Remote access has gained popularity with businesses as it facilitates off-site support and ease of virtual meetings. The concept of remote access gained popularity during the COVID pandemic. A popular name for remote administration has been TeamViewer. It can be installed and used very easily and continuous system update helps it to retain popularity among professionals. TeamViewer, like any other software, has some pros and cons. If you’re searching for free TeamViewer alternatives then you’re at the right place. In this blog, we are going to tell you about what is TeamViewer, and the available TeamViewer alternatives Android.
Best Free TeamViewer Alternatives
Continue reading to know about the list of free open source TeamViewer alternatives in detail.
What is TeamViewer?
Founded in the year 2005 and headquartered in Goppingen, Germany, TeamViewer is a software designed for remote management which has been installed in more than 2.5 billion devices around the globe. The software provides a platform for connectivity to remotely access, monitor, manage, and control any kind of device such as a laptop, computer, or mobile phone. It is free-to-use software for private use and has helped various businesses to digitize their critical processes. TeamViewer has a significant contribution to the innovation of the fields of the Internet of things, Artificial Intelligence, and Augmented Reality.
What are the Features of TeamViewer?
- First of all, TeamViewer remote access your devices such as phones, laptops, and computers.
- Secondly, it comes with remote support tools which are specially designed for technicians and support agents.
- TeamViewer supports mobile devices which enables you to share the screen of your smartphones. You can connect between the supported platforms.
- The messaging tools and video conferencing feature has been integrated with TeamViewer software.
- TeamViewer enables you to share files and documents quickly between connected devices.
- The software is compatible with iOS, Windows, Linux, and Android.
What are the Reasons for Finding Alternatives of TeamViewer
There are a number of reasons why users are finding free TeamViewer alternatives and some of these are listed below:
- The biggest reason is that it is not free for commercial use and the plans offered are costly.
- Proxy limitation is another issue with TeamViewer. The software doesn’t allow you to work on a proxy server.
- TeamViewer doesn’t allow you to send large-size files which becomes a major problem also its’ file transferring speed is very slow.
- Though the software is compatible with different operating systems still its performance in Linux is not up to the mark.
- Even if the internet connectivity is excellent, there are lagging issues in the software’s free version.
- There have been reports of personal information theft by many users.
List of Free TeamViewer Alternatives
Due to some restrictions, people began searching for TeamViewer’s Alternatives. TeamViewer was an important software from the viewpoint of businesses of various sizes. A large sect of employees from large organizations relied on TeamViewer for managing different business tasks. If you’re someone who is searching for TeamViewer alternative open source then you’re at the right place. In this blog, we’re going to tell you about the best free TeamViewer alternatives which you can use to work more effectively and efficiently. The list contains the alternatives which have advanced features and functionalities.
1. Chrome Remote Desktop
It is the simplest TeamViewer alternative that runs as an extension within the Google Chrome Browser. Chrome Remote Desktop is the best TeamViewer alternative open-source alternative which is completely free to use. The alternative allows you to remote access the computers over the internet and control them remotely. Its’ features are listed below:
- This alternative offers its users multi-monitor support.
- Chrome remote desktop is available on all major platforms.
- It allows you to remote access the device even when the user isn’t logged in.
- There is no need for specialized software because Chrome Remote Desktop is a browser-based alternative.
AnyDesk is considered the fastest TeamViewer alternative android and the picture quality delivered is also very good. It is software that can be installed like a regular program. The software ensures highly secure remote desktop connections. AnyDesk offers the fastest data transmission. Some features of the software are listed below:
- The software offers a recording feature that helps in recording the remote session.
- It is compatible with iOS, Android, Linux, and Windows.
- Interface of the software is very lightweight and user-friendly.
- The software updates itself to the newer versions automatically.
Also Read: 16 Best Free Screen Recorders for PC
Splashtop is considered the best alternative of TeamViewer. It is a secure and scalable solution for remote access needs. The focus is on security and Splashtop ensures that your remote connection is fully secured. The software is compatible with different devices such as mobiles, laptops, tablets, etc. The features are listed below:
- Splashtop supports remote access and it has an in-built session recording feature.
- The software has a secured interface facilitated by multi-level password security.
- It is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows.
- This software offers a reliable HD remote desktop connection.
Another free TeamViewer alternatives is LogMeIn which is a cloud-based software that functions as a single-point management tool with remote support. The software provides a multi-monitor display which helps to present multiple remote monitors. LogMeIn comes with 1TB of free cloud storage to transfer files quickly and securely. The focus is primarily on effective and efficient data sharing. Its features are listed below:
- There is no limit on the file size being shared among remote devices in LogMeIn.
- It comes with a remote printing feature that helps you print various documents and files.
- The cloud-based software also has a multi-monitor display.
- The 1TB file storage is an excellent add-on.
Also Read: 8 Best Fire TV Mirroring Apps
5. Ammyy Admin
Ammyy Admin is a tool for remote management and remote desktop management. It is another one of TeamViewer alternative open source. The multi-functional remote access tool is greatly suited to large companies. There is no need to install the software because you just have to download a small file that can be executed. A unique user id is created to access the external devices thereby preventing unauthorized access. Features of Ammyy Admin are listed below:
- The remote access tool offers the best data transfer security.
- Voice chat feature of Ammyy Admin enhances user experience.
- This tool is compatible with Windows and Linux.
- You can transfer different types of files such as text files, music files, or photos.
If your main purpose is to use remote access tools for online meetings then Mikogo is an apt alternative. The program requires no installation because it is accessible in the browser via Windows, Android, Linux, and iOS. Up to 25 users can have access to a single device at the same time. All the functions and standard features of online meeting software are available in Mikogo. The following list contains features of the program:
- The program enables you to send large-sized files to distant devices even during the remote session.
- Mikogo helps you to schedule your meeting in advance.
- You get a high-quality teleconference experience in Mikogo.
- In-built multiple monitor support enhances the overall user experience.
Also Read: Fix Screen Mirroring Amazon Firestick Issues
This software uses NX technology to provide the highest quality and fastest remote desktop experience. With NoMachine you can stream audio/video files from remote devices. The free-to-use software gives you the option to transfer and access files. The recording feature helps you to record the sessions which can be extremely useful for future reference. Features of NoMachine are listed below:
- NoMachine is compatible with Android, Linux, Windows, and iOS.
- The ads won’t disturb you as the tool has no ads or restrictions.
- Compatibility is limited with mobile and smartphone devices.
- It has an extensive set of features that are designed to fulfill users’ demands.
8. ConnectWise Control
ConnectWise Control was earlier known as ScreenConnect before ConnectWise acquired it. The product can be used by individuals as well as by businesses. But the business version of the product is far better than the individual version. It offers a scalable experience for both, teams and individuals. ConnectWise Control is primarily designed for business purposes. Some features of it are listed below:
- ConnectWise Control supports session recording and remote access.
- The software has an in-built chat support feature.
- You can exchange files, share your opinions on various topics, and work simultaneously.
- This software is compatible with iOS and Android.
Also Read: How to Screen Share Netflix on Discord
This is remote access software that allows you to control another computer from your device. The software works well with windows and allows you to transfer large files between the connected devices. In-built conference features and remote access facilitates communication. RemotePC is another TeamViewer alternative open source. The features of RemotePC are listed below:
- You can connect to your home or office computer from anywhere.
- RemotePC is compatible with different platforms, but it works efficiently on Windows and macOS.
- RemotePC enables the user to chat with the participants during sessions.
- File transfer is another important feature of RemotePC.
10. ISL Online
ISL Online is another alternative for TeamViewer. You’re given multiple ways such as a desktop app, joining link, or browsers to connect to a remote desktop. It is a fast, secure, and easy-to-use TeamViewer alternative android that also supports file sharing and session recording. Some features of ISL Online are listed below:
- The tool offers maximum security to its users in terms of file sharing.
- ISL Online has the best customization options which enhance the overall experience of the user.
- The tool is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, and iOS.
- There is no limit on the number of users.
Also Read: 11 Best Showbox Alternatives
This is a cloud-based remote access platform primarily used by IT support teams and employees to access their devices from anywhere. The tool focuses on the performance and reliability of the remote connections. For Mac and Windows users GoToMyPC is a great TeamViewer alternative Android. The following list contains features of GoToMyPC:
- In GoToMyPC only 5 users are allowed at a time and you can record the sessions for future reference.
- The platform offers interruption-free support.
- Different files can be transferred quickly even during the live sessions.
- It is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, and Kindle.
12. Microsoft Teams
It is a cloud-based team collaboration software that supports screen-sharing and is as the most reliable alternative of TeamViewer for the users. The software enables remote and local workers to collaborate in real time across different devices. Business messaging, file sharing, video meetings, and calls are the core features and capabilities of Microsoft Teams. Some features of it listed below:
- The software has an in-built messaging chat feature which helps to connect with the team more efficiently.
- Video meetings can be conducted on Microsoft teams.
- Screen-sharing feature of Microsoft teams lets you share your Desktop screen.
- File sharing is another important feature of this software.
Also Read: Top 15 Best Free Spokeo Alternatives
13. Dameware Remote Everywhere
This software system has two available variations the first one is the Dameware Remote Everywhere which is a cloud-based solution and the second one is the Dameware Remote Support which is an on-premises solution. The software is a secure and fast solution for remote connections. The following list contains features of this software:
- Dameware Remote Everywhere has better identity authentication management for remote connections.
- The software supports screen recording and conferencing features.
- It is compatible with iOS and Android.
- Remote printing options are also available in this cloud-based solution.
14. ZOHO Assist
The software is a remote desktop solution that is free to use making it a spectacular alternative of TeamViewer. ZOHO Assist has multi-platform accessibility which makes it user-friendly as well. It has a super-fast interface that enhances user experience. The list below contains features of the software:
- The software is compatible with Windows, iOS, Linux, and Android.
- Multi-monitor navigation and file transfer are embedded in the overall interface of the software.
- Unattended access feature helps to connect with the devices which do not have users on the other end.
- Quick communication is facilitated by multiple chat options.
Also Read: 57 Best Free BeenVerified Alternatives
15. ManageEngine Remote Access Plus
It is a comprehensive, secure remote support solution helping administrators and desk technicians. The attended support of this solution is remarkable. ManageEngine Remote Access Plus has three versions first one is the free version, the second is standard version and the last one is the professional version. Chat and video features are also there in the solution. Features of ManageEngine Remote Access Plus are listed below:
- This tool turns off computers with no active users thereby reducing running costs.
- The tool has remote access and conferencing features.
- You can connect to unattended remote computers.
- Diagnoses faulty computers thereby facilitating productivity.
16. Remote Desktop Manager
This is a one-stop solution that centralizes remote connections. The solution comes with hundreds of integrated features and technologies. Remote Desktop Manager provides speed, security, and productivity to its users. It gives you secure access to critical assets. Some features of it are listed below:
- Remote Desktop Manager is a single platform, managing and launching all remote connections.
- You can store your important information such as passwords and credentials in a secure vault in this solution.
- The remote access solution is compatible with both Android and iOS.
- All the connections are protected against various attacks with granular protection.
Also Read: 13 Best Mininova Alternatives
17. Microsoft Remote Desktop
Microsoft has free software of remote desktop which can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Microsoft remote desktop can be considered one of the most reliable alternatives of TeamViewer. The software allows you to connect to remote screens. Features of Microsoft remote desktop are listed below:
- The software can be installed on devices functioning on Windows 8 or higher versions.
- This software has excellent compatibility with Windows.
- Screen capturing and viewing features are also available in Microsoft Remote Desktop.
- It supports secure remote access and multiple-session handling.
18. Impero Connect Remote Access Software
The software provides remote access to every platform device. Impero Connect Remote Access Software is a trusted alternative of TeamViewer due to unmatched security and scalability. It has over five hundred plus plans for different business sizes. Some features of the software are listed below:
- Impero connect allows you to connect to different devices functioning on different platforms.
- For videos, it offers you comprehensive privacy options.
- The software offers you three kinds of hosting namely on-premises hosting, hybrid hosting, and cloud hosting.
- It is compatible with Android, Linux, iOS, and Windows.
Also Read: 21 Best Download Manager for Windows 10
19. SupRemo Control
SupRemo Control is an easy, complete solution for remote desktop control. The tool allows you to access remote devices in a few seconds. There is no need to install or patch the software, the small executable file will do the work. Supremo Control allows you to customize the interface according to your needs. The following list contains features of Supremo Control:
- Supremo Control has easy to navigate UI
- The tool is compatible with Android, iOS, Windows, and Linux.
- The safety offered by Supremo Control makes it a better alternative of TeamViewer.
- To launch remote sessions there is no need for human intervention because the tool automatically activates Supremo at the windows start-up of the PC.
The application offers a web portal that helps you manage computing devices and desktops remotely. The tool can be used to transfer files and documents. MeshCentral is a TeamViewer alternative open source, free remote management solution. It is a one-stop solution for remote desktop access. The list below contains features of MeshCentral:
- Video and text chat feature are available in MeshCentral even during remote support sessions.
- It is compatible with Windows and Linux.
- You can access, upload, and download files and documents during remote sessions.
- There will be no firewall issue as MeshCentral is an agent-based app.
21. Apache Guacamole
It is a clientless remote desktop gateway. Apache Guacamole requires no additional plugins and you can access it via web browsers. The web-based panel helps in switching from one device to another. The interface of the panel is very simple and easy to use. Apache Guacamole is an open-source TeamViewer alternative. Some features of it are listed below:
- The desktop sharing feature of the panel is somehow complicated.
- You can easily set up the app with Dockerized version.
- You get an on-screen keyboard which enhances the user experience.
- Apache Guacamole is compatible with Windows.
It is open-source and free software for remote desktop management. You can share your files and documents in Aspia. Reliability comes from the fact that the tool fixes system issues and performs routine check-ups. The installation steps are very easy and the interface is user-friendly. No depending files or software are required to run the application. The features are listed below:
- You can securely share your files and documents in Aspia.
- The application is highly encrypted and contains a high level of authorization.
- Aspia is highly compatible with Windows and MacOS.
This TeamViewer alternative offers high-quality screen sharing and low latency. Screego is another TeamViewer alternative which is open source, free application that helps you to work without hindrance. The application is simple to use and the only limitation is the missing screen keyboard. A few features are listed below:
- The application is compatible with Windows and Linux.
- Video sharing can be done in high-definition and the latency is negligible.
- Screego allows multi-user screen shares.
UltraViewer enables you to control the participant’s device. The software is used in the online education of your business teams. The interface is very simple and easy to use. Some features of it are listed below:
- You can share files and documents in UltraViewer.
- The software has an in-built chat window in which you can send text messages to your team.
- Multi-computer support increases efficiency.
- It is compatible with all versions of Windows.
This TeamViewer alternative open source can be accessed from any web browser. The agent has to be installed on the host computer and you can access it. DWS is also one of free TeamViewer alternatives that allows file transfer via web browsers. The following list contains its’ features:
- You don’t get the audio/video chat feature in DWService.
- It provides you file transfer feature.
- This is open-source, free software that runs on web browsers.
- The application is compatible with Windows, macOS, and Linux.
Also Read: 20 Best Working Alternatives to KissAnime
26. Parallels Access
Parallels Access provides the simplest, fastest, and most reliable remote access to your device from anywhere. The application also has Mobile based applications which are extremely useful for mobile users. The mobile viewing experience is outstanding. Some features of Parallels Access are listed below:
- With Parallels Access you can easily access the macOS and Windows devices from iOS and Android devices.
- You can only access desktops from mobile devices.
- It has extraordinary touch control.
- The app works in full window mode.
- How to Make a Payment Arrangement with Cox
- Top 10 Ways to Fix Android Screen Goes Black During Calls
- Fix Commercial Use Detected TeamViewer in Windows 10
- Fix Teamviewer Not Connecting in Windows 10
We hope that our blog on free TeamViever alternatives helped you by providing a list of options that you can explore and use for remote access. Let us know which of the above-mentioned option was best for you. If you have any suggestions or queries that you want to convey, drop them in the comment section below