Are you wondering how to find serial number of your Lenovo laptop? Lenovo Serial Number Check can be done quite simply, as discussed in this guide. Lenovo serial number is essential when you need to access the Lenovo website for updates and to contact customer support when there are issues with your device. You will be required to provide Lenovo serial key to confirm the authentication process. Only then, will you be able to get the required assistance. Similarly, you will need to provide Warranty details, in case of service or repair of a Lenovo device. Learning how to find the serial number of Lenovo laptops will help save precious time too. Read below to find out more!
- How to Find Serial Number on Lenovo Laptop or Desktop
- Lenovo Ideapad and Notebooks Serial Number
- Idea Centre and Lenovo Desktop Serial Number
- Lenovo Thinkpad Serial Number
- Lenovo Tablet Serial Number
- Lenovo ThinkCentre/ThinkStation Serial Number
- System X Serial Number
- Lenovo Monitor Serial Number
- Lenovo Smartphone
- How to Find Serial Number using Command Prompt
How to Find Serial Number on Lenovo Laptop or Desktop
Here’s how to find the serial number of lenovo laptops or desktops:
Lenovo Ideapad and Notebooks Serial Number
Flip the laptop to the back. You will find your serial key there.
Idea Centre and Lenovo Desktop Serial Number
Take a peep at the rear of both these devices and find your serial key. It is usually written on a white sticker with black fonts.
Lenovo Thinkpad Serial Number
Just turn your laptop around. Now, locate your serial key near the battery case.
Lenovo Tablet Serial Number
Use the following process to locate the serial key in Lenovo Tablet:
1. Tap Settings.
2. Now, tap on System.
3. Next, choose About tablet, as highlighted.
4. Finally, tap on Status. Your serial key will be displayed on the screen.
Also Read: How To Check Apple Warranty Status
Lenovo ThinkCentre/ThinkStation Serial Number
In this case, there are two locations where you can find the serial key:
- On the backside of the laptop.
- On the extreme right or left side of the laptop.
System X Serial Number
In this case, there is no particular spot where you can find the serial key because the location varies according to the device model.
Note: However, one place where you can always locate your serial key in System X is in the System BIOS menu.
Lenovo Monitor Serial Number
- ThinkVision monitors: Locate your serial key on the edge of the monitor frame/border.
- Other models: In other cases, the serial key is generally found on the back cover.
Smartphones don’t have serial numbers on their external framework. So, you will have to navigate within device settings to locate it, as explained below:
1. Tap Settings as shown.
2. Next, choose About phone as depicted.
3. Finally, tap on Status to view SIM card status, IMEI number, and other info.
This will display the serial key of your phone which will look like this:
Also Read: What is BIOS and how to update BIOS?
How to Find Serial Number using Command Prompt
Command Prompt is a convenient way to find serial number of a Lenovo laptop or desktop. Just, follow these simple steps:
1. Proceed to the Start Menu. Type & search cmd.
2. Now, select Run as Administrator to launch Command Prompt, as shown.
3. Type wmic bios get serialnumber and hit Enter, as depicted below.
This will display the Lenovo serial key and you’re all set!
- How to Find Your Windows 10 Product Key
- How to Fix Hamachi Tunnel Problem
- Fix Miracast Not Working on Windows 10
- How to Remove SIM Card from Google Pixel 3
We hope our guide helped you perform Lenovo serial number check on all Lenovo devices. If you have any queries or suggestions, drop them in the comment section below.