Adobe InDesign is a typesetting and desktop publishing software program. It’s a basic Word layout application that lets designers and desktop publishers make stunning layouts. InDesign looks to be the ideal partner for many creatives, from generating flyers and brochures to posters, magazines, newspapers, and more. Here, we have listed the best free alternatives to Adobe InDesign in this article. Also, you can find InDesign alternative for Mac, InDesign alternative for Linux, and InDesign alternative for Windows.
Table of Contents
- Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
- 1. Canva
- 2. DesignEvo
- 3. DesignCap
- 4. Microsoft Office Publisher
- 5. Crello
- 6. PDFelement
- 7. Swift Publisher
- 8. 48hourslogo
- 9. LogoGarden
- 10. Affinity Publisher
- 11. Lucidpress
- 12. Desygner
- 13. Conga Composer
- 14. QuarkXPress
- 15. Piktochart
- 16. Canvas
- 17. Windward Studios
- 18. Scribus
- 19. Designbold
- 20. VivaDesigner
- 21. Polotno Studio
Top 21 Best Alternatives to Adobe InDesign
However, InDesign has several restrictions, such as the difficulty of changing mathematical formulae or formulas. Because of InDesign’s intricacy, some people choose to use other applications. Furthermore, balancing the spacing between the two texts requires significant effort. This is a handpicked list of the best tools for replacing InDesign. The list has both open source and paid software. Continue reading to find out about the Adobe InDesign free alternatives for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
Canva is a service that allows you to collaborate on design projects with your colleagues. It is also Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows.
- It has a drag-and-drop interface for creating, sharing, and printing presentations, business cards, and logos, among other things.
- By constructing a graph, this tool also assists you in making outstanding data visualizations.
- It comes with professionally designed templates to help you get more done.
- Text can be added to images.
- It’s perfect for making blog graphics, posters, Instagram posts, Facebook cover photographs, banners, resumes, and business cards, among other things.
- It is available in both free and paid editions.
- Colors, typefaces, and free stock photos are available in the free version.
- Marketers, social media contractors, and start-ups who want to create incredible graphic designs fast and simple are Canva’s target demographic.
- You can publish, share, or download your HD graph with Canva.
- The graph can be included in infographics, presentations, and other documents.
- It has a speech bubble that may be used to create a discussion.
- You may use a variety of effects to improve your shot.
DesignEvo is another Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows. It is an easy-to-use software for creating logos with the following features:
- It allows you to search for templates by category or by keyword.
- Professionally designed icons and typefaces are available.
- It allows you to personalize your design.
- It is possible to utilize it without having to download any software.
- It provides a logo that may be resized without sacrificing pixel quality.
- You can quickly and easily modify an endless number of times.
Also Read: How to Convert Image to Grayscale Paint
DesignCap is the best Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows. It is a simple visual design tool that can be used right in your browser.
- It has many resources to help you create professional-looking infographics, reports, business cards, social media art, and more.
- It provides thousands of templates to choose from in a variety of themes.
- It gives you access to a large number of stock photos and high-quality icons.
- You have the option of uploading your photographs as well.
- Also, you can add charts and data directly from the spreadsheet.
- Text, module, background, and other components may be readily altered in default layouts.
- You are free to distribute the design wherever you choose.
4. Microsoft Office Publisher
Microsoft Office Publisher is a program that lets you make postcards, newsletters, and brochures, among other things.
- It comes with many built-in templates that you can use to create a professional design quickly.
- Microsoft Office Publisher is a program that allows you to design professional-looking layouts.
- You may quickly create one-of-a-kind materials to fit your needs.
- You may send your readers professional-looking email publications.
Also Read: Fix Microsoft Office Not Opening on Windows 10
Crello is a graphic design program for creating pictures for social networking and other web-based visuals.
- It includes a variety of video and presentation formats as well as ready-to-use templates.
- It contains almost 500,000 photographs in its collection.
- This tool may be used to produce eye-catching images.
- Crello lets you make photos, movies, and animations tailored to your marketing needs.
- Its design is compatible with printing, presentations, and tables.
Wondershare’s PDFelement is an InDesign alternative for Mac with notable features listed below:
- On both Mac and Windows, it allows you to create, modify, and sign PDF files.
- This utility may be used to convert PDF files to MS Office files.
- The iPhone and Android apps allow you to access this software from anywhere.
- This application allows you to work with others efficiently.
- Forms may be created, combined for analysis, or data exported to a spreadsheet.
- PDFelement allows you to leave comments on PDF files.
- You may restrict access to sensitive information in your PDF file.
Also Read: How to Change Highlight Color in Adobe Acrobat Reader
7. Swift Publisher
Swift Publisher is a simple publishing and page designing program designed exclusively for Mac users.
- It is an InDesign alternative Mac, and it’s a low-cost desktop publishing tool with over 500 templates for a variety of tasks.
- These templates include bi-fold and tri-fold brochures, catalogs, business cards, social media, disc labels and covers, and address labels.
- A variety of 2D and 3D heading templates, 2,000 free clipart images, and 100 image masks are also included.
- Two-page spreads, limitless layers, master pages, adjustable grids, rich-text tools, printing to RGB or CMYK, and output to PNG, TIFF, JPEG, EPS, and PDF are among the advanced page layout capabilities.
- This utility includes more than 2000 photos.
- It may be used to make brochures, business cards, labels, and other materials.
- This utility includes a large number of clipart.
- Two pages can be viewed and edited simultaneously.
- It lets you construct master pages with headers, footers, page numbers, and other features.
- You may access your albums and collections from the iTunes library or Apple Photos.
- It’s not a replacement for InDesign for Windows or Linux, and it’s just for Mac, but it’s only $19.99.
- If you need to develop a few particular layout designs, you would instead use templates to get things done fast.
- A free trial is available, so you may try it out before purchasing.
48hourslogo is a website where you may create a logo for your company in 48 hours.
- It assists you in producing flyers or posters to reach out to potential clients.
- You will be able to receive a personalized logo design rapidly.
- It provides a variety of logo designs from which to pick.
- It allows you to make changes according to your preferences.
- You may receive a website design that is appropriate for your company.
Also Read: How to Convert PNG to JPG without Losing Quality
LogoGarden is a free tool for creating logos and has its place in this list for its features listed below:
- It allows you to search and browse through a large number of icons.
- This program has design tools, fonts, and colors, among other things.
- You can easily create a business card and a website.
- There are over 1000 brand emblems in this collection.
- It makes it simple to build a one-of-a-kind logo.
- It provides an easy-to-use user interface.
- You will have access to your file 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
10. Affinity Publisher
Affinity Publisher is an InDesign alternative for Linux and a powerful rival to Adobe InDesign. This program was released in 2018 with the notable features listed below:
- The program has a very similar interface to InDesign and can perform many of the same tasks, including fantastic page layout tools for both print and web media.
- You may import InDesign files as well as raster and vector files.
- You can receive a comprehensive preflight inspection from catching any potential mistakes.
- It may be used alone or as part of the Affinity suite of interoperable programs, including the vector editor Affinity Designer and the picture editor Affinity Photo.
- It is compatible with Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- This program may be used to make magazines, booklets, posters, brochures, stationery, and more.
- With clever scaling choices, you may frame the image.
- It allows you to join many links together.
- Tables may be formatted in a variety of ways.
- You may style your text across all pages in your document using Affinity.
- You can type on any curve you like.
- It has beautiful title effects.
- This utility includes a baseline grid to help you align your text.
- The bundle costs £49.99/£48.99 and includes a few templates, making it an excellent bargain even if it isn’t a totally comprehensive InDesign equivalent.
Also Read: How to Fix Scratch Disks Are Full Error in Photoshop
Lucidpress is a straightforward cloud-based desktop publishing application. You can never miss trying this software for its features listed below:
- It is an InDesign alternative Mac aimed toward folks with only rudimentary DTP abilities rather than skilled designers.
- It’s a browser-based application with a simple drag-and-drop interface that provides both free and premium templates to help things go quickly and easily.
- Flyers, brochures, business cards, invites, booklets, newsletters, magazines, and photobooks are examples of print and digital material you may make.
- You can import existing content, publish designs online, embed them in emails or web pages, push them to social media, download them as print-ready files, or order directly from the Lucidpress print shop.
- The software integrates with Google Docs, YouTube, Dropbox, Flickr, Facebook, Unsplash, and others.
- This is a simple and quick method for creating basic designs.
- It’s one of the greatest alternatives to Adobe InDesign since it offers a single platform for building brand templates.
- This tool may be used to personalize your marketing materials.
- You may easily construct a basic template from scratch.
- It allows you to lock image components.
- Templates can be customized.
- You may use it to submit your brand’s logo, fonts, colors, and other elements.
- Your coworkers can collaborate on design over the internet.
- It has smart fields for information such as name, contact information, title, and more.
- Flyers and postcards may be created, printed, and sent directly from the Lucidpress editor.
- It works on any machine that has a web browser.
- You can use the free version available, but it is severely limited.
- To gain features like limitless shapes and documents, unique fonts, and print-quality PDFs, you’ll need to upgrade to the $9.95 per month membership.
Desygner is a web-based online editor for creating and designing websites and marketing materials with the following features:
- You may make adjustments on your computer, phone, or laptop.
- It has a large number of professional templates for creating and designing websites and other marketing materials such as online advertising, headlines, blog photos, and more.
- The program is available in free basic and paid premium editions.
- All image types, including PNG and JPG, are supported by the tool, guaranteeing a seamless operation throughout the mobile app.
- With the right picture size for each social media network, you can quickly publish your Desygner work on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- The program also allows for sharing by email, private links, and website embedding.
- This tool may be used to edit text, pictures, fonts, and other elements.
- You may use layers, multiple page files, and effects with it.
- This Adobe InDesign free alternative has a number of professional layouts.
- It resizes your designs for you automatically.
Also Read: How to Photoshop Convert to RGB
13. Conga Composer
Conga Composer is a program that makes creating and delivering papers, presentations, and reports simple.
- It comes with a slew of well-designed templates.
- You may use this software to organize, schedule, and send essential papers.
- It aids in the simplification and automation of papers and reports.
- It may be linked to CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and CPQ (Customer Price Quote) (Configure Price Quote).
- Google Drive, Box, Amazon S3, Dropbox, and other services allow you to store files directly.
- It delivers digital documents from Salesforce CRM automatically.
QuarkXPress is a WYSIWYG tool that enables you to build and alter complicated page layouts. It was the industry standard for desktop publishing in the 1990s.
- It was required software for in-house designers, newspaper subs, and publishing firms globally.
- It’s a dependable, feature-rich software that can do practically everything InDesign does, to the point that it’s almost unjust that InDesign has taken its place.
- The program, which is available for both PC and Mac, is updated once a year, generally in late spring or early summer.
- Everything from posters and flyers to brochures, catalogs, magazines, ebooks, and online and mobile apps can be created with it.
- It has amazing print and digital design capabilities and the ability to import InDesign files.
- It offers a variety of responsive web design templates.
- In a WYSIWYG editor, you may create a website using HTML5.
- Drop shadows, vector shapes, video, and other effects may be added to your web page.
- Advanced typography is supported.
- You may create vector graphics and shapes.
- It allows you to utilize video as the backdrop of your website.
- You can create responsive layouts in Android and iOS apps with QuarkXPress.
- It now has a new one-year license beginning at $474 for the 2021 edition.
Also Read: Fix Adobe Software You Are Using Is Not Genuine Error
Piktochart is a piece of software that allows you to make infographics, posters, presentations, and flyers, among other things.
- It’s one of the greatest alternatives to Adobe InDesign since it allows you to establish a password, safeguard your designs, and share them with others.
- It comes with a total of 1000 professionally designed templates.
- Animated symbols, interactive charts, films, and photos may be included.
- This application enables you to examine your work in collaboration with others.
- You may post your work to your social networking networks immediately.
Canvas is one of the best alternatives to Adobe InDesign on Windows for sketching, architectural design, and floor planning, among other things.
- Graphic components can be combined in a single document. It has a lot of technical symbols on it.
- You may import and export data in a variety of formats.
- You may use Canvas gfx to make, arrange, and modify mathematical equations.
- It comes with a range of tools for picture editing and vector graphics.
- You may make complicated pages by combining overlapping vector elements.
- It aids in the creation of vector curve pathways using a brushstroke.
- Guides can be used to draw isomorphic projections.
Also Read: How to Disable Adobe AcroTray.exe at Startup
17. Windward Studios
Windward studios are Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows that allows you to automate your documents and is considered the best for the following features:
- It enables you to connect it to your own app or CRM.
- This program may also be used to generate graphically dynamic spreadsheets and slide displays.
- It allows you to personalize the content and format of your documents.
- Without the assistance of a coder, you may develop your template in less time.
- This free Microsoft Office suite allows you to personalize and modify your papers.
- This tool works directly with your current data sources to produce correct documentation.
Scribus is an open-source program for designing web page layouts for Windows, macOS, and other platforms.
- It is an InDesign alternative Linux with the ability to make interactive forms and PDF presentations.
- It has a user interface similar to InDesign, and it has an unusually extensive feature set for a free application.
- It has a vibrant development community that maintains it up to date and assures its long-term stability.
- This is an excellent option if you’re working in independent publishing or on a personal side project and want to utilize a free DTP suite.
- It includes most desktop publishing features found in paid software, such as OpenType, CMYK colors, spot colors, ICC color management, and flexible PDF creation.
- It also offers some unexpected extras like vector drawing tools, color blindness emulation, and the rendering of LaTeX or Lilypond markup languages.
- There are excellent forums and documentation available to assist you in getting up and running quickly.
- The program also includes a library of free layouts for business cards, brochures, and newsletters.
- It saves data in XML format, making it simple to evaluate with any text editor.
- This program provides a dependable color control solution.
- It provides a plethora of PDF export choices.
- More than 200 color palettes are available in Scribus.
Also Read: How to Draw in Microsoft Word in 2022
Designbold is another Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows. It is a picture editing and design firm that operates online comprising of the following characteristics:
- This program may be used to create professional-looking posters, presentations, flyers, and other materials.
- It allows you to save your design as a JPEG, PDF, or PNG file.
- It supports over 150 different document formats.
- The simple editor provides you access to hundreds of distinct templates for social media, papers, and a pool of stock photographs.
- You can create and save adjustments based on your needs because there are no constraints on project creation.
- The free edition of Designbold enables you to submit 5MB of personal files, while the premium version allows you to post 20MB of high-resolution designs.
- Users may create their own backgrounds, fonts, and pictures.
- It allows you to save your design to Dropbox immediately.
- You may collaborate with others by exchanging unique DesignBold URLs.
- Designbold allows you to drag and drop any piece into place.
- A preset filter may be used to alter your images.
VivaDesigner is also one of the best Adobe InDesign free alternative for Windows. It is a program for typesetting and layout. It is a powerful desktop and web-based publisher with many capabilities.
- It can accomplish pretty much everything InDesign does, and because of its native file import feature, it works well with Adobe applications.
- This DTP has a user-friendly interface with change tracking, character inspectors, clipping, expanded image search, multilingual text editing, and many more.
- This application aids in the enhancement of your work process and document management.
- There are a variety of layouts available in this program.
- It has a setting that allows you to restrict the document’s editing capabilities.
- Files from other applications, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, can be imported.
- There is a free version of VivaDesigner, but the premium edition gives you a lot more for a one-time fee of $139/£99 for a personal license and $399/£279 for a business license.
- For such high-end software, the pricing is extremely affordable.
Also Read: 28 Best Free Photo Editing Software for PC
21. Polotno Studio
Polotno Studio is one of the open-source alternatives to Adobe InDesign that you should explore for various reasons listed below:
- It distinguishes itself for its simplicity and clean interface.
- The application cases are social media graphics, corporate presentations, book covers, and more.
- The internet platform is completely free and open-source, and also it does not require you to register to utilize it.
- There are no advertisements on it.
- It offers a WYSIWYG interface that is similar to MS Word.
- This program includes an extensive library of photographs and vector graphic components to help you with your creative tasks, but no templates are currently available.
- This program is not only free, but it also pledges to stay that way for the rest of the time.
- You can utilize this program to create almost everything that InDesign can do in terms of applications.
- Fix Steam Remote Play Not Working in Windows 10
- 30 Best Beginner CAD Software
- 20 Best Free 2D Animation Software in Windows 10
- 26 Best 3D Modeling Software
We hope that this article was helpful and you have learned the best alternatives to Adobe InDesign. In the comment section, please let us know your favorite InDesign alternative Windows, Linux, or Mac. Also, feel free to drop your suggestions or queries in the comment box.