There are various tools available online that get most of our work done without any hustle. One such tool is a free PDF editor. It works as a lifesaver and a time saver for companies that use PDF documents on a large scale for a lot of purposes. These PDF files are a very convenient way of saving and sharing data than any other type of document. Therefore, a PDF editor is helpful as and when required to create and edit data in PDF files. In this article, you will learn about the top PDF editor free download for Windows 10.
Best Free PDF Editor for Windows 10
Continue reading to know about the best free PDF editor in detail.
What is a PDF Editor?
A PDF editor is software that allows users to encode PDF documents. Unlike the other editing tools, which only allow editing when used by the creator or the ones with the password. It enables users to add form fields, edit text, and images, preview files, and much more. There are plenty of free PDF editors available out of which we have brought the best ones. Continue reading to learn about PDF editor free download.
Why is Free PDF Editor Required?
There can’t be enough reasons why you should require a free PDF editor. A few of the reasons are listed below:
- It can be required for making corrections.
- You can use it for filling interactive PDF forms.
- Images and text can be modified in the case of proofreading.
- It allows you to sign the document and share it.
- It can be used to create quotations and invoices easily.
List of Top Free PDF Editors
Listed below is PDF editor free download for Windows 10. Further in the article, you will also learn about these PDF editors, their features, and their pros and cons.
|No.||Free PDF Editor||Free Access||Free Trial||Subscription|
|5||Nitro PDF pro||None||14 days||Lifetime|
|6||ABBY FineReader PDF||None||7 days||Monthly/Yearly|
|8||Adobe Acrobat Pro||Desktop||14 days||Monthly/Yearly|
|9||AbleWord PDF Editor||Desktop||None||None|
|10||Foxit PDF editor||Web||14 days||Monthly/Yearly/Lifetime|
|12||Ashampoo PDF Pro 3||Desktop||10 days||Lifetime|
|14||XODO PDF||Desktop/Web||5 days||Monthly/Yearly|
|15||PDF-Xchange Editor Plus||Desktop||None||Yearly|
|17||IceCream Apps PDF Editor||Web||Unlimited||Lifetime|
|18||Able2Extract Professional||Desktop/Web||10 days||Monthly/Yearly|
|19||Foxit PhantomPDF||Web/ Desktop||14 days||Monthly/Yearly/Lifetime|
|23||Soda PDF||Desktop/Web||7 days||Yearly|
|24||EaseUS PDF Editor||Desktop/Web||14 days||Yearly|
|25||Nuance Power PDF||Web||7 days||Lifetime|
|26||Qoppa PDF Studio||Web||14 days||Lifetime|
|27||FineReader PDF||Web||7 Days||Yearly|
|29||Kofax Power PDF||Web||15 days||Lifetime|
|30||PDF Fusion||Web||30 days||Monthly/Yearly|
Also Read: How to create a PDF file in Windows 11?
pdfFiller is one of the best free PDF editors. It allows users to edit PDF files conveniently. With this editor, you can add text boxes, cut out unnecessary content and highlight important ones. Apart from editing you can also, convert and compress, split, and merge different file types. Some other salient features of this free PDF editor are:
- It allows users to add more pages, and rearrange, delete, and duplicate pages of a PDF file.
- The software is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS.
- It provides 30 days free trial.
- pdfFiller consists of three subscription plans Basic, Plus, and Premium starting from $8 to $15 per month.
- The software supports different file types like PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and image file formats.
- It enables users to edit, save the changes and share the file as well.
- The advanced features in the software are exceptional like fillable fields and adding text boxes
- The amazing features remain restricted to the paid version.
- The trial version is only applicable online.
SmallPDF is a free PDF editor. It is a simple tool with basic editing functions. Other than editing you can use this software to convert PDF to and from different file formats like Excel and Word etc. Some of the features of SmallPDF editor are listed below:
- SmallPDF is compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- This editor allows users to create new PDF files and work on them directly.
- It enables users to add digital signatures easily.
- The free features of the app include access to 21 tools applicable to the website and mobile app.
- The subscription plan for a single user is $9 per month.
- The subscription plan for a team is $7 per month.
- It provides support in 24 languages.
- The app enables unlimited document processing.
- The app provides basic editing tools and file conversion.
- The fonts are limited in number.
- The free version has very less features.
- It allows users to process only two files a day.
Also Read: 4 Best Apps to Edit PDF on Android
PDFLiner is another best free PDF editor that consists of all-in-one functions like editing, conversion, filling forms, and many more. It is a cloud-based PDF editor which allows users to conveniently edit their files. You can upload, edit and download the edited files. Some of the features of the PDFLiner are:
- It allows users to add text, sign, and images to the PDF files.
- It enables the highlighting of text by changing color, font, and font size.
- With PDFLiner you can easily move data and edit files.
- It consists of tools that allow users to convert their PDF files to other file formats.
- This app secures data with a highly encrypted connection.
- You can also create digital signatures and add watermarks to your original files.
- It provides a variety of form templates.
- This editor is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- The website provides a comprehensive guide on how to use the app.
- It consists of plenty of editing tools.
- It enables users to store data in cloud-based storage.
- It is not compatible with Android and iOS devices.
- The free version comprises a few selective features.
PDFescape is a PDF editor free download for Windows 10. It is also compatible with other versions of Windows. This editor offers support in languages like English, French, German, and Italian. PDFescape is an online PDF reader, editor, form filler, and designer. The features of the app are listed below:
- The editor enables to edit and share PDF files.
- It also allows users to annotate PDF documents.
- Create and fill PDF forms.
- With PDFescape add a password to your PDF files.
- The premium version of the app includes many other features.
- The premium plan costs $2.99 per month and the Ultimate plan costs $5.99 per month.
- It is compatible with Windows.
- It provides users with most of the editing tools.
- The page size limit in the app is 100 pages.
- It has a simple and easy-to-use interface.
- Fonts in the app are very limited.
- You can access PDFescape online for free.
- This app cannot be used by Android, Mac, and iOS users.
Also Read: How to Fix PDFs Not Opening in Chrome
5. Nitro PDF pro
Nitro PDF pro is one of the most powerful PDF editing tools for Windows 10. Unlike other PDF editors, Nitro PDF offers users basic as well as advanced features in the free version. With this PDF editor, you can add a digital signature, edit text and images, fill out forms, and add or remove hyperlinks. Other peculiar features of Nitro PDF are:
- With Nitro PDF pro you can easily create PDF files.
- It allows users to convert PDF files into editable Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office file formats.
- The app enables users to make use of intuitive editing tools to add, delete and alter text and images.
- Nitro PDF can be used to fill simple or complex forms.
- Annotations can be made easier with this app.
- The license to this app costs $143.99 for Windows.
- It is compatible with Mac and iOS devices.
- The free version consists of all the basic editing tools.
- It allows users to store files in their cloud storage.
- The app can also be used on iPhones and iPads.
- The user interface of the app fails to impress users.
- The free version consists of very few features.
6. ABBY FineReader PDF
ABBY FineReader PDF is one of the finest PDF editing tools available. This PDF editor free download has multiple features that make it stand out among the rest. ABBY FineReader PDF is integrated with Microsoft Office. Hence it is easier to convert PDF files into Microsoft Office file formats. Let’s have a look at some other features of this PDF editor:
- It enables users to create, edit, and organize PDF files.
- It allows users to work as a team to collaborate and approve PDF files.
- You can also protect your PDF files by adding passwords.
- With ABBY FineReader PDF, you can create form templates that can be filled and edited.
- It allows you to digitize paper documents and scan them with OCR.
- The standard subscription cost of ABBY FineReader PDF is $16 per month.
- The corporate subscription cost of ABBY FineReader PDF is $24 per month.
- It enables the user to edit digital as well as scanned PDF files.
- This app comprises a wide range of editing tools.
- You can edit easily without the need to go back to the original file.
- It is expensive for small businesses and individual users.
- It does not have a feature called full-text indexing which enables quick search results.
Also Read: How to Export WhatsApp Chat as PDF
PDFelement is PDF editor free download for Windows 10. It is one of the best picks when you are considering a free PDF editor. It is very easy to download and use. It is compatible with all devices and also allows users to use cloud storage for saving files. Other distinct features of this PDF editor are mentioned below:
- Like other PDF editors, it enables the user to read, create, edit, and annotate PDF files.
- PDFelement allows users to scan documents with the OCR feature.
- You can also add digital signatures and edit scanned documents.
- It allows users to convert, combine, and split PDFs.
- The quarterly, yearly, and lifetime plan costs $29.99, $79.99, and $129.99 respectively.
- The user interface of the app is simple and friendly for both beginners and experts.
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android.
- With the paid version, users get access to various tools.
- The user interface is easy-to-use.
- PDFelement is an affordable PDF editor.
- It is compatible with a wide range of devices.
- It provides a free desktop version of the app.
- The free and trial version has selective features.
- It is considered occasionally slow.
8. Adobe Acrobat Pro
Adobe Acrobat Pro is one of the best free PDF editor as it is from the company which created the PDF file format itself. Like the above-mentioned, Adobe Acrobat Pro is all about creating, editing, and sharing PDF files. Some amazing features of the app are listed below:
- With Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can easily create PDF files in multiple ways.
- It allows users to create interactive forms, and sign and fill in details.
- It provides features with which you can edit text, and images, add borders, change the font, organize pages, and much more.
- It exports PDF files in different file formats like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- It enables users to save documents in encrypted form by adding passwords.
- Adobe Acrobat Pro has two subscription plans Standard and Pro which costs $12.99 and $19.99 respectively
- It is compatible with Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices.
- It consists of exceptional editing features in comparison with other PDF editors.
- The user interface is simple and easy to use.
- The OCR feature enables the scanning and editing of scanned documents.
- It is expensive compared to other free PDF editors.
- Individuals or Small businesses may not find it suitable due to its cost.
- There are complaints regarding fonts by users.
Also Read: Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
9. AbleWord PDF editor
AbleWord PDF editor free download for Windows 10 is one of the easiest to download and use. It is a completely free PDF editor that comes in use for editing PDF files. It is not a popular app but its functions make it the best PDF editor. Editing PDF files in this editor is as easy as working on MS Word. Let’s have a look at the features of the AbleWord PDF editor:
- With this editor, you can change the font, and edit columns, header and footer, images, borders, text, and bullet details.
- It also allows users to convert PDF files into different file formats.
- This PDF editor is exclusively compatible with Windows.
- The app displays the word count of the document.
- The app has an online guide to help users with doubts.
- It enables users to view the document in print and draft layout.
- It has a simple, clean, and easy-to-use interface.
- Despite being completely free, it consists of all the basic editing tools.
- Some of the features of the app are similar to MS Word.
- The output from the AbleWord PDF editor is not as good as the output from other PDF editors.
- It cannot be used by Mac, Android, and iOS users.
- It does not have an automatic spell-check feature.
- Limited features are available as this editor was last updated in 2015.
10. Foxit PDF editor
Foxit PDF editor is one of the most powerful editing tools available that enable users to flexibly work with PDF files. It offers affordable and fast PDF solutions. Like the other PDF editors, it consists of all the basic and advanced editing tools. Other salient features of the app are listed below:
- It consists of editing tools like annotations.
- It enables users to create and edit PDF files.
- You can also convert PDF files to and from Word, Jpeg, Excel, and many more.
- With Foxit PDF editor you can ensure the safety of your file by adding passwords.
- Splitting and merging PDF files and digital signatures are possible with this free PDF editor.
- The user interface of the app is somewhat similar to MS Word.
- The subscription costs $49 to $129 depending upon the user’s choices.
- It is compatible with Windows and Mac.
- It offers free add-ons for Windows and Mac.
- It provides exceptional redaction tools.
- The app gives a free trial for 14 days.
- The files converted online can be glitchy.
- It cannot be used on Android and iOS devices.
- The interface of the app is not easy-to-use.
11. PDF Agile
PDF Agile is PDF editor free download that can be the best solution for all your PDF-related issues. It enables users to access the free desktop and online editor. Although it does not have a monthly subscription plan, users can use the other available subscription plans:
- PDF Agile enables users to quickly create and edit PDF files.
- Editing also involves modifying scanned documents.
- You can also convert PDF files to and from MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint without any change in the format.
- It enables users to read, comment, and annotate PDF files.
- Apart from these features, you can also protect PDF files by adding passwords.
- It allows you to permanently delete unwanted text and sensitive information.
- You can use this app to add digital signatures.
- The subscription plans are half-yearly, yearly, and lifetime which costs $39, $59, and $119 respectively.
- This PDF editor allows the translation of PDF files from one language to another.
- It enables the extraction of text from Scanned documents.
- It provides users with an easy user interface.
- Online access only allows the conversion of PDF files.
- The free desktop version has limited features.
Also Read: How to insert a PDF into a Word Document
12. Ashampoo PDF Pro 3
Ashampoo PDF Pro 3 is one of the most upgraded and powerful PDF editing tools you can find. This PDF editor free download for Windows 10 consists of a wide range of editing functions. It is one such app that is available for download without any hustle. Some of the other features of this free PDF editor are:
- This PDF editor has all the basic functions like creating, editing, splitting, converting, merging, and protecting your PDF files.
- It consists of auto-repair features.
- It enables users to compare two docs simultaneously.
- The snapshot feature lets you take a screenshot of the required data.
- It provides users with a convenient ribbon-based interface.
- This PDF Editor enables you to seamlessly zoom in on the document.
- It only offers a lifetime subscription plan which costs $15.
- It offers support in multiple currencies and languages.
- It offers a dark mode for the convenience of users.
- This app enables you to switch to different modes with the toolbar.
- It consists of an intuitive user interface.
- The free version has limited features.
- It is only valid up to 10 days.
Sejda is another PDF editor free download for Windows 10. It is one of the best free PDF editors if you are looking for one. It offers various free editing tools on both the web as well as the desktop version. Some of the features of the Sejda PDF editor are:
- Sejda allows you to convert your PDF files to and from other file formats.
- It enables users to arrange, rearrange and annotate the pages in PDF files.
- It consists of features like Find and Replace for PDF.
- With this PDF editor, you can create, edit, merge, compress, and crop PDF files.
- The search bar enables you to quickly find the required tools.
- The subscription plan for this PDF editor is yearly which costs $63.
- This app provides users with new and unique features like resizing, repairing, extracting images, editing metadata, etc.
- It also allows users to fill in interactive PDF forms.
- It provides most of the editing tools in the free version.
- You can only perform three tasks in a day.
- The free version comes with a lot of limitations, unlike the pro version.
14. XODO PDF editor
XODO PDF editor is a PDF editing app that offers both online and desktop-mode PDF editing tools. It contains plenty of PDF editing tools that can be used to create, view, edit, annotate, and share PDF files. Other distinct features of this PDF editor are listed below:
- This PDF editor enables you can create, edit, merge, compress, and crop PDF files.
- It allows you to secure your data by adding passwords.
- XODO PDF editor is compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS devices.
- The user interface of the app is intuitive.
- The monthly subscription plan costs $12.
- It gives you access to more than 30 editing tools in the free version.
- You can use this app on the web, desktop, and mobile phones.
- It enables you to store 1 GB of data in your XODO drive.
- There are complaints regarding the app being slow.
- The free version lacks some features.
15. PDF-Xchange Editor Plus
PDF-Xchange Editor Plus is one of the finest PDF tools available for Windows 10. You can easily download it from their official website, and install and use it. You can also go for the paid version if you are looking for advanced features. Some of the features of this free PDF editor are listed below:
- This PDF editor allows you to create and edit PDF files.
- It consists of an easily available quick-access toolbar.
- Along with the PDF file, you can also edit the file metadata.
- You can view and edit interactive forms.
- It provides an enhanced OCR engine to scan and edit documents.
- It enables users to create dynamic stamps.
- It also allows comparing docs in a single window.
- The app is simple and fast.
- The user interface is customizable.
- It is not compatible with Mac.
- You have access to limited features.
pdflayer gives developers access to high-resolution HTML to PDF conversion through an automated API. This API creates a customizable PDF from a URL or raw HTML. Integration is quick and easy, adding PDF conversion to your application in minutes. Its salient features are:
- This tool generates custom PDFs directly from URLs or raw HTML.
- PDFs are stored securely via a CDN for quick access.
- It runs in a PDF engine based on real browsers.
- Additionally, it automates PDF creation directly from your application.
- It allows you to export edited PDF files in PNG, JPG, or HTML formats.
- Also, this tool offers full customization and watermark support.
- Price plans start at $9.99 a month with a 20% Discount on Yearly Payments.
- It is easy-to-use
- Users can convert from URL and HTML to PDF.
- A rate-limiting error may be returned.
17. IceCream Apps PDF Editor
Due to its effectiveness, IceCream Apps PDF Editor is one of Windows’ most used free PDF editors. The free version has limited functionality but can perform the tasks you want. Some of its features are given below:
- This program allows you to edit PDF files for free and protect your data with a password.
- The free version has limited functionality but can perform the tasks you want.
- Users can also use one of the software’s splitting modes to split a PDF file into single-page files or different sections or even remove certain pages.
- It is compatible with both Windows and Mac.
- This software is available for a $49.95 one-time price.
- It combines and reorganizes pages from different PDF files.
- Also, it encrypts your documents for an extra layer of security.
- PDF files cannot be fully edited.
- The featured kit of this application is very limited.
18. Able2Extract Professional
Able2Extract Professional is a software tool for converting, creating, and editing PDF files. This software converts PDF files to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCAD, Images, and Publisher. This PDF editor tool is a cross-platform editor for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- This software allows you to customize by choosing the pages, paragraphs, or lines you want.
- Also, this software makes it easy to automate large numbers of PDF documents.
- You can convert PDF files to many open-source formats, such as Writer (ODT), Impress (ODP), and Calc (ODS).
- Besides this, you can export your edited PDF to MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT), AutoCAD, HTML, or image formats.
- Also, it supports sticky notes, underlines, highlighters, stamps, caret, squiggles, strikethroughs, attachments, links, and watermarks.
- The supported platforms are Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Users can buy the paid version at $34.95 a month.
- It offers conversions with AI assistance.
- Also, this editor offers good output quality and accuracy.
- It does not allow auto-detection of fonts in PDF editing.
19. Foxit PhantomPDF
Foxit PhantomPDF is another free PDF editor software for Windows 10 that allows you to easily edit PDF files without any expert idea.
- With this Windows PDF editor, you can merge and split PDF files, annotate and share PDF files, create PDF forms, and convert PDF to other popular file formats.
- You can encrypt, delete, and sign PDF documents.
- Before you can access the free version, you need to fill out the form and download the free trial version.
- It allows users to work with scanned documents using OCR features.
- You can easily create and design PDF forms to your liking.
- The interface is a bit difficult to understand.
DocHub is an online PDF editor tool for editing, sending, and signing PDF files. Simplify your document workflow with this online tool. You can also use this free PDF editor software to digitally annotate and sign PDF documents. This tool is integrated with Gmail, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- You can receive signed PDF files with Sign Requests, DocHub, and eSignatures.
- This tool allows you to insert images, annotate, and create fields.
- Also, you can quickly and easily create different templates and forms.
- You can export the edited PDF in Doc format.
- It supports whiteout reduction, highlights, underline, and strikeout.
- The price plan starts at $6/ month with a 2% Discount on Yearly Payment.
- Users can enable OAuth 2.0 authentication and 256-bit SSL encryption for security.
- Premium versions are not very costly.
- The interface is a little tricky to understand.
IlovePDF is a free and easy-to-use tool for working with PDFs. You can easily split, merge, convert, watermark, and compress PDF files. The app allows you to manage your PDF documents collectively or individually on the web.
- You can combine and merge PDFs as needed.
- Also, you can reduce PDF file size and improve PDF quality.
- This tool allows you to add page numbers to PDFs.
- Besides these, you can delete pages and add them to your PDF.
- You can export your edited PDF in Word, Powerpoint, Excel, PDF, or JPG formats.
- Also, it supports adding text, importing images and photos, inserting shapes, emojis, symbols, hand drawing and annotations.
- Windows and Mac are the supported platforms.
- The basic plan starts at $2.50/month.
- It is easy to add watermarks to PDF files.
- You can convert PDF to JPG and vice versa in seconds.
- It can be a bit annoying to see too many ads on their website.
Being one of the best free PDF editor for Windows, novaPDF makes it easy to create industry-standard PDF files. You have to just open the file, click print, and select novaPDF to generate the PDF. An easy and fast way to generate PDFs.
- This tool includes features for both novice and advanced users.
- You can convert any document to PDF.
- This editor tool provides an easy-to-use add-in for Microsoft Office.
- You can effectively manage printer driver licenses.
- Also, you can create a PDF document by pasting text or paragraphs from one PDF file into another.
- It offers PDF editor free download for Windows 10.
- You can buy this tool for $29 (one-time payment).
- You can export your edited PDF in DOCX, XLSX, PPTX, PUBX, HTML, or TXT formats.
- It provides 256-bit AES encryption to protect PDFs
- PDF cannot be converted to different formats except the formats mentioned above.
- It has a very tricky interface.
23. soda PDF
soda PDF editor tool makes working with PDF documents easy. You can freely edit PDF files on your Windows 10 PC.
- You can create PDFs from over 300 file types and convert them to MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and more.
- You can also edit the text similar to a word processor.
- Users can create custom forms, add new elements, secure and sign PDF files, annotate pages, convert scanned documents to editable PDFs with OCR, and more.
- The starting price of Soda PDF is $84/year.
- You can easily create PDF forms without expert ideas.
- It can save documents to cloud storage services.
- You can save documents in the free version without the watermark.
- The free version is limited, after which you will have to buy a plan
24. EaseUS PDF Editor
EaseUS PDF Editor is a great PDF editing software for Windows 10.
- It offers many advanced editing features, with the help of which you can add or remove text, insert images, add watermarks and annotate PDF files in minutes.
- Apart from editing options, this Windows PDF editor also allows you to manage PDF pages by cropping, splitting, rotating, replacing, etc.
- If your document contains sensitive information, you can use this program to password-protect your PDF files from unauthorized viewing.
- Data Recovery is not a challenge anymore. EaseUS serves as a dependable data recovery application to retrieve lost data with simple clicks.
- You can easily combine different PDF formats.
- It quickly compresses PDF to 100 KB without sacrificing quality.
- You can easily customize PDF forms in a variety of ways.
- Also, you can easily edit and print protected PDF
- Files above 100 KB might lose their quality when compressed.
25. Nuance Power PDF
Nuance Power PDF is easy-to-use software with advanced features. It provides all the tools and features your business needs. It is designed to make business users more productive.
- Nuance Power PDF provides the ability to annotate, markup, protect and compress PDFs.
- You can create a PDF file from your scanner with one click.
- It has drag-and-drop functionality to combine files and delete or replace pages.
- A Nuance Power PDF Standard license costs $129.99. Its PDF converter starts at $49.99.
- It also provides features such as document conversion, search, and connectivity.
- It is simple and easy to use.
- It is a pricey PDF editor free download for Windows 10.
26. Qoppa PDF Studio
Qoppa PDF Studio is a reliable, full-featured, easy-to-use PDF editing software alternative to Adobe Acrobat that gives you all the PDF features you need at a fraction of the cost. PDF Studio remains fully compatible with the PDF standard.
- You can create, upload, or scan PDFs easily.
- Annotate and markup PDFs are available for users.
- Users can convert PDFs from multiple formats.
- It is easy to create and fill forms.
- Merging and sharing files is simple.
- Safety and security for PDFs are provided.
- Batch processing is done for PDF.
- The tool is available for $89 (one-time fee).
- To make PDF searchable, they have OCR.
- It has a complex interface.
27. FineReader PDF
FineReader PDF is an Artificial Intelligence powered PDF editor designed to maximize your efficiency in the digital workplace. It provides the user with excellent PDF editing options.
- Users can easily digitize, edit, share, collaborate, and protect different types of documents in one workflow.
- You can edit entire text and paragraphs, add new paragraphs by typing or copying and pasting, and rotate and edit table cells.
- Users can also change the formatting of text, sentences, or entire paragraphs, text font, style, color, alignment, and spacing.
- Windows and Mac operating systems are compatible with FineReader PDF.
- There are three pricing editions of FineReader PDF for Windows and Mac, ranging from $69 to $165.
- It offers multiple content editing options.
- Users can fix major changes without returning to the layout to recreate them. This saves time and energy.
- This tool allows you to edit digital or scanned PDF files.
- There is no full-text indexing to speed up text searches.
- Great features are available in the premium version but are expensive for small businesses.
Epubor is a PDF solver designed to meet the needs of various customers. The program is tailored to provide the best solution for ebooks and audiobooks.
- This product is available in both free and pro versions.
- It supports annotations, adds new PDFs, and does not limit the size of edited PDFs.
- It also offers various editing panels and file features to transform how you edit PDF files.
- Epubor is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- Epubor has 2 price packages, i.e., $24.99/1 PC/1 year and $49.99/1 PC to $99.99 for 2–5 PCs for a lifetime.
- It provides a secure library for storing PDF pages.
- The interface is easy to use, and users do not need to follow strict instructions or have specialized knowledge.
- It is also a file converter and supports ePub, TXT, PDF, AZW3, and Mobi files
- It is not perfect for e-books and audiobooks.
- It does not offer multiple editing features for its PDF editing as the competitors do.
29. Kofax Power PDF
Kofax Power PDF is a strong and easy-to-use solution for a free PDF editor. It helps the user create, convert, share, edit, and sign PDF Files. Some of its features are listed below:
- It is a simple and effective tool for converting PDF files.
- It helps users to edit text and images
- Kofax Power PDF is compatible with Windows and Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur.
- Power PDF 5 Advanced for Windows costs $179 for a lifetime.
- Files like Word, Excel, PPT, HTML, and JPG can easily be formatted using Kofax Power PDF.
- Users’ documents are kept with maximum safety and security.
- The premium version is costly.
- The basic interface is simple and not complicated to use, but it doesn’t look appealing.
30. Corel PDF Fusion
Corel PDF Fusion is a free PDF editor that allows you to easily create, edit, and manage PDFs. It helps you quickly assemble a new PDF document from pages of existing material. You can also export a PDF document and send it by email.
- You can easily add bookmarks and comments to PDF files.
- Additionally, you can edit or add text anywhere in your document.
- You can share your files with others by converting them to PDF, XPS, or Microsoft Word formats.
- You can rearrange, rotate, or crop pages.
- It helps you mark up your documents with highlights and sticky notes.
- Edited PDF files can be exported in PDF, DOC, and XPS formats.
- It supports freehand lines and arrows.
- Moreover, it is compatible with Windows.
- Plans start at $54.99 a month with a 15% Discount on Yearly Payments.
- It is perfect for individuals or businesses of all shapes and sizes.
- You can extract data into various other formats.
- Embedding videos when creating PDF files is not supported.
Factors to Consider While Choosing a PDF Editor
It is confusing to pick a PDF editor when you have so many options available. Thus, it can be a little easier to pick a PDF editor when you consider the factors mentioned below:
- Analyze your requirements as to why you need a PDF editor.
- Read reviews for all the apps that you have in options.
- Compare the features of the apps that you think might work for you.
- Work on the trial version of the apps that you have finally chosen.
- See if its subscription fits your budget.
- Ensure they have good customer support to help you with your queries.
- 7 Ways to Fix WhatsApp Not Syncing Contacts on Android
- 26 Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives
- 3 Methods to Convert PDF to Google Sheets
- 25 Best eBook Writing Software to Download Free
All the above-mentioned websites are the best free PDF editors. Each of the websites varies in terms of its compatibility, free access, trial, subscription plans, etc. Therefore, users must consider all the factors before purchasing a PDF editor. We hope this guide helped you to find out the best free PDF editor. Please share your queries or suggestions in the comment section below.