Bringing people together is one of the main goals of social media and networking. Building relationships begin with identifying the individuals you want to connect with. Thus, knowing how to do so is crucial. People can be found on a variety of platforms like Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Instagram, Snapchat, and other prominent social media apps. Instagram is one of the most popular social networking platforms in the world hosting millions of users. According to official Instagram statistics, 1 billion users use the site each month, and more than 500 million Instagram stories are shared each day. Since its acquisition by Facebook, Instagram has been changing continuously. If you wish to learn how to find someone on Instagram by phone number, then read this article till the end.
- How to Find Someone on Instagram by using their Phone Number
- Why You Couldn’t Search Instagram Account by Phone Number?
- Other Ways to Locate an Individual on Instagram
- Method 1: Connect to Your Facebook Profile in Accounts Center
- Method 2: Directly Search Using Instagram Search Box
- Method 3: Find Them Through Common Friends
How to Find Someone on Instagram by using their Phone Number
It can be difficult to find someone on social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, and Instagram since there are hundreds of people with the same name. It would be easier to find them if you know specific information about them. Rather than trying to remember a username or scrolling through various usernames, you can simply locate a person using their contact info. Most IG users tend to link their accounts to their phone numbers when they register. However, with lots of recent updates, it has become difficult to do so.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to learn how to search Instagram account by phone number using app settings:
1. Save the phone number of the person in your phone contact list.
Note: Skip step 1 if the contact info is already saved.
2. Open the Instagram app.
3. Tap on the profile icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
4. Then, tap the hamburger icon as highlighted below.
5. Now, tap on Settings.
6. Then, tap on Account.
7. Next, tap on Contacts Syncing.
8. Now, switch On the toggle for Connect Contacts option.
9. Then, go back to the Settings menu and tap on Follow and Invite Friends.
10. Tap on Follow Contacts.
11. Allow the Instagram app to access your contacts by selecting the Allow Access option.
12. Tap on Allow, if prompted.
13. Once again, tap on Follow Contacts.
14. The Discover People screen will appear, where you can see a list of suggestions from your contact list.
Among these suggestions, locate the user whose phone number you saved in step 1 and follow/DM them. This is how to search Instagram account by phone number.
Also Read: How to See Last Seen on Instagram
Why You Couldn’t Search Instagram Account by Phone Number?
- The individual is not on Instagram.
- The phone number is not saved in contact list.
- Instagram account of a person might have been linked to a different phone number.
- If they have blocked you on Instagram, you would not be able to find them.
Other Ways to Locate an Individual on Instagram
If the above method on how to find someone on Instagram by phone number did not work for you, you can try different techniques listed below to achieve the same result.
Method 1: Connect to Your Facebook Profile in Accounts Center
Instagram also offers a function that allows you to link your Insta account to your Facebook account. You may use this function to locate your Facebook pals on Instagram. If the person you are looking for is already on your Facebook friend list, you may use this approach to locate his or her Instagram page quite easily.
1. To access your profile, tap the Profile icon or your Profile image in the lower right corner.
2. In the upper right corner, tap Hamburger icon.
3. Tap on Settings, as shown.
4. At the bottom of the screen, tap Accounts Center.
5. Now, tap Set up Accounts Centre, as depicted below.
6. To link a Facebook account, tap Add Facebook account and log in.
7. Finish the setup by tapping Yes.
8. Tap Continue after selecting whether or not you wish to sync your profile photo.
Method 2: Directly Search Using Instagram Search Box
Another option is to directly search for a person’s name on Instagram.
1. Tap on the Search icon from the bottom of the screen.
2. Type the Name of the person into the Search box that appears on top of the screen.
For example, we have searched for Vicky Kaushal Instagram account.
3. Now, you will find a list of people with that name. Locate the person you are looking for.
Method 3: Find Them Through Common Friends
The common friend or mutual friend profile is the final method for finding an individual or Sugar Momma on Instagram.
1. To find the individual, simply go to the Profile of your Mutual Friend.
As an example, we are searching for Katrina Kaif by using Vicky Kaushal’s profile.
2A. Scroll through their Followers list to find someone.
2B. Scroll through their Following list to find them.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. Is the phone number on Instagram visible?
Ans. No, according to Instagram guidelines, no one can see your phone number. Although, it can be used to locate someone as explained in the beginning of this article.
Q2. How can I verify my Instagram account, if I don’t have a phone number?
Ans. Without a phone number, you will not be able to authenticate your Instagram account. If you gave your phone number when you first signed up for Instagram, you will need it to authenticate your account using the same method.
- How to View Running Processes in Windows 11
- How to Fix Wi-Fi Not Working on Phone
- How to Save GIF from Twitter on Android
- Fix Instagram Suspicious Login Attempt
We hope you could learn how to find someone on Instagram by phone number. Please use the comments section to ask any questions or make suggestions. We will respond at the earliest.