If you have NVIDIA Graphic Card installed on your PC, then chances are you are already familiar with NVIDIA Control Panel which let you manage and configure graphics settings for your PC such as 3D settings, PhysX configuration etc. But what would happen if you won’t be able to access or open the NVIDIA Control Panel? In that case, you won’t be able to change or configure graphics card settings, which leads to incorrect graphics configuration.
- Why is NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10?
- Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10
- Method 1: Easily Unhide NVIDIA Control Panel
- Method 2: Restart Several Nvidia Services
- Method 3: Update Graphic Card Drivers
- Method 4: Uninstall Nvidia completely from your system
- Method 5: Use Display Driver Uninstaller
- Method 6: Update your Drivers from NIVIDA website
- Method 7: Kill NVIDIA Processes
- Method 8: Open NVIDIA Control Panel Manually
- Method 9: Fix NVIDIA Control Panel not Opening
Why is NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10?
Users have reported that they cannot find the Nvidia Control Panel or the NVIDIA Control Panel is missing entirely from their system try or control panel. This issue’s main cause seems to be Windows Update or Upgrade, which makes the graphics drivers incompatible with the new update. But the issue could also be because of outdated drivers, or corrupt NVIDIA Control Panel.
Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10
Note: Make sure to create a restore point just in case something goes wrong.
If you can’t find the NVIDIA Control Panel in Windows 10, then you won’t be able to adjust NVIDIA graphics preferences which means certain apps such as Adobe After Effects, premier pro, etc. and your favourite PC games won’t work as expected because of this issue. But don’t worry as you could easily unhide your NVIDIA Control Panel and if this didn’t work, you could always reinstall it to fix the issue. So without wasting any time let’s see How to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10 with the help of the below-listed troubleshooting guide.
Method 1: Easily Unhide NVIDIA Control Panel
1. Press Windows Key + R then type control and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
2. Now from View by drop-down, select Large icons then under Control Panel select NVIDIA Control Panel.
3. Once the NVIDIA panel opens, click on View or Desktop from the menu and click on Add Desktop Context Menu to checkmark it.
4.Right-click on your desktop and you would see that the NVIDIA control panel re-appears.
Method 2: Restart Several Nvidia Services
1. Press Windows Key + R then type services.msc and hit Enter.
2. Now, you find the following NVIDIA services:
NVIDIA Display Container LS
NVIDIA LocalSystem Container
NVIDIA NetworkService Container
NVIDIA Telemetry Container
3. Right-click on NVIDIA Display Container LS then selects Properties.
4. Click on Stop then select Automatic from Startup type drop-down. Wait for a few minutes then again click on Start to start the particular service.
5. Repeat step 3 & 4 for all the other remaining services of NVIDIA.
See if you’re able to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10, if not, then follow the next method.
Method 3: Update Graphic Card Drivers
1.Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit enter to open Device Manager.
2. Next, expand Display adapters and right-click on your Nvidia Graphic Card and select Enable.
3. Once you have done this again, right-click on your graphics card and select “Update Driver Software.”
4. Select “Search automatically for updated driver software” and let it finish the process.
5. If the above step could fix your problem, then outstanding, if not then continue.
6. Again select “Update Driver Software” but this time on the next screen select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
7. Now select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.”
8. Finally, select the latest driver from the list and click Next.
9. Let the above process finish and restart your PC to save changes.
After updating Graphics drivers, you may be able to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10.
Method 4: Uninstall Nvidia completely from your system
Boot your PC in Safe Mode then follow these steps:
1. Press Windows Key + R then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
2. Expand Display adapters then right-click on your NVIDIA graphic card and select Uninstall.
2. If asked for confirmation, select Yes.
3. Press Windows Key + R then type control and hit Enter to open Control Panel.
4. From Control Panel, click on Uninstall a Program.
5. Next, uninstall everything related to Nvidia.
6. Reboot your system to save changes and again download the setup.
7. Once you are sure that you have removed everything, try installing the drivers again and check if you’re able to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing issue or not.
Method 5: Use Display Driver Uninstaller
If nothing helps until now, you could use Display Driver Uninstaller to completely remove the graphics drivers. Make sure to boot into Safe Mode then uninstall the drivers. Then again restart your PC and install latest NVIDIA drivers from the manufacturer’s website.
Method 6: Update your Drivers from NIVIDA website
1. First of all, you should know what graphics hardware you have, i.e. which Nvidia graphics card you have, don’t worry if you don’t know about it as it can be easily find.
2. Press Windows Key + R and in the dialog box type dxdiag and hit enter.
3. After that search for the display tab (there will be two display tabs one for the integrated graphics card and another one will be of Nvidia’s) click on the Display tab and find out your graphics card.
4. Now go to the Nvidia driver download website and enter the product details we just find out.
5. Search your drivers after inputting the information, click Agree and download the drivers.
6. After successful download, install the driver, and you have successfully updated your Nvidia drivers manually. This installation will take some time, but you will have successfully updated your driver after that.
Method 7: Kill NVIDIA Processes
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager and then find any running NVIDIA process:
NVIDIA Backend (32 bit) NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVIDIA Network service (32 bit) NVIDIA Settings NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
2. Right-click on each of them one by one and select End Task.
3. Now navigate to the following path:
4. Find the following files then right-click on them and select Delete:
5. Now navigate to the following directories:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\
6. Delete any file under the above two folders and then reboot your PC to save changes.
7. Again run the NVIDIA installer and this time select “Custom” and checkmark “perform a clean installation.”
8. This time you would be able to complete the installation, so this should have Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10.
Method 8: Open NVIDIA Control Panel Manually
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager then find Nvidia Container in the list.
2. Right-click on Nvidia Container and select Open File Location from the context menu.
3. Once you click on Open File Location, you would be taken to this location:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer
4. Make sure to click on back button to navigate to NVIDIA Corporation folder:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation
5. Double-click on Control Panel Client folder and find nvcplui.exe.
6. Right-click on nvcplui.exe and select Run as administrator.
See if you’re able to Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10, if not then continue with the next method.
Method 9: Fix NVIDIA Control Panel not Opening
1. Navigate to the following location:
C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Display.NvContainer
2. Right-click on NVDisplay.Container.exe and select Copy.
3. Press Windows Key + R then type shell:startup and hit Enter.
4. Once you hit Enter, you would be taken to the following location:
5. Right-click in an empty area inside the Startup folder and select Paste Shortcut.
6. Now right-click on NVDisplay.Container.exe shortcut and select Properties.
7. Switch to Shortcut tab then click on the Advanced button and checkmark “Run as Administrator“.
8. Similarly switch to Compatibility tab then again checkmark “Run this program as an Administrator”.
9. Click Apply, followed by OK to save changes.
- Fix Microsoft Compatibility Telemetry High Disk Usage in Windows 10
- Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43)
- Fix System icons not showing on Windows 10 Taskbar
- Ethernet Not Working in Windows 10 [SOLVED]
That’s it you have successfully Fix NVIDIA Control Panel Missing in Windows 10 but if you still have any questions regarding this tutorial then feel free to ask them in the comment’s section.