Traditional telephony requiring specialized hardware was very expensive and with the passage of time and the coming of the World Wide Web (WWW), it got replaced with the internet and mobile or the softphone technology known as Virtual Phone Number Technology. In this article, we will explore more about best free virtual phone number provider for business.
25 Best Free Virtual Phone Number Providers
Virtual Phone Number is also known as Direct Inward Dialing Number or DID for short. It is a gateway between the traditional circuit-switched PSTN or the Public Switched Telephone Network associated with telephone lines/towers and the VoIP i.e., Voice over Internet Protocol network which relies on the internet. In simple terms, a Virtual Phone Number doesn’t rely on things like SIM or an address which is a general requirement of Traditional telephony.
- It is a Virtual Private Network wherein using the VoIP technology your internet gets connected to a remote server.
- This remote server is known as a Virtual Private Number host or Virtual Private Number server.
- The remote Virtual Private Number server hides your IP address and location, replacing them with an encrypted (data in scrambled format) internet connection in real-time.
A Virtual Private Number is therefore a clever piece of software that allows business holders to manage their business while keeping their personal mobile or landline numbers private. In addition to this, in case of a change in the business location, it is also transferable to the new location. Using the services of the Virtual Private Number provider you can also switch over to a new mobile phone if you happen to change the device you usually use.
Being cheaper and state-of-the-art technology, it took precedence and has become the order of the day. Therefore, several Virtual Phone Number Providers also sprang up. We have compiled a list of some of the most popular and best free Virtual Phone Number providers for your ready reference. Also read Top 30 Best Second Phone Number App for Android.
Phone.com is considered to be one of the best free VoIP service providers because of the following reasons:
- It has a simple user interface.
- It offers a tier of free services.
- It plays music when your phone is on hold and/or is on call waiting.
- It enables sending and receiving SMS.
- It syncs your address book.
- It helps in setting up and running your groups and extensions.
- Its auto-attendant feature schedule’s your voice calls.
- It designs pre-recorded messages for inbound calls.
- It enables you to create your exclusive caller ID.
- It allows for call screening, call forwarding, and call blocking.
- It apprises you of an incoming call through a notification.
- It provides excellent customer support and backup.
MightyCall has made its name on the list of the best, all-in-one, virtual phone system provider for small businesses due to the following rationales listed below:
- It enables a free trial with an unlimited calling facility supporting an extensive list of unlimited extensions with local and toll-free numbers.
- It enables call forwarding to a PC, smartphone, or any other device using a softphone.
- The spotlight feature enables you to track your contacts.
- It enables call recording.
- It supports the cloud-based web service as well as iOS and Android operating systems.
- It enables you to accept, reject or transfer your calls to voicemail.
- It enables unlimited extensions and area code numbers.
- It collects all customer complaints in one place to clear them one at a time.
- it can provide services to two phone numbers per organization.
3. Google Voice
Google Voice is one of best free virtual phone number providers\ for business that comes at no cost. Available for personal and business use, it is ranked amongst the best providers for the following reasons:
- It is simple and anyone with a Gmail account can make this tool a part of their work-kit.
- you can receive calls and messages anywhere across the globe.
- It can be modified and redesigned.
- It enables you to configure your PBX to make business calls, reply to voicemails and SMS messages.
- It supports multiple devices.
- It provides the name of the caller identifying the person making the call.
- It routes the caller to your voicemail.
- It enables you to integrate your business with all Google apps.
- It has easy to use, straightforward user interface.
eVoice Virtual Private Number service offering international coverage is another popular business phone company that has made its name in the list of the Best Virtual Phone Number provider due to the following reasons:
- It enables video conferencing.
- It provides flexibility to send and receive important information and messages through fax.
- It enables the use of the mobile app to send and receive calls and check your voicemails.
- It also enables you to create a call forwarding schedule.
- It enables speed dialing and helps you keep a record of the calls.
- It enables them to route calls to their requisite extension
- It welcomes its callers using a host of greetings.
- It enables users to screen incoming calls and transfer them to the appropriate department.
- It imparts details of any specific work requirements of the department.
- It blocks unwanted calls.
Bitrix24 is one of best free virtual phone number provider for business and holds its place in the list of the Best Virtual Phone Number providers on the following grounds:
- It supports multiple devices like personal computers, smartphones, tablets, etc.
- It greets its customers with a welcome message.
- It enables free-of-cost CRM software support in more than 43 countries.
- It enables your desktop computer, laptop, smartphones, and tablets to connect with each other through the Local Area Network (LAN), Wireless Area Network (WAN), or the internet with the help of different servers or Bluetooth.
- It enables texting with the help of the telephone keypad to send messages.
- It allows an Auto Call Distribution (ACD) facility that enables the transfer of calls to various departments in the organization.
- It also enables you to keep a record of all the calls.
Blacktel.io online service ranks in the list of best free virtual phone number provider for business on any browser due to the following smart features listed below:
- It protects your original mobile number and gets you a personal phone number for free from any country of your preference.
- You can use it for Facebook, Telegram, and Google.
- It enables voice call forwarding.
- It automatically replies to a voice call with an SMS.
- It lets you send and receive faxes.
- It enables you to redirect your incoming SMSs to any email address.
- It enables you to send your WhatsApp messages without your mobile number using a virtual phone number.
- It enables the use of a travel SIM.
- It automatically maintains your call records.
Also Read: 7 Ways To Trace The Location Of A Person
GlobalCallForwarding is also on the list of best free virtual phone number provider for business based on the following rationale indicated below:
- This call forwarding service is very easy to use, providing mobile, local, and toll-free numbers without any hiccups.
- It enables personalized, tailor-made greetings.
- It enables efficient use of SMS service.
- It enables call recording.
- Its user-friendly interface provides unlimited extensions.
- It easily manages your account, filtering your calls using a black and white lister, denying access to black listers enabling unrestricted access to white listers, and protecting their emails from going to spam folders.
- This ensures proper sequencing of calls.
- It provides good customer support.
CountryCode is another Virtual Private Number service on the list of best free virtual phone number providers for business on the following grounds detailed below:
- It offers details of the country, area, and ISO code simply by clicking on the country available on the site.
- Easy to use interface makes voice calling very simple.
- It enables a quick call forwarding facility.
- This Virtual Private Number service supports international calls.
- It enables you to easily find country codes making it easy to use.
Also Read: Find GPS Coordinate for any Location
Sonotel service is provided by a Swedish organization of the same name, founded in 1994. It is a lightweight free virtual phone number provider solution provider for entrepreneurs. It is also in the list of the best free Virtual Phone Number Providers on the following rationale as indicated below:
- It enables free calls to any local phone or any type of phone anywhere in the world, including mobiles, if routed through its app.
- You can also link to your Facebook Messenger or website using its chat widget.
- It also gives you the flexibility to choose from a wide variety of other pre-recorded voice replications.
- This flexibility of pre-recorded voice-mailing is available.
- It supports its customers through live chats, email, and phones.
- It makes chatting with customers and team members very easy.
- It makes available unlimited chat history, conference calls, increased data storage, and more.
RingCentral is an excellent Virtual Private Number solution provider based on VoIP technology. It is in the list of the best Virtual Phone Number Providers due to the reasons indicated below:
- It is an extremely popular service, as it does not require much effort, being easy to install.
- It does not require you to install any new hardware.
- It enables HD quality video conferencing and web calls.
- It can organize meetings between 100+ participants online in one go.
- It enables its users to access blog articles, case studies, and free e-books by signing up for free webinars and online demos.
- It manages your communications.
- It enables call screening, call logs, call forwarding, and notifies missed calls and faxes.
- It enables potential users to easily locate your number in national and local business directories
- The auto-attendant feature automatically greets users with a pre-recorded message.
- It provides excellent 24×7 backup support.
Also Read: How to View Location History in Google Maps
For those seeking a ready-made option, Vonage is an amazing free virtual phone number provider.
- It has more than 50 features, including toll-free, local, and regional numbers.
- It allows you to open a store from anywhere using a desktop or mobile device
- It is simple to set up.
- It provides a virtual receptionist and inbox, as well as automates the login procedure.
- You may use call recording, call routing, filtering, announcing, and tracking, as well as queueing, logging, parking, and call-waiting, both company-wide and on-demand, as well as call recording, call routing, filtering, announcing, and tracking.
- It has a virtual assistant that is powered by AI.
- You may send highly tailored messages to it and rely on it to respond quickly to basic questions.
VirtualPBX provides the ideal virtual number solution for you, whether you’re a solopreneur, a small, medium-sized, or large-scale business owner. It is one of best free virtual phone number providers for business.
- It has a number of features that make it ideal for scattered teams, such as the auto-attendant function, which automatically sends an incoming call to an extension without the need for a telephone operator.
- You may pick one VoIP phone from its selection and add additional for a modest fee.
- Multiple people can join a single call using its audio-conferencing capability.
- It substantially simplifies the operation of a contact center with a high volume of inbound calls because incoming call distribution may be shared among group members.
- Depending on the membership tier, CRM integration, paperless fax, API access, priority assistance, external storage, extensive reporting, and connections with strong software solutions are all accessible.
Also Read: 16 Best Ad Blocking Extension for Chrome
The virtual number service provided by Freshdesk Contact Center (previously known as Freshcaller) is ideal for those enterprises searching for a simple and economical solution.
- It is the only firm that provides complete call center features, such as a multi-level interactive voice response system that uses a customizable call-flow mechanism to route client calls to teams or agents.
- You have full control over the system’s configuration.
- The wait-queue function informs callers of their position in line as they wait for an agent.
- You may use the custom-greetings tool to promote new items or send out news to clients.
- Other features include a real-time dashboard and abandoned call stats.
If you’re looking for a software voice client that works on both desktop and mobile devices, Line2 is one of several small business phone service providers who can help.
- It allows small groups to download an app to their smartphones or desktop PCs.
- Clients may choose between local, toll-free, and vanity phone numbers.
- You may answer calls with a pre-recorded auto-attendant message and play on-hold music while callers wait.
- You may utilize custom hold messages to provide important information about your company.
- You may also redirect calls based on your availability to avoid missing essential calls.
- With its limitless text messaging feature, you may reach out to anyone.
- It lets you exchange photos and group messages with up to ten people.
The CallHippo virtual number service was designed with the goal of facilitating communication between small businesses and their consumers in a quick, fast, and cost-effective manner. It is another free virtual phone number provider.
- It enables you to make phone calls directly from your browser and assists you in quickly obtaining local phone numbers.
- Common features include call transfer, call conference, call queuing, call barging, smartphone number forwarding, ring all, team collaboration tool, voicemail, and on-hold music.
- It makes it simpler for you to collaborate with your coworkers.
- You may use the app to connect with callers, acquire information, and route calls to the appropriate person.
- It’s accessible as both a mobile and online application.
- You may use it to record talks.
Nextiva is more than just a distributor of virtual business phone numbers. The Business Communications Suite combines a number of useful functions.
- When a consumer calls, you may get their details.
- You may collect feedback from your clients automatically.
- It enables you to manage all of your data and communication from a single spot.
- You can keep track of a customer’s interactions with your company.
- This VoIP application gives you a detailed picture of each of your clients in real-time.
- You may send a fax, text message, or SMS through the internet.
- It also allows for unrestricted conference calling.
- Professionally recorded greetings are available.
Also Read: Fix Outlook Password Prompt Reappearing
With over three decades of telecommunications experience, 8×8 provides advanced cloud PBX solutions to both large and small businesses.
- Call management features include auto-attendant, caller ID, call queuing and forwarding, voicemail, and free online messaging.
- Callers are directed to the proper department via an interactive voice response system.
- It has a call recording feature that aids staff monitoring and feedback.
- Agents can transfer calls to colleagues via the company’s operator switchboard.
- It allows customers to make unlimited international calls to 48 countries.
- It also has superior team-communication tools such as up to 100-person conference calls and screen sharing, one-on-one texting, and group chats.
- Both Microsoft Office and Google Calendar have excellent integration.
Grasshopper is ideal for small business owners that wish to keep their work and personal communications separate. It is also one of best free virtual phone number providers for business.
- It provides a comprehensive view of your company’s interactions across several channels.
- Calls may be made and received using a PC or mobile app.
- This application converts voicemail to text so you may read it instead of listening to it.
- It allows you to send a fax as a PDF attachment from your email.
- Call-management capabilities such as auto-attendant, call forwarding, call transferring, simultaneous call handling, and voicemail are all widespread in most firms.
- It allows you to record professional greeting messages for your clients.
- You can SMS your response to your workplace number.
- Call reporting, virtual fax, extensions, and other capabilities are also handy.
Also Read: How To Add Widgets To Windows 10 Desktop
VirtualPhone.com is a terrific option if you want to run your small business on a worldwide scale.
- It offers services in over 120 countries throughout the world, and for a month, you receive 100 minutes of free calls and texts.
- Custom call scheduling, call recording, IVR, live voice chat, and much more are all included.
- It also supports live voice chat.
- It gives you the option of forwarding calls to anyone.
- You may send faxes and voicemails.
- You may use it to arrange a call.
- This program is simple to set up.
- It’s possible to send SMS to your phone number with it.
20. Ooma Office Phone
Ooma Office Phone is a well-known free virtual phone number provider with reasonably priced services.
- Voicemail to email, messaging, virtual fax, unlimited domestic phone calls, and call filtering are just a few of the services available.
- This free VoIP number generator comprises a cloud voice and business software that does not require the installation of any software.
- You can choose between a local or toll-free phone number.
- You may transfer your incoming call to another Ooma office phone, and customer care is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- You may use it to block any call.
- A smartphone may be used to manage your phone calls.
- The program provides the user with a single virtual fax service.
- There are some additional costs associated with obtaining a toll-free number, but the quality of service provided justifies the expense.
21. UniTel Voice
UniTel Voice is a well-known virtual phone system service provider for business. Startups, freelancers, and entrepreneurs benefit the most from their services.
- Caller ID, personalized greetings, call transferring, auto-attendant, call recording, and many more features are available at affordable costs.
- It works with a broad range of devices, and its plans are flexible.
- It’s quite simple to set up.
- It provides distinct extensions for various department staff.
For fast-growing enterprises, Talkroute offers one of the most basic and intuitive user experiences available. It is one of best free virtual phone number providers for business.
- It has a wide range of functions, including call stacking, call forwarding, and system support.
- You can keep track of both incoming and outgoing calls using it.
- You may personalize your welcome message if you want to.
- It can send and receive MMS and SMS messages.
- You may set the time and date when your phones are available.
- It gives you thorough reports on your past.
- It provides direct-dial extensions with 3 or 4 digits.
- It aids in the administration of user accounts and permissions.
- It’s simple to use on an Android or iOS device.
OnSIP is also one of best free virtual phone number providers for business that allows you to create custom click-to-call links directly from your instant messaging platform.
- You may make HD video and audio calls using it.
- It allows you to put a stop to a call that you don’t want.
- It has the capability of dialing international numbers.
- Emergency dialing is possible with this app.
- It has a call-blocking feature.
- When you put your phone on hold, it starts playing music.
- This software assists you in developing a group-based role for your team.
- Dialing by extension is supported. By connecting your IP phones to an internet connection, you may make a call.
- A PC or mobile app can be used to make a test call.
- It acts as a virtual receptionist, smartly routing your calls.
Also Read: Lenovo Serial Number Check
TollFreeForwarding is a service that provides low-cost virtual phone numbers for business.
- Customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- This software provides a local number in over 120 countries.
- It has call forwarding and the ability to change the voice menu settings.
- When you activate this program, you will be able to receive calls right away.
- With high-quality cloud-based numbers, this free virtual phone number tool may help you increase client connection.
- You may use this tool to extend your company overseas.
AVOXI is a single-source service for managing your whole worldwide communications, with the goal of improving every customer experience.
- It allows you to purchase virtual phone numbers via the internet.
- You may route a call to any destination using it.
- This program allows you to route calls.
- More than 160 nations are supported by it.
- You may obtain a personalized caller ID with this software.
- This free virtual mobile number service in India provides full VoIP functions.
- You may host an infinite number of calls with more than 500 people.
- Top 9 Best GPS Trackers
- 8 Best Alternatives to Noobs and Nerds
- How to Root Android Phone
- How to Provision a SIM Card
Although there are many more Virtual Private Number providers out there, we have concluded this list of best free virtual phone number providers here. We would love to know if you have any suggestions to add to this list or feedback regarding this article which you can do by reaching out to us in the comment section below.