Kodi is a free software to stream various videos, television shows, movies, and many more. Many Kodi repositories have been taken down due to legal issues. You would have heard that the Noobs and Nerds repository was taken down. Yes, the repository is down. You might be worried about Noobs and Nerds down because this repository has a wide range of popular add-ons for Kodi. Since the repository is down, you might be looking for an alternative. This article on the best alternatives to Noobs and Nerds will help you.
Table of Contents
- 8 Best Alternatives to Noobs and Nerds
- 1. Official Kodi Repository
- 2. Mhancoc7 Repository for Animal TV
- 3. BludhavenGrayson Repository for TVCatchup
- 4. Nemzzy Repository for Stream Army
- 5. Addons4Kodi Repository
- 6. The Crew Repository
- 7. Venom Repository
- 8. SlyGuy for Samsung TV Plus
- How to Remove Add-on Repository
- How to Disable Add-ons
8 Best Alternatives to Noobs and Nerds
You can use the official Kodi repository or download it online to install add-ons to watch various streams. If the repository is down, its add-ons won’t be affected. You can continue to use them, but you cannot update them in the future. As said earlier, many repositories have been taken down due to legal issues. Some recently taken down Kodi repositories are listed below.
- Maverick TV
After knowing that Noobs and Nerds down, you might be searching for a better alternative. Here is a list of the best alternatives to Noobs and Nerds.
Note: It is always advised to use VPN when using Kodi. This is recommended since many add-ons in Kodi are not safe, and they might illegally stream copyrighted content. Using a VPN would help you encrypt your data and prevent you from finding your ISP. Some of the best VPNs to use while watching Kodi are NordVPN, IPVanish, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost, and VyprVPN. If you have any concerns about using VPN, you can read our guide on how to set up a VPN on Windows 10.
1. Official Kodi Repository
In any forum, we are always recommended to use an official one. The same goes here in Kodi. The following are the features of the Official Kodi repository:
- It is safe, legal, and works without any issues.
- This repository contains a wide range of add-ons.
- The 18v add-ons of this repository are different from the 19v.
- It is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix and lower versions.
- Some notable add-ons are YouTube, iPlayer WWW, Crackle, Popcornflix, Pluto.TV, Vimeo, Twitch, SoundCloud, CuriosityStream, Documentary Heaven, and many more.
The downloading process of the Official Kodi repository is simple. Follow the below steps.
1. Press the Windows key and type Kodi and click on Open.
2. Click the Add-ons menu from the left pane.
3. Click Download as illustrated below.
4. Browse for the add-ons you are interested in (e.g. YouTube) and download them.
Before proceeding with installing the given repositories, make sure to read our guide on How to install third-party add-ons in Kodi.
2. Mhancoc7 Repository for Animal TV
Next on the list of the best alternatives to Noobs and Nerds down is the Mhancoc7 Repository. The following are the features of this repository:
- This repository gets updated regularly by the developers.
- Though this repository does not contain many add-ons, the available add-ons are free and legal.
- It has notable add-ons such as Animal TV, Free Live TV, and Tubi.
- It also offers free live TV streams of all local channels around the world.
- Animal TV contains more than 60 natural and wildlife webcam streams.
- Your installed Kodi must be of Kodi 19 Matrix or lower versions to download and use this repository.
Also Read: 5 Best Kodi Chinese Movies Add-ons
3. BludhavenGrayson Repository for TVCatchup
BludhavenGrayson repository serves its purpose as one of the alternatives to Noobs and Nerds due to the following features:
- It contains add-ons for sports and live TV programming.
- It also has channels from the UK and the US.
- You can enjoy safe and legal add-ons in this repository though it has only a few add-ons.
- Some notable add-ons are Box Plus, TV Player, UKTV Play, and Fitness Blender, that assure its status as one of the best alternatives to Noobs and Nerds.
- It is compatible with Kodi 18 Leia or lower versions and not compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix.
4. Nemzzy Repository for Stream Army
Next on the list is Stream Army. Nemzzy is the official repository for Stream Army, and below are the notable features of this repository:
- This repository add-ons are categorized into Sports Zone, TV Zone, Anime Zone, Kida Zone, Cartoon Zone, Music Zone, Audio Zone, and many more.
- Some of the notable add-ons are Entertainment Time, Nemesis AIO, and Entertain Me.
- The last activity was reported on February 24, 2021.
- This repository was initially shut down and blacklisted by Kodi. But it was back with a bang.
- This repository also works great on Amazon Fire TV Stick and Android TV boxes or devices .
- Users have reported that they have not experienced any buffering or lagging issues on any device.
Also Read: How to Use Kodi Web Interface
5. Addons4Kodi Repository
Another alternatives to Noobs and Nerds is Addons4Kodi. Below are some features of this repository making it to this list.
- Although this repository has not reported any quality issues, there has been no major release for more than a year.
- Also, this repository is safe because there is no vulnerability reported for this repository.
- OpenMeta is a notable add-on available in the repository.
6. The Crew Repository
The Crew is one of the popular Kodi repositories. It gained popularity for the following reasons.
- The notable add-ons are The Crew, Ghost, Asguard, Chains and Sinister Six, Vision of Destiny, SportsDevil, and Shadow.
- You can enjoy streams with no noticeable buffering.
- This repository uses the BitTorrent protocol.
- The Movies, TV shows, Sports, IPTV, Kids, 1-Clicks, CC-Collections, Standup Comedy, Additional Add-ons, and Search options are available in the main menu.
7. Venom Repository
Next on the list is Venom. This repository is as safe as every other repository, and below are the other features.
- It has a huge library of movies and TV shows.
- It provides seamless streaming with the highest quality.
- You can install this repository on Kodi with Kodi 19 Matrix or lower versions.
- This repository is compatible with all devices such as Android, iOS, Raspberry Pi, Mac, Linux, Windows, and Amazon Firestick.
- Also, to install this add-on, you must be signed in to your Real Debrid account.
Also Read: 3 Best Korean Drama Kodi Add-ons
8. SlyGuy for Samsung TV Plus
Last on the list is SlyGuy. Though it might be mentioned at the end, it has various features given below.
- This repository has a wide variety of add-ons such as Disney Plus, Dstv Now, ESPN, HBO Max, Oluto TV, Kayo Sports, IPTV NZ, Curiosity Stream, Sky GO, and many more.
- Like every other repository, it is compatible with Kodi 19 Matrix or lower versions.
- The last activity in this repository was recorded on January 2, 2022.
How to Remove Add-on Repository
After learning alternatives to Noobs and Nerds, now let us see how to remove a repository. If the repository is shut down, then you need to replace it with a new repository. It is advised to delete the repository from the system since this may lead to security risks. The add-on in that repository will work even if you delete the repository. However, you cannot update the add-ons that will create bugs in the long term, making them unreliable. Follow the steps below to remove the older repository and replace it with a newer one.
Note: The in-built feature allows you to delete only one repository at a time. You can delete the repositories individually, as this won’t take much time.
1. Launch Kodi app on your device.
2. Click Add-ons in the left pane.
3. Click My add-ons.
4. Click Add-on repository.
5. Scroll down and select the noobsandnerds repository to be removed.
6. Click Uninstall at the bottom.
7. Click Yes to confirm. The repository and its associated files will now be removed.
Also Read: How to Fix Kodi Keeps Crashing on Startup
How to Disable Add-ons
As stated earlier, if you delete the add-on from the taken-down repository, then you won’t be able to reinstall it again. Instead, you can disable the add-on if you are not using it currently. If you want to use the disabled add-on, you can easily re-enable it. Follow the given instructions to disable the Kodi add-on and use the alternatives to Noobs and Nerds.
1. Open Kodi in your system.
2. Click Add-ons in the left pane.
3. Click My add-ons.
4. Click All.
5. Scroll down and right-click the add-on you want to disable and select Information.
7. Click Disable at the bottom of the screen for the desired add-on (e.g. Joystick Support)
- Fix Trusted Platform Module 80090016 Error in Windows 10
- Top 10 Best Kodi Addons to Watch Premier League
- How to Add Music to Kodi
- Top 10 Best Kodi Linux Distro
We hope that this article on the best alternatives to Noobs and Nerds has helped you. Drop your queries and suggestions in the comment section below, if any. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.