When it comes to working on systems, we need to make sure that the system’s screen resolution is perfect. It is a screen resolution setting that finally facilitates the better display of images and text on your screen. Usually, we do not need to change the screen resolution settings because Windows by default set the best resolution possible. But sometimes you need to install the display drivers for better display settings. It is all about your preferences and at times when you want to play a game or install some software that requires changes in screen resolution, you should know about changing the screen resolution. This post will discuss the complete guide of adjusting your display setting, which includes screen resolution, colour calibration, display adapter, text size, etc.
Why is Screen Resolution Important?
When you set a higher resolution, the images and text on screen look sharper and fits the screen. On the other hand, if you set a lower resolution, the image and text look larger on the screen. Did you understand what we are trying to say here?
The importance of screen resolution depends on your requirement. If you want your text and images appear larger on the screen, you should lower the resolution of your system, and vice versa.
2 Ways to Change Screen Resolution in Windows 10
Note: Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
Method 1: Right-Click And Choose Display Setting
Earlier we used to find screen resolution option, but now it is renamed with “Display Setting”. Screen resolution settings are pinned under the display setting.
1. Go to your Desktop then right-Click and choose Display Settings from the options.
2. By clicking on this option, you will see a display setting panel to make changes in the screen’s text size and brightness. By scrolling down, you will get the option of “Resolution”.
3. Here, you can make the changes as per your requirement. However, you need to understand that the lower the resolution, the larger the content will be displayed on the screen. You will get the option to choose the one that fits your requirement.
4. You will get a confirmation message box on your screen asking you to save the current resolution changes to revert. If you want to go ahead with the changes in screen resolutions, you can click on “Keep Changes” option.
That’s it you have successfully Change the Screen Resolution in Windows 10 but if for some reason you can’t access this method then follow method 2 as an alternative.
Note: It is important to keep recommended screen resolution unless you want to change it for playing a game or a software demands change.
How to change Color Calibration on your system
If you want to make some changes in the colour calibration setting, you can make it per your preferences. However, it is strongly recommended that by default, Windows sets everything perfect for you. However, you have the control to adjust all these settings as per your preferences.
1. Type Calibrate Display Color in Windows search bar.
2. Select the Option and follow the instructions to make the changes as per your preferences.
If you want a step-by-step guide to Calibrate display colours in Windows, then follow this guide: How to Calibrate your Monitor Display Color in Windows 10
Method 2: Change Screen Resolution in Windows 10 using Graphics Card Control Panel
If you have installed a graphics driver on your system, you can opt for another option to change your screen’s resolution.
1. Right-click on the Desktop and select “Graphics Properties” if you have installed Intel Graphics or click on NVIDIA Control Panel.
2. If you are in Intel Graphics, it will launch a panel to find complete details about the screen resolutions and other settings to change as per your requirements.
Above mentioned two methods would help you to change the screen resolutions of your PC. However, it is highly recommended that you do not make changes in screen resolutions frequently until you need to do. Windows by default give you the best selection for usage, so you need to keep that recommended settings instead of making changes. In case you are tech-savvy and know what you are doing and how it will impact your system performance, you can follow the steps and make the changes in screen resolution to get the settings optimized for your specific purpose. Hopefully, you will now be able to make the screen resolution settings change as per your preferences.
- Compress Video Files Without Losing Quality 
- How to Start Private Browsing in your Favorite Browser
- 4 Ways to Disable Startup Programs in Windows 10
- How to Change Default OS in Dual-Boot Setup
I hope the above steps were helpful and now you can easily Change Screen Resolution in Windows 10, but if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.