Amazon with the recent launch Silk browser seems to be very much in competition with other brands in the market. The browser comes pre-installed on the Kindle Fire tablet and is mostly preferred for other Amazon devices like Fire TV, Echo Show, and Android devices. Much to their surprise, people using the browsers have been looking for alternatives as a result of inconvenience while using the app. In this article, you will read about all Kindle Fire Silk browser alternatives.
Table of Contents
Best Kindle Fire Silk Browser Alternatives
Here, we have shown the best Kindle Fire Silk Browser Alternatives.
What is the Kindle Fire Silk Browser?
Kindle Fire Silk browser is developed exclusively for people using Kindle Fire, Fire TV, and Echo show devices. The main purpose of the browser is to give an experience of the browser like no other keeping in mind its speed, safety, and receptivity. Like other browsers, Silk also allows you to search the web, watch videos, add bookmarks, and much more. The browser works on a technology called Split Browser Architecture which makes it stand out among the rest. It enables to the browser work relatively faster.
Limitations of Kindle Fire Silk Browser
Though the Kindle Fire Silk browser was launched to be distinct from the rest of the browsers with its amazing features, it soon turned out to be disappointing with some of its limitations. We have listed the limitations of the Silk browser for kindle fire:
- There are security issues as Amazon’s cloud act as an intermediate between the user and the Internet.
- The users tend to get the search results slowly because the content is not directly received from the cloud.
- It does not include additional features like add-ons or extensions.
- The browser tracks all your moves as they store the information of all the IP addresses you visit for 30 days.
- The browser is full of Amazon-related links.
- There have been complaints about the browser crashing or not starting.
These are the reasons we have listed alternative options for Amazon Fire tablet browser. Read further to know about these browsers.
List of Best Kindle Fire Silk Browser Alternatives
As mentioned earlier we have brought you the list of all the other browsers among which you can find the best browser for Kindle Fire.
Maxthon is one of the finest browsers if you are looking for Amazon fire tablet browsers. The browser is known for its speed and customizable user interface. The Maxthon browser is also called MYIE2. It is a completely free browser with many features. A few of the features are mentioned below:
- Along with browser for Kindle Fire, it is also compatible with Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- It offers a split-screen browsing option, which means multiple web pages can be accessed simultaneously.
- It comprises an in-built ad hunter for blocking advertisements.
- Maxthon enables users to use plugins.
- You can also find options like a built-in screenshot, night and reader mode, private browsing, text re-flow, etc.
- With Maxthon, you can keep your web and mobile browsers synchronized with bookmarks, tabs, address bar links, and other options.
2. Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox is a popularly used web and mobile browser. It is also considered one of the best Kindle Fire Silk browser alternatives. It allows the users to have access to third-party add-ons. The browser consists of an in-built downloader and an ad-blocker. Other than the data-saving mode, Mozilla Firefox consists of the following features:
- The browser is capable of having synchronized data through all devices.
- It provides options like night mode, private browsing, and much more.
- It offers users a faster browsing experience.
- The browser is available in 90 languages.
- Along with Kindle Fire, Mozilla Firefox is also compatible with Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android devices.
- The browser has privacy settings that do not track the activities of the users on the web.
- You can also find options like a built-in screenshot tool, bookmark manager, reader mode, autosuggest URLs, and a lot more.
- The user interface of the browser can be customized accordingly.
Also Read: Fix Mozilla Firefox Couldn’t Load XPCOM Error on Windows 10
Dolphin is a free web browser that can be well substituted as best Kindle Fire browser. The browser is known for its speed and compatibility with a wide range of devices. This browser proves to be an all-in-one browser as it can reduce the functions of some apps with its distinct features. The following are the features of the Dolphin browser:
- The gesture search feature of the app allows the users to write the search query on the keyboard.
- It also comprises a voice search feature.
- Unlike the Silk browser, the Dolphin browser has add-on support.
- The browser offers different modes such as night, incognito, full screen, desktop, and much more.
- Dolphin browser enables the synchronization of tabs, history, passwords, and bookmarks across your devices.
- The user interface of the browser is intuitive and appealing.
- It is compatible with Android and Windows.
4. Google Chrome
Google Chrome has always been the first option for many when considering browsers. For Kindle Fire users it may work wonders because of the limitations of the in-built Silk browser. The browser as mentioned above synchronizes your web activities through all your devices by signing in to the Google account. Let’s dig in to find out other features of Google Chrome:
- It gives a faster browsing experience.
- It can reduce data usage by up to 50% by compressing images, fonts, and other web objects.
- The safe browsing option warns the user before visiting any website that can be harmful.
- It consists of features like voice search.
- The user interface can be customized accordingly with themes.
- Different modes are available like dark and incognito.
- Chrome allows you to multitask by organizing tabs.
- This browser can also enable extensions in incognito mode.
Also Read: How to Perform Chrome Openload Fix
Opera browser for Kindle Fire is a good decision if you are looking to switch to another browser. This browser is popular for being fast, safe, and private. It consists of features like an in-built advertisement blocker and VPN which makes browsing easy and secure. Read further to know other features of the browser.
- The flow feature of the browser helps you connect through all your devices and sync web-related data.
- The provision of night mode with different lighting options helps users with a good reading experience during the night.
- The browser asks for permission for saving your credentials while using different sites.
- Opera browser enables the user to change the text size of the website and use text wrapping for a better reading experience.
- The browser provides you with a personalized news feed.
- You can turn on the data saving mode to reduce the usage of data, as this mode compresses the quality of the image, text, and other web objects.
- With this browser, users can easily switch to the incognito mode for private browsing.
- The in-built VPN enables safe and secure browsing with Opera.
- The user interface of the browser ensures a convenient browsing experience.
Naked browser is a very basic browser that can be counted as best for the Amazon Fire tablet browser. The browser is known for its speed and minimalist user interface. With the Naked browser you can get features like multiple tabs, crash restores, and much more. Like other browsers, this is also free of cost. We have listed more features of the browser below:
- Naked browser is the simplest to download and install.
- The browser is safe and secure to use.
- It allows the users to manage multiple tabs and bookmarks.
- This browser gives you an advertisement-free experience.
- The gesture feature makes it all the easier to access the web just by sliding your fingers.
- The Naked browser has a filter screen mode which enables the users to have a wide screen by hiding the status bar.
Also Read: Top 11 Best Private Browsers For Android
7. UC Browser
UC browser can be the best Kindle Fire Silk browser alternative, as the browser adapts itself to the speed of the internet connection. With the UC browser, users have the perk to enjoy different social media platforms in different modes. The browser is known for its fast and smooth web surfing. Other features of the UC browser are listed below:
- The browser allows the user to search with voice commands.
- The user interface of the browser is attractive and can be customized accordingly.
- The in-built RSS reader of the browser keeps you updated with the latest news from popular news channels.
- The auto-fill feature reduces the typing effort of the users.
- UC Browser provides night mode for a better reading experience in a dark environment.
- The browser enables the user to share web pages among different social media sites.
- Like other browsers, UC browser also supports gesture commands.
- It can reduce data usage by compressing images, fonts, and other web objects.
- The updated download feature in the browser has enhanced the download speed and functioning.
Tor is another browser that you can use as best Kindle Fire browser instead of the in-built Silk browser. Tor browser is known for its efficiency in providing users with a private browsing experience by letting them stay anonymous online. Tor is the abbreviation for The Onion Router. One of the peculiar features of the browser is that the browsing history is cleared automatically after every session. A few more features of the browser are listed below:
- Tor browser helps users to get access to geo-restricted content.
- It encrypts information between the user and the server.
- A VPN is recommended for downloading the browser.
- Other than Kindle Fire, the browser is compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux as well.
- An in-built advertisement blocker enables the users to have an uninterrupted browsing experience.
- The browser is also compatible with Firefox add-ons.
- With tor, you can manage passwords as well as bookmarks.
- The browser allows the use of multiple tabs.
Also Read: 14 Best Fastest Browsers for Android
The Dot browser is termed a good Amazon Fire tablet browser. The browser is mainly designed keeping privacy in mind and is an open-source browser. The user interface of the browser is elegant, easy to use, and can be customized accordingly. The in-built advertisement blocker is one of the best features of the browser. Other features of the browser are as follows:
- It is a free browser.
- The Dot browser enables the use of various languages.
- The browser warns when users tend to open malicious websites.
- The news feed of the browser keeps you up to date with the latest news and current affairs.
- The Dot browser indicates when a tab is playing audio.
- Apart from Fire tablets, the Dot browser is compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- The browser has privacy settings that do not track the activities of the users on the web.
- Users can synchronize bookmarks, history, and other settings through all the devices.
10. UR Browser
UR browser for Kindle Fire is a browser to be considered as an alternative to the Silk browser. It is a browser well known for providing a fast and secure browsing experience. This browser enables users to use the web safely giving their privacy priority. Though the browser has certainly fewer features in comparison with contemporary browsers, it excels in privacy and data protection. Let’s figure out UR browser in detail
- The browser is capable of protecting your online data.
- It has an in-built advertisement blocker and spyware detector.
- It tends to load the web pages faster, as they skip the loading of advertisements, trackers, and cookies.
- They offer different levels to control your privacy as low, medium, and high.
- The communication between the browser and the websites is fully encrypted.
- Downloaded files are free of viruses as they are scanned immediately after downloading.
- The browser serves you with the best search engines and a fruitful newsfeed on the homepage.
- The user interface of the browser is customizable according to the user’s choice.
- The browser also consists of an in-built VPN which keeps the user’s identity anonymous.
Iceraven browser is best kindle fire browser suitable other than the above-mentioned browsers. The main purpose of the browser is to provide the users with more information about the pages they visit. It also provides ways to customize and the responsiveness of the browsers to the pages. Let’s dig in to find more information about Iceraven:
- Just like other browsers, Iceraven is also based on the privacy aspect.
- The browser is open to plug-ins and extensions.
- It is compatible with all iOS and Android devices.
- The browser has been made based on Mozilla’s Fenix Version of Firefox.
- The downloading speed of the browser is exceptional.
- Iceraven is an advertisement-free browser.
- The provision of voice search makes browsing easier.
- Guarantee of safety, trust, and security is provided for the users.
Also Read: Top 20 Best Domain Name Generators
12. Sielo Browser
Sielo Browser is an alternative to the Silk Amazon Fire tablet browser. Although, Sielo provides similar functions like the other browsers. It also performs some advanced functions such as integrated advertisement blocking, saving passwords with permission, proxy and cache management, and so on. Some unique features of the browser are mentioned below:
- Browsing quickly with Sielo is very easy.
- A feature called Tab space divides the browsing window into multiple tabs.
- These tabs can further be muted, hidden, or resized.
- Another feature called the Floating button gives access to important tools easily.
- The user interface of the browser is intuitive and open to customization with themes.
- The browser is compatible with Windows, Linux, macOS, Android, and iOS.
- Sielo offers a safe and secure browsing experience.
- You can also make use of regular features like bookmark management, private browsing, etc.
- How to Fix LoL Wild Rift Login Failed Error
- Can Microsoft Teams Monitor my Phone?
- 20 Best Working Alternatives to KissAnime
- 14 Best Desktop Search Engines For Windows 10
All the above-mentioned browsers are Amazon fire tablet browsers. Each browser has its features, safety, and security issues. Therefore, users must take a look at all the features, pros and cons, and reviews before downloading them. We hope this guide helped you to find out the best Kindle Fire Silk browser alternatives. Please share your queries or suggestions in the comment section below.