The live streaming industry is booming and is expected to bring more numbers in the future. Earlier, live streaming would be limited to personal computers only but now, you can enjoy watching live content even on your phones. Livestreams are known to grab people’s attention more than pre-recorded content as well. If you are also looking for best live streaming app for iPhone then you have come to the right page. Let us jump into this article and get you familiar with some free live streaming apps for iPhone along with their exciting features.
Top Best Live Streaming App for iPhone
It is now possible to watch and create live content from your iPhone with the help of a live-streaming app. These compelling apps are available for free on the internet. Mostly, content creators use such apps to broadcast stuff from their phones. These apps can be used to stream content like games, and podcast, and make IRLs. We have put together a list of such great apps below that will help you find a perfect match for you.
Twitch stands at the number one position for free live streaming apps for iPhone for a number of reasons. Twitch is known to bring thousands of communities together from around the world that enjoy watching live music, games, sports, esports, IRL streams, cooking shows, podcasts, and more amazing content.
- With Twitch’s full-features live chat, you can connect to your followers.
- Streaming on Twitch is extremely effortless.
- Twitch allows users to make money via subscriptions, ads, and donations.
- Twitch offers lag-free and high-quality broadcasting.
- Millions of gamers stream on Twitch every month.
- Twitch is available on different platforms including iPhone, Android, iPad, Apple TV, iMessage, and Desktop.
2. Larix Broadcaster
Larix Broadcaster is another well-known and best live streaming app for iPhone to use. You can use this live-streaming app for SRT / RTMP / RTSP / RIST / WebRTC streaming.
- Larix Broadcaster is a simple and effective app that creates professional-looking live streams.
- Live stream using Larix Broadcaster can be created using both, the front and back cameras of the phone.
- Larix Broadcaster supports several broadcasting tools that help users to produce professional-grade broadcasts.
- Larix Broadcaster also streams to several different destinations including YouTube and Twitch.
- Larix Broadcaster supports three modes, hybrid approach, ladder ascends, and logarithmic descent.
- Audio-only feature is also available with Larix Broadcaster.
- Another great feature of this live-streaming app is auto-archiving.
- Larix Broadcaster is compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
nanoStream is also a great free app to use on an iPhone or iPad. It has been considered best live streaming app for iPhone because of its flexibility as it can connect to destinations that ingest RMTP streams.
- nanoStream is an app that lets you go vertical, achieve low latency, stream in HD, and use external cameras, and drone video.
- nanoStream is also known for its hardware-accelerated decoding.
- In nanoStream, you can stream content up to 7.5 Mbits per second.
- nanoStream also uses global CDN for fast delivery on any browser or platform.
- You can use nanoStream to easily integrate with existing live streaming platforms.
- Codecs used by nanoStream include H.264 video codec and AAC audio codec.
- Registration is required to use nanoStream.
- One cone of using nanoStream is that it is only compatible with Dacast and other third-party OVPs.
- nanoStream is compatible with an iPhone, iPad, iPad, and Mac.
4. YouTube Live
Another one of the great live streaming apps for iPhone is YouTube Live. YouTube is free and easily accessible as well. Even though YouTube is famous for its unlimited video content, it has recently gained popularity for live-streaming videos.
- YouTube Live supports live streaming as well as pre-recorded video hosting with billions of views every day.
- Users can schedule their live streaming with YouTube Live.
- With YouTube Live, you can also live chat with your followers.
- Other features of YouTube Live are ads, stickers, monetization, and age restrictions.
- YouTube Live also allows users to create shorts and stories for creating a brand.
- YouTube Live is a perfect app for any kind of live event.
- Most of the YouTube Live features are available for free.
- YouTube Live can be used on iOS, Android, Windows, and Apple TV.
- One drawback of YouTube Live is that its live streaming capabilities are only available for users with more than 1,000 subscribers.
5. Facebook Live
Facebook Live is also one of those live streaming apps for iPhone that you can use for free. With the help of the Facebook app, you can broadcast live from your account or page. It is also one of the largest social media platforms that are used around the world.
- Facebook Live can be used for either live content on a professional or an individual Facebook page.
- You can also stream live games with Facebook Live.
- Facebook Live is one of the best apps to create a new fan base for content.
- A separate video streaming feature is available in Facebook Live.
- Facebook Live helps you shoot and share a video right away.
- Notifications are also sent to followers using Facebook Live for streaming live content.
- Followers can also comment on Facebook Live.
- Facebook Live offers useful viewer statistics and analytics.
- You can also live stream videos directly in groups on this platform.
- Facebook Live can be accessed on mobile phones and desktops.
- The only con of using Facebook Live is that it is limited to Facebook only.
Also Read: What are the Games to Play on Facebook Live?
6. Screen Recorder for iPhone
The next best live streaming app for iPhone to try out is none other than Screen Recorder for iPhone. With the help of Screen Recorder, you can create content for multiple platforms.
- Screen Recorder supports different platforms including Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch.
- With Screen Recorder, you can record your screen content, live stream games, and create Facecam reaction videos.
- Other features of Screen Recorder include editing recorder videos, converting GIFs on the fly, and adding audio commentary.
- Screen Recorder also supports RTMP (Real-time messaging protocol).
- You can also adjust screen recording settings like bit rate, frame rate, and video resolution with this app.
- You can directly create YouTube reaction videos with it.
- Other inbuilt video editing features of Screen Recorder are tweaking volume and speed, trimming videos, and apply video filters, and stickers to videos.
- Screen Recorder lets you share recordings with other apps like Twitter, Facebook, Messenger, and more.
- You can use this app on iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac.
- One setback of using Screen Recorder is that it is subscription-based.
7. Wirecast Go
Wirecast Go is the next addition to the list of live streaming apps for iPhone that we are covering today. Wirecast Go is known for its abundant features that are missing in most of the other live-streaming apps.
- Wirecast Go lets you stream high-quality productions on the go from YouTube or any other custom RTMP destination.
- Wirecast Go lets you add pictures, images, overlay logos, and titles to your online content to create a branded live-streamed production.
- You can also move and resize graphics with the Wirecast Go interface.
- Wirecast Go lets you interact with your audience.
- Other features of Wirecast Go include sharing streams, sending and receiving chats, and seeing views.
- The app also lets you broadcast in landscape or portrait mode and switch mid-stream.
- The free version of the app allows users to use a single camera (iPhone front or back) and access unlimited streaming.
- Wirecast Go is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and Mac systems.
- Some cons of Wirecast Go are limited features with the free version and the unavailability of RTMPS streaming.
If you haven’t used Streamlabs till now then it is time you download this one of the few free live streaming apps for iPhone that lets you broadcast on different platforms simultaneously.
- With Streamlabs, you can stream mobile games, and phone screens, and broadcast your camera to share your IRL experience.
- It lets you share your experiences on different platforms simultaneously like Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and more.
- Streamlabs lets you chat with people from around the world as they watch your live stream and gameplay in real time.
- Streamlabs also works with widgets like Chat Box, Alert Box, Event List, and more.
- Custom RTMP destinations are also supported by Streamlabs.
- Streamlabs lets you add a microphone, mix different sources together, and stream internal audio as well.
- You can also personalize your stream by adding text, images, and your own logo.
- Streamlabs also supports private server hosting.
- In Streamlabs, users are rewarded for streaming more.
- In Streamlabs, subscriptions and rewards are paid.
- You can use Streamlabs on iOS devices as well as on Android phones.
You can experience a powerful iOS video production suite with best live streaming app for iPhone, known as Airmix. Airmix by Teradek lets users tell the story from any angle and on any streaming platform of their choice.
- With Airmix, you can stream up to 10 media sources including network video, cameras, and pre-recorded files.
- Airmix supports PiP and Multiviewer functionality.
- Airmix has built-in customizable scoreboards and overlays.
- With Airmix, you can stream content with a resolution of up to 1440p60.
- Other features of Airmix are chroma key composting, an integrated audio mixer, a graphics editor, instant replay, and slow motion for sports.
- Airmix offers GIF and PDF support.
- With Airmix, you can now manually control the camera for iOS devices (resolution, bitrate, focus, and exposure).
- Airmix is also known for audio balancing, graphics overlays, and text titles.
- One con of Airmix is that it is not compatible with Dacast.
10. Switcher Studio
From live streams to video podcasts and worship services to virtual experiences, Switcher Studio is one of those live streaming apps for iPhone that can easily your concept into the content.
- With Switcher Studio, you can create streams on the go on your iPhone and iPad.
- You can edit your stream including switching camera angles, adding graphics, changing layouts, and more.
- Switcher Studio lets you stream or record in vertical and horizontal video modes.
- You can enhance your love streams with this app by adding text, logos, photos, layouts, and more.
- Switcher Studio also displays live comments, scoreboards in-stream, and polls.
- This app lets you stream directly to YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, or Microsoft.
- You can also use Switcher Studio as a webcam to create engaging experiences in Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Google Meet, and more.
- Switcher Studio also supports RTMP.
- You can access Switcher Studio on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Switcher Studio offers a 14-day free trial.
11. Broadcast Me
If you are looking for a live streaming app that streams your content on YouTube Live, Twitch, Facebook Live, and other RTMP compatible services then Broadcast Me is the app for you. It is one of the best free live streaming apps for iPhone that can also help speed up your research and validation.
- Broadcast Me can connect multiple formats at once including Akamai, Red5, Wowza, Adobe Media Server, and any other CDN.
- With Broadcast Me, you can effectively live stream even with low bandwidth and under unstable GSM conditions.
- You can easily stream live mobile video to multiple servers at one time with Broadcast Me.
- You can enjoy 4K streaming with Broadcast Me.
- Other features of Broadcast Me include editing, infographic integration, and SEO tools.
- Broadcast Me also allows users to send remote notifications to app users near news events.
- This live-streaming app allows users to use the front and back camera of the iPhone.
- It offers low-latency streaming and options to save video files locally.
- One drawback of Broadcast Me is that it is not compatible with Dacast.
Also Read: 23 Best Music Recording App for iPhone
StreamChamp lets you stream easily to Twitch, Facebook, YouTube, and other platforms making it best live streaming app for iPhone as well as iPad.
- With StreamChamp, you can control the volume of app audio and mic during the stream.
- StreamChamp offers up to 1080p resolution.
- StreamChamp also lets you control video orientation and position.
- Web camera and remote control are also supported by StreamChamp.
- You can add custom overlays and logos with StreamChamp.
- StreamChamp also offers notifications for interrupted stream and chat messages.
- Some other features of this live-streaming app are sound alerts, custom text-to-speech for chat messages, and AirPods support.
- You can access StreamChamp on iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch for free.
If you are using TikTok to create live content from your iPhone then you are on the right track. TikTok is one of the easy-to-use live streaming apps for iPhone that can help you create short and viral video content. Certain users can also access the exclusive live-streaming feature of TikTok.
- TikTok users with more than 1,000 followers and who are 16 years of age or older can easily share real-time content.
- TikTok also lets you send and receive gifts during a live stream.
- Real-time content on TikTok goes to current followers and can also be picked up by new followers with the help of TikTok’s algorithm.
- You can also turn gifts into real cash in TikTok.
- One con of TikTok is that it has strict community standards.
- Another drawback of TikTok is its incompatibility with Dacast.
14. DU Recorder- Screen Recorder
From the App Store of your iPhone, you can download DU Recorder- Screen Recorder for free which is not only helpful in recording iPhone screens but is also one of free live streaming apps for iPhone.
- DU Recorder helps you live stream to different platforms like Facebook, YouTube, and Twitch.
- You can easily live stream content like games, sports, live shows, your screen, and more with DU Recorder.
- DU Recorder also supports audio recording.
- A high-quality screen recording feature is offered by DU Recorder.
- You can enjoy the powerful video editing features of this app.
- DU Recorder lets you set your live stream to public, private, or unlisted to protect privacy.
- DU Recorder supports RTMP addresses.
- A variety of live tools can also be used including live themes, custom watermarks, live pause settings, and more.
- You can also enjoy DU Recorder premium with some advanced features.
- DU Recorder is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.
Clubhouse is an app for iPhone users where they can hang out with friends, make new ones, and talk about things in general. It is indeed best live streaming app for iPhone that only supports audio streaming, unlike other live streaming apps.
- Clubhouse is an audio streaming app that is useful for professionals and brands.
- Clubhouse is a great platform to network and connect with others.
- Users can access live chat rooms offered by Clubhouse.
- In Clubhouse, a user can hold a one-way presentation in which other listeners can participate.
- Clubhouse can be used to encourage audience participation.
- You can also customize stream permissions with control tools in Clubhouse.
- Clubhouse is a highly interactive tool for iPhone users.
- Clubhouse is compatible with iPhone and iPod touch.
Omlet is a mobile gaming platform that is used by iPhone users to broadcast all games. The best thing about one of these amazing live streaming apps for iPhone is that you can create a squad in it for getting a collaborative gaming experience.
- Games like PUBG mobile, Minecraft, Fortnite, Roblox, and Brawl Stars are supported in Omlet.
- You can show off your gameplay by streaming it on Omlet, Facebook, YouTube, or Twitch and also make new friends there.
- Omlet also provides various in-app features like currency and donations.
- You can upgrade your stream for new seasonal and gamer overlays.
- Other features of Omlet are in-game voice chat, personal RTMP links, special animated profile frames, and exclusive HUDs.
- You can easily access Omlet on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac.
17. Nimo TV
Nimo TV is heaven for live game streamers. Nimo TV is one of the leading and free live streaming apps for iPhone that allows millions of gamers from around the world to broadcast their gameplay to other like-minded people.
- Nimo TV utilizes high-quality interactive technology where audiences can easily interact with streamers.
- With Nimo TV, you can access exclusive E-Sports events and tournaments.
- You can live stream all popular games with Nimo TV.
- Nimo TV helps you create an interactive gaming community.
- The app is only available for Nimo users.
- With Nimo TV, you cannot stream on other popular platforms.
18. LinkedIn Live
LinkedIn Live is another best live streaming app for iPhone that helps bring your professional community together in real time. LinkedIn Live offers a space where you can host your events safely.
- LinkedIn Live is known for seamless real-time live streaming.
- LinkedIn Live is a great platform for professionals.
- Support of custom RTMP streaming setup and third-party streaming platform support like Dacast is required by LinkedIn Live.
- Quality control and exclusivity are one of the best features of LinkedIn Live.
- LinkedIn Live is designed to boost engagement.
- Some cons of using LinkedIn Live is that it requires third-party support and has application access only.
The next addition to the list is YouNow which is also known as one of the best live streaming apps for iPhone that helps in broadcasting and streaming video.
- YouNow lets you interact with fans and followers and help you chat with a like-minded audience.
- At YouNow, you can chat about music, games, dating, cooking, and more.
- You can easily browse live video broadcasts and catch up on the missed feed.
- YouNow also lets you buy bars, send gifts, capture your favorite broadcast moments, and request to guest with other broadcasters.
- At YouNow, you can monitor content 24/7.
- You can easily log in with Apple, Instagram, and Google at YouNow.
- YouNow is a long-standing platform that is extremely safe to use.
- YouNow is not compatible with Dacast.
Last but not the least, Tango is another one of free live streaming apps for iPhone where you can live stream and video chat.
- With Tango, you can connect with about 400 million people from all around the world.
- Tango lets you explore, chat, go live, watch, create reel connections and build your community.
- It is extremely easy to register on Tango and make money with your talent.
- The video quality offered by Tango is great.
- Tango is compatible with all popular devices.
- Tango is an app that is used by musicians, cooking bloggers, comedians, educators, fashion fans, fitness coaches, and more.
- The premium broadcasts and features of Tango cost extra fees.
- A drawback of Tango is that it is not compatible with Dacast.
- What are Advantages of SharePoint?
- 20 Best Free Music Editor Online
- How to Screen Record on Mac
- 19 Best Live Streaming Apps for Android Gaming
This brings us to the end of our guide on best live streaming app for iPhone. We hope that the list of live streaming apps in the doc above helped find a perfect match for you. If you have more questions or suggestions for us, please drop them in the comments section below.