Amazon Firestick is an affordable and portable device to watch movies or shows on your TV. This allows you to watch TV shows and movies from Amazon. It also allows you to control your smart home with Alexa functionality. Apart from these, you can enjoy a few games on a big screen. Screen mirroring is a simple process but certain issues can occur. They may be caused due to compatibility, network issues, or improper configurations. Read below to learn to fix screen mirroring Amazon Firestick Issues on Windows 10 including App not found error on Fire TV.
Table of Contents
Fix Screen Mirroring Amazon Firestick Issues
Amazon Firestick mirroring issues may appear due to various reasons. If you’re experiencing trouble connecting your devices, implement the following troubleshooting suggestions.
Method 1: Run Incoming Connections Troubleshooter
The first step towards troubleshooting is to determine the cause behind the problem. Only then will you be able to decide which troubleshooting solution is to be implemented. So, let’s begin by figuring it out. Run Windows Troubleshooter to check and fix any faults in your computer that are causing your Fire Stick to go unnoticed in making Amazon fire stick mirror Windows 10.
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open the Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security.
3. Select Troubleshoot option in the left pane.
4. Select Additional troubleshooters.
5. Under Find and Fix other problems, go to Incoming Connections > Run the troubleshooter to see if there are any problems.
If no issues are discovered then you are facing a different error. Allow Windows to guide you through the troubleshooting process if something does come up.
Method 2: Connect Both Devices to Same Wi-Fi network
The most typical problem with mirroring is that the devices are not on the same network. The majority of routers come with two bands: 2.4GHz and 5GHz. A Wi-Fi band can operate on many channels, similar to how radio can have multiple channels. This function eliminates network overlaps and interference.
1. First, make sure that both devices are connected to the same network.
2. Next, double-check that they’re on the same frequency.
Method 3: Restart Firestick
The Firestick Mirroring option is turned on and it still doesn’t work then, restarting might help if your Windows 10 device doesn’t recognize the USB Firestick.
1. Press the Home button and go to Settings.
2. Select My Fire TV in the Settings menu.
3. Select Restart in the MY FIRE TV menu.
Also Read: How to Turn Off Firestick
Method 4: Reconnect Network
You can troubleshoot internet connectivity by establishing a fresh connection. You can do so by removing the network and reconnecting with it again as follows:
1. Go to your FireTV Settings > Network as shown.
2. Select the See All Networks option. Here, select your network and click on Forget this network.
3. Select the My Fire TV option on the Home screen.
4. Then, select Restart your Fire TV stick as depicted below and try to connect again to PC.
Method 5: Update Windows
Unstable casting, mirroring choice not appearing and a poor connection may all be linked back to your Windows 10 setup. You may need to upgrade your drivers in this scenario to fix screen mirroring Amazon Fire stick issues on Windows 10. Generally, Windows users will have their driver software updated automatically. Alternately, you can check for updates on your Windows 10 desktop/laptop as follows:
1. Press Windows + I keys simultaneously to open Settings.
2. Click on Update & Security as shown.
3. Select Check for updates option.
4A. If you have the updated drivers & operating system, you will see the message You’re up to date as shown.
4B. If you don’t, it will say Updates available. So, click on Install now & restart your PC.
Also Read: How to speed up Firestick
How to Fix Firestick App Not Found Error
Even though making Amazon fire stick mirror Windows 10 is straightforward, software issues and other problems do arise from time to time. One of them is app not found error on Fire TV and here’s how to fix it:
Option I: Basic Fixes
1. Open the connection dialogue box from Notification panel and search for your Fire device.
Note: If you can’t locate it then there was probably an issue with the mirroring. It is a common mistake where mirroring on Fire TV isn’t turned on.
2. Restart your Firestick, turn on the mirroring option & connect with Windows 10.
3. Make sure your account has the right location and country assigned.
Option II: Re-register your Amazon Account
If the above solutions do not work for you, many users suggested re-registering your Amazon account on Fire TV to avoid app not found error.
1. On your Fire TV interface, click on Settings > Account & Profile.
2. Select your Amazon account and then Deregister as depicted below.
3. After that you can register again and check if the error is fixed.
- Fix Error 98 SMS Termination Denied
- 19 Best Firestick Apps for Movies, TV Shows, & Live TV
- How to Cast to Firestick from Windows PC
- 8 Best Fire TV Mirroring Apps
We hope that this guide was helpful and you were able to fix screen mirroring Amazon Firestick issues on Windows 10. Please share this article with your friends. Drop your queries or suggestions in the comments section below.