause the FPS to drop. Implement the steps to change Valorant FPS settings and max FPS Valorant.
1. Press the Windows key. Type Valorant and open it.
2. Open Settings page. Select the Video tab from the top menu bar.
Note: If the game starts without any homepage. Then press the Esc key to open the Settings page.
3. Under the Video section, select Graphics Quality and set all the necessary changes by referring to the table given below.
- Multithreaded Rendering – ON
- Anisotropic filtering – 1x
- Anti-Aliasing – None
- Vsync – Off
- Material – Low or Med
- Detail – Low or Med
- UI Quality – Low or Med
- Texture – Low or Med
- Clarity – Off
- Shadows – Off
- Bloom – Off
- Distortions – Off
4. Once all the above-mentioned graphic settings are changed, close the Valorant game and relaunch it. Then, experiment with the game and check if low FPS issue is disappeared.
Method 9: Reduce Mouse Polling Rate
A gaming mouse with a high polling rate on the game setting can be responsible for low Valorant FPS settings issue. Thus, it is recommended to open the mouse software set the report rate or polling rate to 500Hz on its settings to perform Valorant FPS boost.
Method 10: Lower Game Resolution
To change the Valorant graphics settings, change the resolution within the Valorant game. Implement the steps given below to improve Valorant FPS settings.
1. Launch the Valorant game and open Settings as done earlier.
2. Select the Video tab from the top menu bar.
3. Then, select the General option under the Video section.
4. Click on the Resolution dropdown arrow and reduce the resolution rate as you wish.
Note: Don’t set the resolution too low as they provide very poor-quality graphics.
Method 11: Edit GameUserSettings
You can edit the game user settings manually from the local app data folder to perform Valorant FPS boost.
1. Hit the Windows key, type %localappdata%, and click on Open.
2. Scroll down and double-click on the Valorant folder.
3. Double-click on the Saved folder.
4. Then, double-click on the Config folder.
5. Here, open the first folder which contains the GameUserSetting.
6. Next, double-click on the Windows folder.
7. Double-click on the GameUserSettings configuration settings file.
8. Scroll down to the bottom, edit and set the following values under ScalabilityGroups
sg.ResolutionQuality=100.000000 sg.ViewDistanceQuality=0 sg.AntiAliasingQuality=0 sg.ShadowQuality=0 sg.PostProcessQuality=0 sg.TextureQuality=0 sg.EffectsQuality=0 sg.FoliageQuality=0 sg.ShadingQuality=0
Note: You can reduce the sg.ResolutionQuality further to increase Valorant FPS.
9. Hit the Ctrl + S keys simultaneously to save the changes and close the file.
10. Finally, launch the Valorant game.
Method 12: Adjust the Windows Appearance and Performance
Here is how to fix Valorant FPS drops by adjusting the appearance and performance.
1. Press the Windows key, type Adjust Windows Appearance and Performance and click Open.
2. Enable the Adjust for best performance option as shown.
3. Now, click Apply and then OK to save the changes.
4. Once done, play a test game and see if Valorant FPS performs well.
Method 13: Deactivate the Game DVR Feature
Game DVR is a feature created for Xbox applications to take screenshots and record gameplay. This feature is specifically designed for Xbox and thus could be responsible for triggering the FPS drop on Valorant. To resolve it, implement the steps given and deactivate the Game DVR feature on your PC.
1. Press Windows + R keys together to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit on the dialog box and hit Enter key to open the Registry Editor window.
3. Click Yes in the User Account Control prompt.
4. On the Registry Editor page, navigate to the path as depicted.
4. Double-click on the GameDVR_Enabled option on the GameConfigStore folder.
5. Then, on the Edit DWORD Value pop-up, change the Value data to 0 and click OK to save the changes.
6. Now, double-click the GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode option. Change the Value data to 0 on the pop-up and click OK to save the changes.
7. Again, go to the path
8. Double-click on the Value option. Set Value data to 0 on the Edit DWORD pop-up and click OK to finalize the changes.
9. Once all the above steps are done to disable the Game DVR, close the Registry Editor windows. Restart your PC and check if the low FPS issue on the Valorant game is fixed.
Method 14: Remove Full-Screen Optimization
Some users suggested via Reddit that disabling full screen increases FPS on Valorant by a significant amount. Though it may not work for all, there is no harm to try it once as you never know you might get lucky. Follow these steps to perform Valorant FPS boost.
1. Open File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys.
2. Navigate to the given path
Note: Navigate to the path where the Valorant.exe file is located.
2. Right-click on the Valorant.exe file and select Properties.
3. Here, go to the Compatibility tab and enable Disable fullscreen optimization checkbox under the Settings section.
4. Now, click Apply and then OK to finalize the changes.
5. Now, run Valorant and hit the F11 key once for the windowed screen. Check if this method boosted your FPS drop
Note: Hit the F11 key twice to use full-screen mode.
Method 15: Update Windows
For issues with respect to performance, the first thing you should check is if any updates are available for software. It is necessary to keep your system software up to date and keep Valorant FPS boosted. Follow the steps to do the same and perform Valorant FPS boost.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to launch Settings.
2. Click on the Update & Security tile, as shown.
3. In the Windows Update tab, click on Check for updates button.
4A. If a new update is available, then click Install Now and follow the instructions to update.
4B. Otherwise, if the Windows is up-to-date, then it will show You’re up to date message.
Method 16: Reinstall Valorant
Sometimes, you might have installed corrupted game files, leading to this issue. Therefore, you can reinstall the game. But there is no need to uninstall the game completely to reinstall.
1. Visit the Valorant official download page.
2. Download the game and run the installer application. This will overwrite the old version of the game.
3. Restart your PC and play the game.
- Fix 0xC00D36D5 No Cameras are Attached in Windows 10
- What are Valorant Laptop Requirements?
- How to Check Battery Health on Android
- How to Play Chess Titans on Windows 10
We hope that this guide was helpful and you are able to know how to fix Valorant FPS drops issue. Let us know which method worked for you best. If you have any queries or suggestions, please drop them in the comments section. Let us know what you want to learn about next.