VPN and Proxy tools are great to prevent your internet connection from getting exposed to malicious activity such as data stealing, cyber-attacks & hacking. However, these very tools can be the very reasons to generate issues with the operating system, installed applications, and other vital Windows OS processes. In this article, we will take a look at the steps explaining how to disable VPN and proxy on Windows 10 as well as on Windows 7.
How to Disable VPN & Proxy on Windows 10
Following are some reasons to disable the VPN and proxy tools on your Windows PC:
- They may slow down the internet connection.
- Your system may experience some network connectivity issues.
- Windows processes such as system updates may get erroneous and may not function properly.
- Proxy firewalls are not compatible will all the network protocols present on your system. This drawback can spring up configuration errors on your system.
So to avoid the current and foreseeable issues, follow the upcoming methods to disable VPN and proxy on your Windows 7, 8, or 10 desktop/laptop.
Method 1: Disable VPN
Virtual Private Networks are used to prevent data stealing from a private network, and it is used as a gateway between the client and the server. Sometimes, using VPN servers might cause issues with certain applications and processes. Here’s how to disable VPN on Windows 10:
1. Hit the Windows key and type VPN settings in the search bar. Then, click Open as shown.
2. In the Settings window, click the VPN tab from the left pane.
3. Toggle off the following VPN options under Advanced Options:
- Allow VPN over metered networks
- Allow VPN while roaming
Also Read: How to set up a VPN on Windows 10
Method 2: Disable Proxy
To disable Proxy on Windows 10, here are a few simple instructions you should follow diligently:
1. Hit the Windows button and type Proxy as highlighted below. Now, open Change proxy settings from the search results by clicking on it.
3. Here, toggle off the following settings:
- Automatically detect settings
- Use setup script
- Use a proxy server
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is it mandatory to use VPN all the time?
Ans. Yes, you should consider using a VPN whenever connected to public server networks and accessing risky websites. However, as depicted in this article, you can disable VPN if it does not configure properly with your system or gives other system and process errors.
Q2. Is it legal to use proxy servers?
Ans. Yes, it is legal, and proxy servers are best to use when working from a remote location to access a specific network. It also keeps your connection and data safe from malicious content while accessing the network from other regions or countries.
- How to Uninstall and Reinstall Drivers on Windows 10
- Top 9 Free Proxy Software For Windows 10
- How to Fix Netflix Error UI3010
- Top 10 Best Torrent Websites
So after following these methods, you will know how to disable VPN and Proxy on Windows 10. Please let us know your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.