WhatsApp is undoubtedly the best messaging platform with millions of users worldwide. It offers instant messaging & calling features to communicate with friends and family. You can easily send messages, audio recordings, videos, and even make WhatsApp voice or video calls for free. Moreover, WhatsApp allows its users to create chat backups so that they can keep records of important conversations. Although, some people wish to create and save entire conversations as PDF files. Now, the question arises: how to export WhatsApp chat as PDF? Read this guide to know more.
How to Export WhatsApp Conversations as PDF
Reasons to Export WhatsApp chat as PDF
There can be many possible reasons for exporting your WhatsApp conversations as PDF files, and they can be quite subjective. Few common arguments to export WhatsApp chats as PDF are listed below:
- Legal purposes: In legal situations, you can use WhatsApp chats as evidence or proof of claim. Considering the fact that taking screenshots of entire WhatsApp conversations is inconvenient and time-consuming, a better solution is to export these chats as PDF instead. A PDF file is more presentable and also contains the timestamp of all your chat messages.
- Business purposes: You may want to export chats with customers, retailers, suppliers, or other business-related contacts as PDF files for business documentation purposes.
- Research purposes: Various businesses conduct online research through social media platforms, including WhatsApp. They would want to export their responses in a PDF file for compilation and editing.
- Personal Memories: You may want to save certain conversations for emotional reasons and safe-keeping of memories associated with them.
We have explained two methods, along with relevant screenshots, only for our valued readers. Follow along to easily export your WhatsApp conversation as a PDF.
Method 1: Export WhatsApp chat as PDF on your Computer
1. Launch WhatsApp on your device and open the conversation that you wish to export.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon from the top-right corner of the chat screen, as shown below.
3. Tap on More, as shown.
4. Here, tap on Export chat.
5. You will be given two options for exporting conversations: Without Media and Include Media. If you choose the first option, only text messages will be imported, whereas; if you choose the latter, texts along with audio, video, and docs will be imported.
6. After making your choice, select the location where you want to share or store the .txt file of this conversation.
7. Since you want to export WhatsApp chat as PDF, select Gmail or any other mailing app to mail the .txt file to yourself. Send the file to your own email address, as shown.
8. Log in to your email account on your computer and download the .txt file on the system.
9. Once you download the file, open it with Microsoft Word.
10. Finally, Save the word document as a PDF file by selecting PDF in the Save as a drop-down menu. Refer to pic below.
Also Read: How to Disable Google Chrome PDF Viewer
Method 2: Export WhatsApp chat as PDF on your Smartphone
If you don’t want to download the .txt file on your computer and wish to download it on your phone, you can do so using the WPS Office app.
Note: Since smartphones don’t have the same Settings options, and they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any.
Follow these steps to export WhatsApp conversations as PDF on your Android device:
1. Open Google Play Store and Install WPS Office on your device, as shown.
2. Export the chats and send them to your mailbox by repeating Steps 1-7 of the previous method.
3. Now, download the file on your smartphone by tapping on the downward arrow icon displayed on the attachment.
4. Open the downloaded file with the WPS office, as depicted.
5. Next, tap on Tools from the bottom of the screen.
6. Here, tap on File > Export to PDF, as illustrated below.
7. Check the Preview of your PDF file and tap Export to PDF.
8. Select the location on your phone where you want to save the PDF. Then, tap Save to store the PDF on your phone.
This is how you can convert as many WhatsApp conversations into PDF files as required.
Frequently asked questions(FAQ)
Q1. How do I export an entire WhatsApp conversation?
You can easily export your entire WhatsApp conversation using the Export chat option within WhatsApp itself. If you don’t know how to export WhatsApp chat as PDF, follow these steps:
1. Open the WhatsApp chat that you wish to export.
2. Tap on three vertical dots from the top of the chat bar.
3. Tap on More > Export chat.
4. Either mail as a .txt file to yourself or save it as a PDF file on your device.
Q2. How can I export WhatsApp messages to more than 40000?
WhatsApp only allows you to export up to 10,000 chats with media and 40,000 messages without media. Hence, to export WhatsApp messages more than 40000, you can use a third-party app called iMyFone D-Back. This device has been developed for iOS users to recover data on iPhones, iPads, and iPod touches. Moreover, it can be used for Android WhatsApp recovery as well. The app is supported by both Windows and Mac. Follow the given steps to do so:
- 3 Ways to Fix Screen Overlay Detected Error on Android
- How to Export Saved Passwords in Google Chrome
- Fix DHCP Lookup Failed Error in Chromebook
- How to use WhatsApp without a Phone Number
We hope you found this guide to be helpful and were able to export WhatsApp chat as a PDF. If you have any queries or suggestions, let us know in the comments section below.