iPhone offers a built-in feature known as Screen Recording. The screen recording feature allows users to record their screens without any third-party apps. This feature lets users record their screen quickly by tapping the record button in the Control Center. However, some people have come across errors in screen recording, saying that the screen record failed to save due to 5823 or screen recording failed to save due to 5831. So, if you have also encountered such an issue, don’t worry! In this article, we will discuss how you can fix screen recording failed to save due to 5823 and iPhone error code 5823 issue.
Table of Contents
10 Ways to Fix Screen Record Failed to Save Due to 5823 on iPhone
Keep reading further to find the methods explaining how to fix screen record failed to save due to 5823 issue in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
What Causes Screen Record Failed to Save Due to 5823?
Before discussing the fixes, let’s first talk about what causes the screen record failed to save due to 5823. This problem can happen due to a number of reasons.
- This issue might occur when you try to record copyrighted or protected content.
- Another reason can be full device memory. Your recorded video cannot be saved if there is no available space.
- This issue can also be caused due to technical glitches.
- Another reason why the iPhone error code 5823 comes can be because of a bug that can be present in your iPhone.
How to Fix Screen Record Failed to Save Due to 5823?
If you want to fix the screen record failed to save due to 5823 or screen recording failed to save due to 5831, you can try the methods given below.
Method 1: Restart iPhone
You can restart your iPhone to solve the screen recording not able to save issue. Restarting the device might help to get rid of bugs and glitches that might be causing this issue.
To restart your iOS device, follow the steps given below.
1. Press and hold the Power + volume buttons of your iPhone.
2. Now, swipe the slide to power off button slider to the right to switch off iPhone.
3. Once done, press and hold the Power button to restart iPhone.
Method 2: Verify for Copy Protected Content
If you find that your iPhone cannot record certain protected content, this means that the content is copy-protected. So, you are not allowed to record the content protected by copyright law. In this situation, your iPhone device does not have any issues. Ensure you are not recording copy-protected content on your device.
Method 3: Allow Screen Recording
To enable screen recording, you can follow the steps given below.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Screen Time option.
3. Tap on the Content & Privacy Restrictions option.
4. Select the Choose Restrictions option.
5. Then, tap on the Screen Recording option and set it to the Allow option.
Also Read: How to Install Same App Twice without Parallel Space on iPhone
Method 4: Charge iPhone
If your iPhone has a low battery, this might cause the screen record failed to save due to 5823 problem. It occurs because your iPhone directs all the left-out battery to complete the phone’s basic functions and some features are prohibited to make the device work for a longer period. In this case, charge your iPhone first and then proceed with the screen recording.
Method 5: Turn Off Microphone
Your iOS devices rely on a mechanism to prevent recording the surrounding noises when you are screen recording, including the microphone howling problems. So, turn off the microphone during the screen recording or use a headset as a substitute if you want to screen record with your microphone on.
Method 6: Force Close Apps
If you are facing a screen record failed to save due to 5823 issues, try to force close the apps on your device. Force closing the apps is a quick way to resolve the problem.
Abide by the steps given below to force close the apps on your iPhone:
- On iPhone X or the latest model of iPhone: Swipe upwards from the bottom and stop at the middle of your screen to see all the apps that you have used recently.
- On iPhone 8 or an earlier model of iPhone: Double-click the home button to see the apps you have recently used.
After that all the background apps will come up, close them and prevent them from running in the background before you start the screen recording process to fix the iPhone error code 5823.
Also Read: How to Fix Discord Screen Share Lag
Method 7: Update iOS to Latest Version
Not updating your device to the latest version can lead to some glitches and bugs in your device thus causing an error saying the screen record failed to save due to 5823. So, it is essential to keep your iPhone up to date.
Follow the steps given below to update your iOS device.
1. Launch iPhone Settings.
2. Tap on the General option.
3. Next, tap on the Software Update option.
4. Tap on the Download and Install option.
Note: If a message appears asking you to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap on Continue or Cancel.
5A. If you want the update to occur immediately, tap on the Install option.
5B. Or, if you tap on Install Tonight and plug your iOS device into power before you sleep, your device will be updated automatically overnight.
Note: You are also given the option to install the software later by choosing to Remind Me Later.
Method 8: Turn Off Low Power Mode
When you turn on Low Power Mode on your iPhone, some features are disabled on your device to conserve the battery. When low power mode is switched on, the color of the battery level on your iPhone changes to yellow from green. The Low Power Mode prompt comes up when the battery percentage on your iPhone falls below 20 percent automatically. If you want the battery life of your phone to be conserved, you can keep your device in Low Power Mode.
But low power mode limits the capabilities on other parts of your device and it can cause screen recording failed to save due to 5831 issues. To turn off Low Power Mode, follow the steps given below.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. Then, tap on the Battery option.
3. Turn off the toggle for the Low Power Mode option.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Sleep Mode on iPhone
Method 9: Manage & Clear iPhone Storage
Insufficient storage capacity or less space on your iPhone can lead to the screen record failed to save due to 5823 issues. So, it is necessary to remove the data from your iPhone which is no longer needed to make some space. If you want to opt for this method, follow our guide on 12 Ways to Fix iPhone Storage Full Issue to learn the different methods to manage and clear up your iPhone Storage effectively.
Method 10: Reset iPhone Settings
If your iPhone say screen recording failed then you can select the reset iPhone settings option on your device to fix the issue. If you want to try this method, follow the steps given below.
Note: Resetting your iPhone is an extreme measure and it will remove all data and information from your iPhone. After the factory reset, you will have to completely start over again. Make sure to back up all the required data and then follow the upcoming steps.
1. First, go to the Settings app on your device.
2. Next, tap on the General option.
3. Then, select the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
4. After that, tap on Reset > Reset All Settings.
- How to Change Notification Sounds for Different Apps on Samsung
- Apple Releases iOS 16.3 Update Globally
- How to Fix AirPods Connected but Sound Coming from Phone
- How to Enable Built-In Screen Recorder on Android 10
We hope you found this article helpful as we have discussed the causes and the methods to fix the screen record failed to save due to 5823 and iPhone error code 5823 issue. Feel free to contact us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.